Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2022, 07:35 PM

6 posts, read 6,542 times

Advertisements

I've been lurking here since I was asked to submit my paperwork back in September 2021 (I'm log number 11xx). So I thought I'll share my timeline for those who might be lurking too.

--April 2021: I applied to the lottery
--Sept 2021: Asked to submit paperwork. I'm put on a waitlist since I'm looking for a one bedroom
--May 2022: Asked to resubmit paperwork. A week later, they contact me saying they require additional paperwork and if I have any pets. I submit my paperwork within the hour of receiving the email and they replied just as promptly, stating my "application is currently ready for processing".

I'll update if I'm disqualified or receive an offer.

Thanks and good luck, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2022, 08:01 PM

65 posts, read 73,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuytownthrowaway View Post
I've been lurking here since I was asked to submit my paperwork back in September 2021 (I'm log number 11xx). So I thought I'll share my timeline for those who might be lurking too.

--Sept 2021: Asked to submit paperwork. I'm put on a waitlist since I'm looking for a one bedroom
--May 2022: Asked to resubmit paperwork. A week later, they contact me saying they require additional paperwork and if I have any pets. I submit my paperwork within the hour of receiving the email and they replied just as promptly, stating my "application is currently ready for processing".

Glad to see some movement after a few slow weeks! This is a great sign! Other commenters seem to have received offers for apartments pretty quickly after the request to resubmit paperwork.

Old 05-18-2022, 10:35 PM

171 posts, read 184,339 times
Quote:

Congrats! Happy to see things may be moving forward.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:00 PM

Update!

I got the apt! And the rent is low 1400s. I believe it's the modern remodel (stainless steel appliances) and the square feet is almost 800.

The only drawback is it seems to be on the first floor (it's facing the 14th Street Loop between A and B). For those who live in StuyTown now, how is living on the first floor? Should I be concerned about safety? What about mice and roaches?

And to note: I really do think the rent is random (aka a lottery). My salary is right in the middle of the one person one bedroom income range and my rent offer is on the lower end.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:30 PM

151 posts, read 200,486 times
Congratulations! I moved in less than a month ago so I’m certainly not an expert. But you can ask to see the apartment. If it’s ready they may let you see it. Is the floor 1? There is an M and a T level. BTW, I was very anxious about the move but so far I love it here! It’s very clean - I haven’t seen bugs anywhere.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:49 PM

171 posts, read 184,339 times
Quote:
Update!

I got the apt! And the rent is low 1400s. I believe it's the modern remodel (stainless steel appliances) and the square feet is almost 800.

The only drawback is it seems to be on the first floor (it's facing the 14th Street Loop between A and B). For those who live in StuyTown now, how is living on the first floor? Should I be concerned about safety? What about mice and roaches?

And to note: I really do think the rent is random (aka a lottery). My salary is right in the middle of the one person one bedroom income range and my rent offer is on the lower end.
I actually prefer to be on a low floor, easy in/out no bothering with the elevator. I'm on a low floor in my current building and have never had an issue with mice/bugs. Before you move in I'd just do a thorough check for any potential holes where anything could enter and seal them.

Old 05-19-2022, 03:57 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,589,702 times
Quote:
Update!

Wow, what a deal! That's the cheapest price I've seen yet.

First floor is fine.

In Stuy Town, the ground floor is called T, for terrace.

Above that is M, for Main.

Then above that is the first floor. So you will not be on the ground floor. Whether you will be one flight up or two flights up depends on which side of the building you're on (ST is quite hilly), but you're good either way!

Congrats!

DM me if you want me to check out the location further for you, but it sounds great to me!

Old 05-19-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyZ View Post
Congratulations! I moved in less than a month ago so I’m certainly not an expert. But you can ask to see the apartment. If it’s ready they may let you see it. Is the floor 1? There is an M and a T level. BTW, I was very anxious about the move but so far I love it here! It’s very clean - I haven’t seen bugs anywhere.
Thanks! Yep, it's Floor 1 (01). So I guess that's like Floor 3. I asked to see the apt and the leasing agent said they could show me the "lake unit" and the building where I would be living. I guess I'll do that.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Wow, what a deal! That's the cheapest price I've seen yet.

First floor is fine.

In Stuy Town, the ground floor is called T, for terrace.

Above that is M, for Main.

Then above that is the first floor. So you will not be on the ground floor. Whether you will be one flight up or two flights up depends on which side of the building you're on (ST is quite hilly), but you're good either way!

Congrats!

DM me if you want me to check out the location further for you, but it sounds great to me!
Will do! My apt is 01 and I was just informed that's the third floor--not so bad. The building is closer to Avenue B than A and I know that could be a walk to the subway.

Old 05-19-2022, 04:20 PM

65 posts, read 73,485 times
Quote:
Update!

Congratulations! That’s amazing! I’m so jealous!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery