Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2023, 07:20 PM

171 posts, read 182,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
I know but in their pdf they say the minimum is 2000 so if I see that I will jump on it. But not holding my breath. It has been a reason to wake up earlier and regulate my sleep schedule better. lol
I think they'll have some in the lower range posted on occasion, just have to get lucky when they appear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2023, 07:51 AM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
If anyone is interested in the newest lottery, people have been posting updates here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...housing-8.html

So far, all one-bedrooms have been around $3,400.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:35 PM

12 posts, read 18,632 times
Hi all,

A moment 2+ years in the making but here I am.
Happy to say that I received my offer two weeks ago and will move in about two weeks to a one bedroom in PCV. $1600 including A/C's charges.

Here's my timeline:

March 2021 - Applied for the lottery
February 2022 - First contact to submit paperwork.
Mrrch to August 2022 - Called and email for updates
August 2022 - Resubmitted paperwork.
September 2022 to February 2023 - Called and email for updates.
February 2023 - Resubmitted paperwork
April 18th - Received offer.
May 3rd - Signed lease.
May 9th - Picked up keys and saw the apartment for the first time.
End of May - Moving Day! Yay!

I have to say, between the offer and the lease signing, those were the worst and most anxiety filled days of my life.
When you are not used to good things happen to you, you feel like anything can swept the rug under your feet and not get what you wanted.

Luckily, that didn't happened and I am very happy with the apartment. It's so big and the kitchen and bathroom are beautiful. More that I was expecting.

From a pessimist, I only have to say. What is yours, nothing or no one can take it way from you!
Be patient, follow up and keep getting updates. Your time will come!

P.S. the timing couldn't be more perfect because my current lease ends in May 31st.

Good luck! Best wishes to you all!

Old 05-11-2023, 03:19 PM

4,766 posts, read 6,555,721 times
What a great story! Congrats to you for your persistence, and enjoy your new home!

Old 05-11-2023, 03:21 PM

2,005 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoderosoGuerrero View Post
Hi all,
Happy to say that I received my offer two weeks ago and will move in about two weeks to a one bedroom in PCV. $1600 including A/C's charges.
Congratulations. What was your aproxímate Log#?
(For those reading this who don’t know, this unusual lottery in this unusual development does not go strictly by log#. But it is still useful to know which log# have gotten success and at about what rent.)

Old 05-11-2023, 05:29 PM

12 posts, read 18,632 times
Thank you so much!

My log was 24XX.

Old 05-12-2023, 04:24 AM

143 posts, read 162,010 times
Quote:
Hi all,

Here's my timeline:

May 3rd - Signed lease.

I have to say, between the offer and the lease signing, those were the worst and most anxiety filled days of my life.
When you are not used to good things happen to you, you feel like anything can swept the rug under your feet and not get what you wanted.

Luckily, that didn't happened and I am very happy with the apartment. It's so big and the kitchen and bathroom are beautiful. More that I was expecting.

From a pessimist, I only have to say. What is yours, nothing or no one can take it way from you!

P.S. the timing couldn't be more perfect because my current lease ends in May 31st.

Congratulations

Old 05-12-2023, 07:34 AM

281 posts, read 279,069 times
Congrats a lot. It is really great to hear the success stories

Old 05-12-2023, 08:25 AM

133 posts, read 85,226 times
Congrats! Enjoy the new home!

Old 05-16-2023, 07:30 PM

118 posts, read 126,118 times
Congrats to you! Welcome. You will enjoy living here.
Things have definitely changed with the lottery because when I got my offer 6 months ago, I had 2 days to accept pay the deposit, then lease was generated right after. I could only pick up the keys the afternoon before my moving day and not allowed to even enter the apt until move it day, even to take a look as they said it's a liability.
Quote:
Hi all,

Here's my timeline:

May 3rd - Signed lease.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery