Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 01:23 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,565,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
*to at least see where my apt is located… not to see you… sorry typing fast with my phone.. keyboard is in French and I am not sure what happened there with autocorrect
It's a very nice location. I can't tell how the view is because I don't know which way you're facing in the building. But I'm sure it will be fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 02:43 PM

199 posts, read 220,152 times
Quote:
Once again Parabens! congrats! Félicitations.
What an upgrade in terms of space. It will feel like a palace.
I am so moved by your experience and I am even more happy for you and your son.

Sadly even if I am on 20th street, I will be in Stuytown and not PCV. The tenant before me was paying $4974. Probably not a lottery apt for the previous tenant? Could it be for this reason that my only proposed date was to move in 2 months after lease sign in? Are they downgrading mg apt?… moving in in exactly 17days and I cannot wait. You receive your 1st email exactly 2 weeks after me, and you are moving exactly 2 weeks after me.

I am happy for us, and I am rooting for all who are waiting. I hope that in the coming days- weeks and months, more and more offers come their way.
I was thinking about something I read here. The rent guideline board passed a new law to increase rents by 5% starting October 1st. So probably ST/PCV management put a freeze on new rent stabilized contracts for August and September so they can have as many units with the new increases. So most likely that's why you had to wait, not because your apartment has with a nicer finish.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I was thinking about something I read here. The rent guideline board passed a new law to increase rents by 5% starting October 1st. So probably ST/PCV management put a freeze on new rent stabilized contracts for August and September so they can have as many units with the new increases. So most likely that's why you had to wait, not because your apartment has with a nicer finish.
The 5% is for two-year leases; 3.25% for one-year leases.

Old 09-21-2022, 04:56 PM

171 posts, read 183,442 times
Quote:
Once again Parabens! congrats! Félicitations.
What an upgrade in terms of space. It will feel like a palace.
I am so moved by your experience and I am even more happy for you and your son.

Sadly even if I am on 20th street, I will be in Stuytown and not PCV. The tenant before me was paying $4974. Probably not a lottery apt for the previous tenant? Could it be for this reason that my only proposed date was to move in 2 months after lease sign in? Are they downgrading mg apt?… moving in in exactly 17days and I cannot wait. You receive your 1st email exactly 2 weeks after me, and you are moving exactly 2 weeks after me.

I am happy for us, and I am rooting for all who are waiting. I hope that in the coming days- weeks and months, more and more offers come their way.
If the previous tenant was paying close to 5k it should have already had some work done on the apartment, it will be interesting to hear about it when you finally get to see it! It's insane they don't allow you to even view it. Maybe you'll get lucky and have the kitchen with some of the nicer market rate upgrades.

Here I am log #33** still waiting on a 2 bedroom, I just do not have luck with them. Hoping for the fall. I check in with the office every couple of weeks to see if there's any news. This week is still the status quo, no new news.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:38 PM

13 posts, read 17,011 times
Does anyone know how packages get delivered in Stuytown? Where are they left? Is there a theft problem?

Old 09-22-2022, 06:53 AM

13 posts, read 17,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmrivs View Post
I am on a M level too, it is okay. Lightning is not decent but being on the M floor is really going to depend on what side your apartment is on. If you are at the front, I would consider it more like being on the 1st floor, but if your apartment is in the back, I would consider it more as ground level. A positive of being on the ground floor is being as to go up and down stairs quickly (only one floor) and not having to wait for elevator when running errands.
Yeah, I'm really going to miss the natural light. I'm in an E block apartment that faces east. Im more concerned with noise and bugs being on a low floor. But its definitely better than my 5th floor walkup!

Old 09-22-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcat3996 View Post
Does anyone know how packages get delivered in Stuytown? Where are they left? Is there a theft problem?
Packages are supposed to be delivered to your door, but are often left in the lobby, right near the T level door (where the mailboxes are).

Yes, there have been thefts. On occasion, if you go into the stairwell, you will see someone's box opened up and the contents removed. Also, if the delivery people are in a hurry, they leave the packages in the wrong building.

There is a concierge service you can subscribe to, and your packages will be delivered there.

I'm sure management will give you info about that.

If you are on M level, and your apartment is right by the front door, the concierge service would be good for you so that your packages aren't visible to everyone coming into the building.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 09-22-2022 at 07:25 AM..

Old 09-22-2022, 10:35 AM

28 posts, read 29,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Log#34xx. 2 bdrm - I GOT MY OFFER!!!

Hello friends,

Yesterday I finally got my email offer. I am going to be at PCV near First ave. It is a 2 bdrm/2bath and I am ELATED!!!
They will send me the lease today or tomorrow and the Obligo link for payments. The move-in date is between October 8-20.
I will post a more detailed timeline once my lease is signed. I am working with my current landlord to get an early release. They told me I need to send them the lease signed and they're going to inspect my apartment before they can provide the release.

Keep your spirits high!!! Your time is going to come.
Congrats!!!! You definitely deserve this layout with all the months you have been waiting! Wish you all the best!

Old 09-22-2022, 12:06 PM

199 posts, read 220,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeNYC View Post
If the previous tenant was paying close to 5k it should have already had some work done on the apartment, it will be interesting to hear about it when you finally get to see it! It's insane they don't allow you to even view it. Maybe you'll get lucky and have the kitchen with some of the nicer market rate upgrades.

Here I am log #33** still waiting on a 2 bedroom, I just do not have luck with them. Hoping for the fall. I check in with the office every couple of weeks to see if there's any news. This week is still the status quo, no new news.
Chloe,

Your time is coming. You are a couple of weeks behind me. Ms. Pryce gave me the offer over the phone when I called last Friday. If you got the email for final approval it will happen.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:21 PM

171 posts, read 183,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Chloe,

Your time is coming. You are a couple of weeks behind me. Ms. Pryce gave me the offer over the phone when I called last Friday. If you got the email for final approval it will happen.
I didn't receive an email, they told me I had been approved by the supervisor and was finally waiting for my match when I last called. Was your email from the supervisor or Ms. Pryce?

I'm going to call again on Monday to check in and will ask about this if everyone else also received an approval email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery