Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2022, 05:21 PM

65 posts, read 73,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandreLeGrand View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share with the group that I finally received the email asking me to resubmit documentation because "they are ready to begin reprocessing my application for a one bedroom unit as they have now opened up".

I cannot describe how excited am. I have been following this chat for months now & I cannot express my gratitude to all the participants as you have provided so much visibility in such an opaque process.

I am now going to resubmit my documentation & keep you updated. In the meantime, here is my timeline:

Log # 12XX (right under 13XX)
- 3/31/2021: Applied
- 4/27/2021: Was provided log number
- 9/28/2021: Requested to submit documentation
- 10/2/2021: Submitted documentation
- 6/1/2022: Contacted to resubmit documentation

I had created a timeline based on other people's story & I had guessed today to be the day I would be contacted (Pure coincidence I am sure), but if that might help, I had calculated a 242 days window from the time of the original request to submit documents to the time they request documents again because they are ready to process your application (ref: page #185 of this forum).

I will keep you updated as soon as I receive more details.
Congrats! Glad to see movement! Gives me hope I might be called soon too (log 15xx, first asked for documents in mid-October). I don't have super high hopes they'll meet that 242 day window for me though. That would put me getting the call in 2ish weeks, which given our disparate log numbers, seems unlikely. Although, that timing would align pretty perfectly with the end of my current lease (July 31 with my renewal due in about 3 weeks).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2022, 07:14 PM

21 posts, read 25,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
@ Alexandre... so happy for you.
I just wanted to clarify your timeline. Since you submitted your paperwork in October, you have never heard from them at all until today?
They never told you that you are on a waitlist?
Ask you if you had any pets?
My log # is in the 2xxx.. way above you. It seems that it takes about 7 to 8 months for people to get an apt after initial request of documents.
I am trying to figure out my application is moving along...thx
@Yaya thank you very much.

I was contacted on 10/6/2021 by Ms. Jordan after I submitted my original documentation to let me know that “they have placed my application on hold until units become available” because “currently they do not have any 1-bedroom units available for occupancy”. I am assuming this is when I was put on the “waitlist”. After that I would email them once every 2 weeks or once a month to follow up.

Syed took over my file after Ms. Jordan’s departure & he mentioned on 4/11/2022 that “At the moment, they are still low on one bedroom inventory. They expect additional units to become available in August. Please check back in then for another update if you have not been contacted. Again, the lottery team is not informed of when expected units are said to become available. We simply process additional applicants as units open up at the same time. The renovation team are trying their best to accommodate all applicant needs and we hope to reach out to you soon.“

& today I received the email to resubmit ppwk because they “they are ready to begin reprocessing my application for a one bedroom unit as they have now opened up.”

I hope this helps. I will keep you posted

Old 06-01-2022, 07:19 PM

21 posts, read 25,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstardanc2007 View Post
Congrats! Glad to see movement! Gives me hope I might be called soon too (log 15xx, first asked for documents in mid-October). I don't have super high hopes they'll meet that 242 day window for me though. That would put me getting the call in 2ish weeks, which given our disparate log numbers, seems unlikely. Although, that timing would align pretty perfectly with the end of my current lease (July 31 with my renewal due in about 3 weeks).
Thank you

Old 06-02-2022, 07:14 AM

203 posts, read 263,090 times
Just received an email - We are ready to process your StuyTown Lottery application- Log No. 5XXX. Should I start packing?

Old 06-02-2022, 07:20 AM

77 posts, read 93,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink snake View Post
Just received an email - We are ready to process your StuyTown Lottery application- Log No. 5XXX. Should I start packing?
Wow! they already reached log#5xxx? is it one bedroom?

Old 06-02-2022, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefamily View Post
Wow! they already reached log#5xxx? is it one bedroom?
Yes, 1 br.

Old 06-02-2022, 07:53 AM

Should I be excited or no not really?

Old 06-02-2022, 08:05 AM

31 posts, read 31,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink snake View Post
Should I be excited or no not really?
Maybe. Maybe not. They’ve been reaching out to higher log numbers for a few weeks now but were also sending out emails that there were no 1 bedroom units available. It seems there’s a new batch moving as of yesterday, but it’s unsure how many are in the batch. The last users to be offered units on this thread had log numbers in the low to mid 1000 range for 1 bedroom and I believe a user in the mid 2000 range got offered a 2 bedroom. I’m 31XX for a 1 bed and have not been offered yet. But fingers crossed for us all!!!

Old 06-02-2022, 09:45 AM

118 posts, read 126,152 times
@ pink snake. Its indeed exciting to receive the 1st email. One thing you will learn during the process is to be patient. Yesterday a member who is right below the 1300 log mentioned that they are finally reprocessing his application for a 1 bedroom...given that he was 1st contacted in September.... give yourself couple of month before thinking of a move.

On another note, today I was able to talk with someone at the front desk who mentioned that there are couple of 2 bedrooms that are finally available... I doubt that I will make this batch but hopefully next....unless since I am in the high 2000.

Good luck to all of us

Old 06-02-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
@ pink snake. Its indeed exciting to receive the 1st email. One thing you will learn during the process is to be patient. Yesterday a member who is right below the 1300 log mentioned that they are finally reprocessing his application for a 1 bedroom...given that he was 1st contacted in September.... give yourself couple of month before thinking of a move.

On another note, today I was able to talk with someone at the front desk who mentioned that there are couple of 2 bedrooms that are finally available... I doubt that I will make this batch but hopefully next....unless since I am in the high 2000.

Good luck to all of us
Thanks for the insight and good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery