Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 07:30 AM

4,786 posts, read 6,610,149 times

Advertisements

You should ask in the office about that. I installed restaurant-style shelving above my stove, and I just set a 12-inch fan on the window for ventilation. But cabinets and an exhaust fan would be more useful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 07:30 AM

64 posts, read 95,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiaaa8 View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows if cabinets and microwave can be installed above the stove as it is in the market rate apartments .. ?

Apartments will not come with the shelving or cabinets needed to attach a microwave. The side where the stove is at is fairly blank. I have seen a few people put up a wall shelf and add their microwave on that. Unsure if you will be able to add your own cabinets to have a hood microwave. You would ask but may be pricey.

Old 09-19-2022, 07:33 AM

64 posts, read 95,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcat3996 View Post
Yes! It’s from the 2021 lotto. They first asked me for paperwork on the first of March, I resubmitted early July, and I’ve called a few times to let them know I exist. I was VERY surprised when I got the offer.

In terms of timing after the offer; I had 24hrs to respond, 5 days to sign the lease, and they gave me a five day window to choose from for move in. My understanding is the units are under reno so they’re preleasing and giving you a move in window that’s after the projected completion date. I think everyone gets the same walkthrough video.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=gUpNRJ2oRnq

I’ll be moving into an M level apartment, which I’m not super thrilled with but You get what you get!
I am on a M level too, it is okay. Lightning is not decent but being on the M floor is really going to depend on what side your apartment is on. If you are at the front, I would consider it more like being on the 1st floor, but if your apartment is in the back, I would consider it more as ground level. A positive of being on the ground floor is being as to go up and down stairs quickly (only one floor) and not having to wait for elevator when running errands.

Old 09-19-2022, 12:52 PM

81 posts, read 89,805 times
I got an offer!! Log number 16 XX one bedroom. The apartment is in PCV 601 E. 20th. High floor D line. Does anyone know what direction that line faces? I’d roll over if I had a Riverview, but either way I’m taking it! Lease dates are in third week of October.

Hang in there everybody! It has been crickets for several weeks and I started to lose hope. I do think it’s about matching the income to the apartment. I’m so excited! I’ve wanted to live in StuyTown since a college student of the block at SVA decades ago!

I’m not as familiar with the PCV grounds, do they have some thing comparable to the fountain? It’s all good either way!

Thanks everyone!! it’s been so great having this for him to keep the sanity! Once this lottery ends we all need to meet up for a celebration!

Rose

Old 09-19-2022, 12:59 PM

65 posts, read 73,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapas View Post
I got an offer!! Log number 16 XX one bedroom. The apartment is in PCV 601 E. 20th. High floor D line. Does anyone know what direction that line faces? I’d roll over if I had a Riverview, but either way I’m taking it! Lease dates are in third week of October.

Hang in there everybody! It has been crickets for several weeks and I started to lose hope. I do think it’s about matching the income to the apartment. I’m so excited! I’ve wanted to live in StuyTown since a college student of the block at SVA decades ago!

I’m not as familiar with the PCV grounds, do they have some thing comparable to the fountain? It’s all good either way!

Thanks everyone!! it’s been so great having this for him to keep the sanity! Once this lottery ends we all need to meet up for a celebration!

Rose
CONGRATS!!! I was hoping you would get an offer soon, with our numbers and timelines up to this point being so similar. And PCV--awesome! I'm a little jealous of your eat in kitchen and square footage!

565 posts, read 440,727 times
Quote:

Rose
Awesome, tried looking at floorplans but the plans didnt have a directional compass or anything on it. Looks uber spacious.

2 posts, read 1,886 times
Congratulations

Old 09-19-2022, 01:13 PM

81 posts, read 89,805 times
Thank you! Also what is the overall sentiment f between one year lease or two? Is this about potential increases? The difference between the 1 & 2 year rent amount is about .01 percent of rent. I thought there Was a limit on how much they could raise it anyway- anyone in the know shine some light, but I’m leaning toward 2year lease b/c I’m not ever leaving! LOL So happy!

Old 09-19-2022, 01:26 PM

565 posts, read 440,727 times
I’d just sign a two year lease. They can change sometimes in between leases if I read it correctly somewhere

Old 09-19-2022, 01:28 PM

65 posts, read 73,648 times
Quote:
Thank you! Also what is the overall sentiment f between one year lease or two? Is this about potential increases? The difference between the 1 & 2 year rent amount is about .01 percent of rent. I thought there Was a limit on how much they could raise it anyway- anyone in the know shine some light, but I’m leaning toward 2year lease b/c I’m not ever leaving! LOL So happy!
I went with 1 year because my lease started in September so the 1st 6 months are last year's rate with only the 2nd 6 months at the current year rate. I did the math with the % increase that is going in effect on 10/1 for my lease renewal next year, and over the 2 years it was going to average out to a very similar out of pocket total cost. Because of moving expenses and the costs associated with breaking my other lease, I opted to prioritize the immediate lower rent for better cash flow. If I were signing an October lease (as it sounds like you are) I likely would have gone for the 2 year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery