Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2022, 03:25 PM

81 posts, read 89,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
How come you don’t have your move in date? Didn’t you sign your lease yet?
Oh yes! I have my lease start date! I just won’t be able to move in that day for reasons stated…but I will get my keys for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2022, 04:10 PM

13 posts, read 11,129 times
Hello, all!

It's been so good to read this forum. So much helpful info here. I got my offer this week and will move in at the end of the month! So excited.

I have Spectrum internet service and am wondering how it works in ST. Thanks!

Old 10-01-2022, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 2,967 times
Congratulations!!! If you wouldn’t mind sharing log number range and bedroom type please ?

Old 10-01-2022, 07:04 PM

76 posts, read 121,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markienyc View Post
While not a mom or parent, my boyfriend and I would be invaluable to any design group! Also we make a mean margarita, have been known to dog / baby sit from time to time, are always available for a Real Housewives marathon, and are both voracious readers if you know of interest in a book club. I am a hotel Concierge in Times Square and he is a musical theater composer.
I don’t know but I am here for the margaritas

Old 10-01-2022, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
somehow, I am still waiting to be approved on the buy nothing group. I was able to join all other groups..any idea how long it takes to be approved? Thanks
Not sure if they approved you but they didn’t approve me till I moved in literally

Old 10-01-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecity12 View Post
Hello, all!

It's been so good to read this forum. So much helpful info here. I got my offer this week and will move in at the end of the month! So excited.

I have spectrum and don’t have a problem

Old 10-02-2022, 08:15 AM

13 posts, read 11,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agut849 View Post
Congratulations!!! If you wouldn’t mind sharing log number range and bedroom type please ?

Thanks! My log number is 15_ _ and my apartment is a one bedroom.

Old 10-02-2022, 08:20 AM

151 posts, read 200,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplecity12 View Post
Hello, all!

I have Spectrum too, it works fine. It has its moments where the Dvr doesn’t work or there’s a service outage, but really just typical issues. Oh - and congrats!! You’ll love it here.

Question for anyone who has moved in. How is the water pressure in your bathroom sink? Mine seems really low but I’m not sure if that’s just the way it is.

Old 10-02-2022, 01:07 PM

64 posts, read 95,583 times
I moved in a while ago but wanted to follow up so see how apartments and Stuytown has been treating folks who moved in a few months to a year ago? Are your apartments holding up? What is your feeling about your apartment Stuytown overall?

Old 10-03-2022, 12:13 PM

173 posts, read 147,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmrivs View Post
I moved in a while ago but wanted to follow up so see how apartments and Stuytown has been treating folks who moved in a few months to a year ago? Are your apartments holding up? What is your feeling about your apartment Stuytown overall?
It's been a mixed experience, some good, some bad. Overall, I can't complain.

The paint they used for the renovations was really, really bad. Pretty much all the paint in my closets + bathroom started peeling and chipping off within 6-8 months. Thankfully, they'll come repaint if you submit a work order, and the recoat seems better. I still have two closets with peeling that I haven't submitted work orders for yet. Weirdly enough, living room, bedroom, and kitchen paint seems fine, or else I'd seriously be upset

Had some minor door/lock issues. Fixed easily with a work order. Leaking water in my bathtub that took 3 requests to finally fix. Low water pressure in my bathroom faucet, also fixed. My kitchen water temp feels off (not very cold or hot) but it hasn't bothered me enough yet.

The shades/blinds are low quality, but almost expected. No problems with the appliances (though the AC seems a little weak sometimes).

It's annoying to have these small issues constantly popup, but at least they'll fix without fuss. I'm overall satisfied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery