Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2022, 07:44 PM

111 posts, read 142,243 times

Advertisements

I am beyond ecstatic. I received an offer today for a 2 bedroom on Stuyvesant oval. 932 sq feet under 2100/month, perfect for me and my son. I got an offer last month for a one bedroom and after some deliberation I decided to plead my case for them to switch my application to a two bedroom. I thought for sure I would be waiting forever and then I open my email today and it was like the sky opened up and a ray of sunshine landed on me lol My log number is from the 2018 lottery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 07:58 PM

44 posts, read 42,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriefOneNYC View Post
I am beyond ecstatic. I received an offer today for a 2 bedroom on Stuyvesant oval. 932 sq feet under 2100/month, perfect for me and my son. I got an offer last month for a one bedroom and after some deliberation I decided to plead my case for them to switch my application to a two bedroom. I thought for sure I would be waiting forever and then I open my email today and it was like the sky opened up and a ray of sunshine landed on me lol My log number is from the 2018 lottery
Yay congrats!!

Old 07-26-2022, 07:58 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,595,747 times
Wow, congrats! It's so nice to hear the wonderful stories posted by you all. It does my heart good!

Old 07-26-2022, 08:06 PM

147 posts, read 165,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
I am on the annoyance level - weekly basis f/u email and calls and zero responses. I have been following up because my lease ends this weekend. Trying to make arrangements has been a lot but I have a temporary plans hoping somethings come in soon. My Managment wasn’t receptive to months to months lease at all or to offer other options so I decided to not renew. I’ll move to every other week f/I after this week I guess
I feel you frustration and think there is a level of unfairness here. at the same I am very happy for those have been placed. hope it works out soon, Family.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:19 PM

199 posts, read 221,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 531PCV View Post
I feel you frustration and think there is a level of unfairness here. at the same I am very happy for those have been placed. hope it works out soon, Family.
Congrats to GriefOneNYC and greenpointer!!!!

I am really happy for all the offers. I am a firm believer my time is going to come and it is going to be just like I envisioned. I am keeping positive vibes because the love and generosity of this forum is so inspiring.

To have someone like macnyc2003 posting, answering questions and rooting for all of us is such a breath of fresh air.

It makes me dream even more to move to StuyTown and to have wonderful neighbors.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:41 PM

118 posts, read 126,657 times
Quote:
CONGRATS!!! Is the square footage indicated with the plan of the apt they sent you? If your plan is different than the one that has been shown here could you share it please.

Old 07-27-2022, 01:43 AM

76 posts, read 121,322 times
Quote:
Congrats!!!All these announcements are giving me hope that the process is moving!!! May I ask if the rent is in line with all the posting of it being about 35% of your income ?

Old 07-27-2022, 01:45 AM

76 posts, read 121,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Congrats to GriefOneNYC and greenpointer!!!!

I am really happy for all the offers. I am a firm believer my time is going to come and it is going to be just like I envisioned. I am keeping positive vibes because the love and generosity of this forum is so inspiring.

To have someone like macnyc2003 posting, answering questions and rooting for all of us is such a breath of fresh air.

It makes me dream even more to move to StuyTown and to have wonderful neighbors.
I couldn’t agree more about about the generosity of the people in this group! We should totally have a meet up once we all move in which is hopefully soon !!!

Crossing fingers these offers keep coming !!

Old 07-27-2022, 05:44 AM

28 posts, read 29,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Congrats!! You are going to be at Peter Cooper Village. Do you mind sharing approximately your rent?
Greenpointer, that is an amazing layout!!! It's over 1200 sq feet, private bathroom in the massive primary bedroom, this is the floorplan I currently live in. I pay the market rate and have been living at the property for almost 9 years. I live with roommates and jumped on the opportunity to apply for this lottery last year. If I could stay in the same apartment and pay the lottery rates, I would stay here forever, lol.

Old 07-27-2022, 06:53 AM

110 posts, read 214,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjewishh View Post
Hey everyone - i’m log number like 4400 and was asked to submit my documents for initial review about a month and a half ago. I am leaving my job in 2 weeks to join a city job but giving myself a little under a month off for vacation.

What happens if they ask me to re-submit my documents or call me for an apartment? Can I explain my situation to them? Do I need to show anything else? I’m waiting for a 1BR apartment btw and this would be huge in my 1st year salary
My number is close to yours and if it's for a one bedroom I'm not expecting to hear from them until AT LEAST October, more likely December. If it's a two bedroom that list seems to be moving much faster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery