Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 06:09 PM

81 posts, read 89,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstardanc2007 View Post
Just a quick update to say that everything ended up working out. The leasing agent finally emailed me back yesterday and they've agreed to let me out of the lease with a one-month penalty + forfeiting my security deposit, which is more than fair. Really glad I can put this all behind me because... I moved into my new apartment yesterday! And totally unexpectedly, it has an insane view of the Empire State Building!!! I was absolutely stunned when I saw it. The entire apartment is gorgeous, and I'm just feeling incredibly lucky and grateful. My only complaint is the kitchen cabinets are obviously low quality, and several of mine are scratched and dinged up. Considering putting in a complaint about them.

How wonderful for you! Congratulations! And a view of ESB! That's incredible!. Many continued blessings, (and new cabinets too)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 12:35 PM

46 posts, read 46,928 times
Drumroll… offer accepted!!!

Log #68xx, 2 br. We first were called for documents on June 28, got an offer on Wednesday.

My bf and I signed the 2-year lease last night and I dropped off checks today. (There was a problem with Obligo not connecting to my bank.) Waiting to hear final confirmation from the leasing agent that she got our payment, and then we will be all set. Apartment will be ready next week. No move date as of yet.

Our rent is 2600, the max that the lottery allows. It was still a no-brainer to accept! This place is a bit pricier than our soon-to-be old one, but it’s also MUCH bigger, and we are going from Brooklyn to Manhattan. So exciting.

The building is between the 20th St loop and the Avenue C loop. So roughly at 18th and B (if that corner existed).

Old 09-16-2022, 01:11 PM

118 posts, read 126,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycatjunior View Post

Log #68xx, 2 br. We first were called for documents on June 28, got an offer on Wednesday.

My bf and I signed the 2-year lease last night and I dropped off checks today. (There was a problem with Obligo not connecting to my bank.) Waiting to hear final confirmation from the leasing agent that she got our payment, and then we will be all set. Apartment will be ready next week. No move date as of yet.

Our rent is 2600, the max that the lottery allows. It was still a no-brainer to accept! This place is a bit pricier than our soon-to-be old one, but it’s also MUCH bigger, and we are going from Brooklyn to Manhattan. So exciting.

The building is between the 20th St loop and the Avenue C loop. So roughly at 18th and B (if that corner existed).
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting!!!

Old 09-16-2022, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How exciting!!!
Thank you neighbor!!! <3

Confirmed, we can pick up keys on Sept 30. Now, the packing begins…

Old 09-16-2022, 01:21 PM

199 posts, read 220,571 times
I just got off the phone with Ms. Pryce and she said I am getting my offer on Monday for a possible October moving date.

Old 09-16-2022, 01:24 PM

199 posts, read 220,571 times
Congrats on your offer!!!!!!

Old 09-16-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Congrats on your offer!!!!!!
Yay, and right back at you!!!

Old 09-16-2022, 02:01 PM

72 posts, read 76,538 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyprnyc View Post
I feel a virtual connection, lol. Our lottery numbers are close and we are on a similar timeline with paperwork. But everyone's input has been so informative, I enjoy this forum very much
That's fantastic news mycatjunior!!! Congratulations!! Jennyprnyc - are you feeling a tingle?

Old 09-16-2022, 02:28 PM

72 posts, read 76,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
I just got off the phone with Ms. Pryce and she said I am getting my offer on Monday for a possible October moving date.
Congrats (early - knock on wood - no jinx) to you as well TPNYC!! Let us know how it turns out.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:30 PM

65 posts, read 73,330 times
Quote:

Congratulations!! That's excellent news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery