Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2023, 02:23 PM

171 posts, read 182,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
There is more info here. It’s confusing, but I’m sure we will figure it out if we put our heads together. Apparently some lotto units will be posted on the Stuy Town-Peter Cooper website every morning.

I may be misreading it, but it seems as though anyone can grab an affordable apartment off the website, as long as you meet the income requirements. Can that be true? It’s just a case of refreshing the site every morning?

https://affordable-housing.stuytown.com/faqs/
Yes, that's what it says, very odd method!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2023, 02:25 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
I can picture a thousand people trying to access the website every morning. It’s the way I used to score tickets to Hamilton.

Old 04-17-2023, 02:26 PM

198 posts, read 219,463 times
I was reading the website and it is very confusing, but I have a friend looking for a 2bdrm in Manhattan and she might qualify for this new "lottery". I sent to her the link and hopefully, she can check the website every day.

Old 04-18-2023, 03:59 PM

Anyone check this morning if they had any lottery apartments posted and their price range?

Old 04-18-2023, 04:08 PM

4,767 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Yes, I posted on the thread that was started for the new lottery. That was the only apartment I happened to see.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/new-...e-housing.html

Old 04-20-2023, 07:59 PM

345 posts, read 853,034 times
From the looks of it, the people on the lower spectrum of the salary ranges cannot afford these apartments. I don't know how management companies get away with this. It's like they're setting you up for failure.

Old 04-21-2023, 09:00 AM

143 posts, read 162,010 times
I spoke to Ms Wentt this morning. Has anyone mentioned that there have been people with higher lottery numbers already assigned apartments? And if so was it helpful or did it cause more animosity? She suggested i check back within 2 months but said I am welcome to call daily. Any strategies here? Does the squeaky wheel get the grease. We are looking for a 2 bedroom and our log number is 55xx. I think there are a few in the 8xxx that have gotten similar sized units.

Old 04-21-2023, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 531PCV View Post
I spoke to Ms Wentt this morning. Has anyone mentioned that there have been people with higher lottery numbers already assigned apartments? And if so was it helpful or did it cause more animosity? She suggested i check back within 2 months but said I am welcome to call daily. Any strategies here? Does the squeaky wheel get the grease. We are looking for a 2 bedroom and our log number is 55xx. I think there are a few in the 8xxx that have gotten similar sized units.
I brought this up many times by phone and email and don't think it made any difference. I don't think it helped or hindered the timing of my offer by discussing it with them, though I was certainly frustrated by it.

Old 04-22-2023, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeNYC View Post
I brought this up many times by phone and email and don't think it made any difference. I don't think it helped or hindered the timing of my offer by discussing it with them, though I was certainly frustrated by it.
Thanks. I am ok waiting because we have a good situation already.. The leverage I really want is get a 2 bedroom within pcv. And I know several poster have had this happen without pushing the equation.

I know they will say it’s luck of the draw but hoping I can make this more likey to occur.

Old 04-22-2023, 09:08 AM

ChloeNyc, where is your apartment and how is it working out? Btw what was your lottery number.? Thanks against for the information
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery