Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 01:31 PM

532 posts, read 415,783 times

Advertisements

Especially if you know you’re going to be there for a while.

Kind of delay the inevitable increase
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 01:41 PM

8 posts, read 8,462 times
I just spoke with the office about my place on the 1BR wait list, and they gave me the same response as when I tried calling weeks ago: there has been no movement on 1BRs, and they don't know when there will be.

This obviously isn't the case, since there are multiple posts from the past couple of days indicating movement.

Has anyone else on the 1BR hold list received a similar response? I'm not sure if I spoke with someone who didn't have all the correct info, and wondering if there's someone else from the office I should try speaking with.

Old 09-19-2022, 01:51 PM

86 posts, read 91,114 times
I have, I was told there was no movement and that most likely there would be movement toward the end of the year.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:02 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,565,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapas View Post
I got an offer!! Log number 16 XX one bedroom. The apartment is in PCV 601 E. 20th. High floor D line. Does anyone know what direction that line faces? I’d roll over if I had a Riverview, but either way I’m taking it! Lease dates are in third week of October.

Hang in there everybody! It has been crickets for several weeks and I started to lose hope. I do think it’s about matching the income to the apartment. I’m so excited! I’ve wanted to live in StuyTown since a college student of the block at SVA decades ago!

I’m not as familiar with the PCV grounds, do they have some thing comparable to the fountain? It’s all good either way!

Thanks everyone!! it’s been so great having this for him to keep the sanity! Once this lottery ends we all need to meet up for a celebration!

Rose
Wow, super cool!!! Congrats!

As far which way the apartment faces, did they give you a map, with your windows indicated? You may be able to tell from that.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:31 PM

81 posts, read 89,331 times
Hi Mac thanks! On closer inspection the map does show the line info. No water view but IDC still thrilled!

alAlso for those still waiting, when did you submit? And what’s your log #? Some ppl were called before me with higher log #s so it’s hard to know why. it does appear they are trying to match the under $35% rent so this could also be why your application is held up as well. who is your Rep? Perhaps ask for Syed, he was very helpful and communicative. Good luck!

Old 09-19-2022, 02:33 PM

65 posts, read 73,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
As far which way the apartment faces, did they give you a map, with your windows indicated? You may be able to tell from that.
This! My offer included (along with the virtual tour and floor plan diagram) a portion of a map that showed where in the building my unit is located and which direction it was facing. I would send you the map they sent me, but it's just showing a very small part of Stuytown that includes my building and the buildings in my immediate vicinity. Doesn't show PCV.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:49 PM

86 posts, read 91,114 times
Quote:
Hi Mac thanks! On closer inspection the map does show the line info. No water view but IDC still thrilled!

alAlso for those still waiting, when did you submit? And what’s your log #? Some ppl were called before me with higher log #s so it’s hard to know why. it does appear they are trying to match the under $35% rent so this could also be why your application is held up as well. who is your Rep? Perhaps ask for Syed, he was very helpful and communicative. Good luck!

Congratulations !! Yea I figured they were trying to match apartments to incomes - I've been patient because I believe things will work out how they're supposed to. I did notice someone's rent being under the 35% mark for me and I have a lower log number which made me want to call again but we'll see.

My log is 21XX and my agent is Syed.

Old 09-19-2022, 03:13 PM

81 posts, read 89,331 times
I've been patient because I believe things will work out how they're supposed to. [/quote]

I am with you there, we have to have faith that whatever happens is what is supposed to, otherwise we go crazy! Are your documents up to date also? Syed had asked me to send most recent banking info so my application would not expire until November- this is several weeks back but he said he thought by then I’d have a good chance.

Crossing fingers for you Ang!

Old 09-19-2022, 03:33 PM

8 posts, read 8,462 times
Quote:

Ah, that could be the case! My rep is Syed, and I have found him to be very helpful. Perhaps I'll just be patient and give him another try in a couple of weeks! Thanks everyone.

Old 09-19-2022, 03:36 PM

36 posts, read 42,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by griftag View Post
I just spoke with the office about my place on the 1BR wait list, and they gave me the same response as when I tried calling weeks ago: there has been no movement on 1BRs, and they don't know when there will be.

This obviously isn't the case, since there are multiple posts from the past couple of days indicating movement.

Has anyone else on the 1BR hold list received a similar response? I'm not sure if I spoke with someone who didn't have all the correct info, and wondering if there's someone else from the office I should try speaking with.

I’m log 26XX and was told by Syed to call back in December for an update. This update was given to me early sept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery