Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2023, 09:00 PM

20 posts, read 23,876 times

Advertisements

Any movement on the 1 bedroom list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2023, 09:53 PM

118 posts, read 126,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred112 View Post
Apparently there has been no movement on the 3 BR list for quite some time and they don't know when there will be.
today I ran into an acquaintance. We used to live in the same building 10 years ago... Long story short, she mentioned that she is a lottery recipient and moved in a 3 bedroom Stuytown apt in January...
She was offered a 2 bedroom but declined and waited almost a full year for a 3 bedroom to become available.
Best of luck to you.

Old 07-20-2023, 12:33 PM

24 posts, read 20,971 times
This is great information! Thank you so much. I started regretting waiting for a 3 bedroom. So there's a tiny bit of hope left. Thank you!

Old 08-02-2023, 08:46 AM

15 posts, read 13,945 times
Update for those still following, especially for status on one bedrooms, I was contacted on 7/20 that they had reached my log # and to ask if I was still interested in the lottery apt. They had expressed there was more inventory coming online.

Log #37XX for reference.

I resent my documents shortly after and on 7/25 they offered me a 1bd apt along with a 3d viewing link to a similar layout (they advised that apartments would be under renovation right up until lease start). Confirmed and signed lease by 7/28 -- heads up they are on a tight turnaround, two days to approve offer and 5 days to sign lease and make deposits.

I had just moved into a rent stabilized lottery apt in a new building in Greenpoint 6 months ago, but made the decision to leave as this would be an upgrade space-wise and also ST feels more sustainable and better managed for something actually long-term (already a lot of maintenance issues my current building -_-).

***also does anyone know what the configuration/layouts of the buildings are? I'm in an 'H' line on 14th street, but unsure which direction that is facing, either street side or interior.

Old 08-02-2023, 11:54 AM

3,132 posts, read 2,727,396 times
The view "out the windows" in the 3D layouts is accurate, so you should probably be able to tell from that.

Old 08-02-2023, 03:07 PM

4,770 posts, read 6,560,761 times
I agree the 3D tours are accurate for seeing which way you’re facing. Jay, is your new building directly on 14th Street, or is it set back, within the complex? And congrats!

Old 08-02-2023, 03:42 PM

15 posts, read 13,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
I agree the 3D tours are accurate for seeing which way you’re facing. Jay, is your new building directly on 14th Street, or is it set back, within the complex? And congrats!
It's right on 14th street. The 3d layout they sent me is from a different shaped building on 1st ave and on a higher floor, but looks to be facing into the complex. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-03-2023, 10:29 AM

36 posts, read 42,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_Doubleyou View Post
Update for those still following, especially for status on one bedrooms, I was contacted on 7/20 that they had reached my log # and to ask if I was still interested in the lottery apt. They had expressed there was more inventory coming online.

Log #37XX for reference.

I resent my documents shortly after and on 7/25 they offered me a 1bd apt along with a 3d viewing link to a similar layout (they advised that apartments would be under renovation right up until lease start). Confirmed and signed lease by 7/28 -- heads up they are on a tight turnaround, two days to approve offer and 5 days to sign lease and make deposits.

I had just moved into a rent stabilized lottery apt in a new building in Greenpoint 6 months ago, but made the decision to leave as this would be an upgrade space-wise and also ST feels more sustainable and better managed for something actually long-term (already a lot of maintenance issues my current building -_-).

***also does anyone know what the configuration/layouts of the buildings are? I'm in an 'H' line on 14th street, but unsure which direction that is facing, either street side or interior.

This is amazing news !!! Do you mind sharing your 3D link ?

Old 08-04-2023, 08:03 AM

143 posts, read 162,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr19 View Post
bavi - they are REALLY poor at responding to emails and phone calls. I'm not sure which email you've been trying, but a while back, I had some luck when I contacted stuytownlotteryquestions@stuytown.com about a general lotto question i had.

Also try giving them a phone call (212-253-3680) - again, they aren't great at picking up, but I was able to get through once (after calling many, many times).

I have a funny feeling that there is only one woman processing phone/email requests for the lotto which is why it's so hard to get in contact.
Repost this contact information. My contact is Ms Wentt.

Old 08-04-2023, 10:15 AM

143 posts, read 162,236 times
I contacted Ms Wentt Today. She returned my call within 3 hours. we had been contacted in June 2022 for updated docs abd tvst they had reached our lottery spot. Like others that was premature. We are log 55xx and waiting for a 2 bedroom. We had signed up for a 3 bedroom but switched after reading this board , we switch to a 2 bedroom. This was about a year ago. Ms Wentt was encouraging for the end of the year for us. I asked her about the 3 bedroom list and she seemed to indicate we made the right call as 3 bedrooms have not moved much.

Any thoughts about this? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery