Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2023, 12:40 PM

239 posts, read 321,570 times

Advertisements

https://app.stuytownlottery.com/lottery.html#signIn

https://www.stuytownlottery.com/application

These links work but, no updates even when you have already been notified and, moved in from the 2021 Lottery. It's been almost a full year for me but, the status remains the same. "Tenant Selection In Progress"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 06:10 PM

171 posts, read 183,598 times
Any updates or good news to share? It's been quiet, hoping some more offers are extended soon!

Old 02-06-2023, 12:43 PM

27 posts, read 19,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDSKOOLNYC1 View Post
https://app.stuytownlottery.com/lottery.html#signIn

https://www.stuytownlottery.com/application

These links work but, no updates even when you have already been notified and, moved in from the 2021 Lottery. It's been almost a full year for me but, the status remains the same. "Tenant Selection In Progress"
I believe the status refers to the status of the lottery, not the status of the application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeNYC View Post
Any updates or good news to share?
Possibly this isn't new news in this thread, but in late December I reached out to ask about my application and whether the lottery would be extended. Syed responded: "In regards to the lottery deadline, we are scheduled to close this lottery towards the end of February. However, it is very likely that due to the numerous amount of applicants who have already received processing emails and have been placed on separate hold lists, we will have to extend this lottery. If you do not receive any formal correspondence from StuyTown that your application has been terminated, you can assume your waitlist stands as is."

So... I guess as far as I'm concerned, no news is good news. (Alternatively: good news is good news!)

Old 02-08-2023, 07:08 PM

171 posts, read 183,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunblasts View Post
I believe the status refers to the status of the lottery, not the status of the application.

Possibly this isn't new news in this thread, but in late December I reached out to ask about my application and whether the lottery would be extended. Syed responded: "In regards to the lottery deadline, we are scheduled to close this lottery towards the end of February. However, it is very likely that due to the numerous amount of applicants who have already received processing emails and have been placed on separate hold lists, we will have to extend this lottery. If you do not receive any formal correspondence from StuyTown that your application has been terminated, you can assume your waitlist stands as is."

So... I guess as far as I'm concerned, no news is good news. (Alternatively: good news is good news!)
I think that would be welcome news to many!

Old 02-22-2023, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,051 times
Default Question regarding asset limits for Stuytown

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue...
We are about to turn in all our paperwork. If you had more than 250K in assets 6 months ago will that disqualify you? More recently we have less as we shifted some to retirement accounts. Back over the summer Skylar had suggested this. I know she has since left (we are now dealing with Syed). Anyone have thoughts about this?

Old 02-23-2023, 10:32 AM

13 posts, read 14,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR1104 View Post
I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue...
We are about to turn in all our paperwork. If you had more than 250K in assets 6 months ago will that disqualify you? More recently we have less as we shifted some to retirement accounts. Back over the summer Skylar had suggested this. I know she has since left (we are now dealing with Syed). Anyone have thoughts about this?
As long as your assets are under 250K when you update your paperwork, you will be fine. And retirements don't count towards the cap anyway so its best if need be, you move your money their if you can.

Old 02-28-2023, 04:52 AM

3 posts, read 8,150 times
Do anyone knows if they will be doing the Stuytown Lottery of 2023?

Old 03-09-2023, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 2,860 times
Here is what I just heard: The lottery has been extended with no end date provided as yet. The official announcement has not posted to the website which is currently under construction.

Old 03-10-2023, 11:02 AM

27 posts, read 19,414 times
Hi guys, can confirm that the 2021 lottery has been extended ("hopefully for another year or longer"), AND that they will be doing a 2023 lottery as well.

Old 03-10-2023, 03:15 PM

4,774 posts, read 6,571,114 times
I haven’t seen an official announcement for either the extension of the 2021 lottery nor a 2023 lottery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery