Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2022, 08:37 AM

118 posts, read 126,302 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I moved in yesterday in Stuytown and exhaustion is an understatement.
First thing first, I came to pick up my keys on Friday. It was my 1st time ever being in Stuytown. I just had such a great feelings, good vibes all around.
The welcome center was very adamant that I wasn’t allowed to visit my apt on Friday as my lease only started yesterday. They insisted that I should have requested with Susan. After insisting ( very kindly), they accepted and activated my key card starting Friday, so that I could enter my building and visit my unit.
I was a little bit disappointed by the size. It didn’t feel like 944 sq foot. It felt small at 1st glance.
It’s only when my furniture where in the apt yesterday and I still had room that I realized that indeed, the apt is quite big.
I am happy with everything, the kitchen is small but look nice. The finishes are nice. I wish the bathroom was a little bit bigger. As many reported before, the paint on the wall looks cheap. Overall, I am really really really happy in the apt and the area where I am.
The view from my bedroom is the highway but other rooms have a nicer view.
Thanks everyone for answering my questions, being so supportive and sharing my excitement with me. This forum is the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2022, 09:42 AM

143 posts, read 162,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
Hi Everyone,
First thing first, I came to pick up my keys on Friday. It was my 1st time ever being in Stuytown. I just had such a great feelings, good vibes all around.
The welcome center was very adamant that I wasn’t allowed to visit my apt on Friday as my lease only started yesterday. They insisted that I should have requested with Susan. After insisting ( very kindly), they accepted and activated my key card starting Friday, so that I could enter my building and visit my unit.
I was a little bit disappointed by the size. It didn’t feel like 944 sq foot. It felt small at 1st glance.
It’s only when my furniture where in the apt yesterday and I still had room that I realized that indeed, the apt is quite big.
I am happy with everything, the kitchen is small but look nice. The finishes are nice. I wish the bathroom was a little bit bigger. As many reported before, the paint on the wall looks cheap. Overall, I am really really really happy in the apt and the area where I am.
Thanks everyone for answering my questions, being so supportive and sharing my excitement with me. This forum is the best.
excellent. welcome to the complex

Old 10-09-2022, 11:18 AM

118 posts, read 126,302 times
Sorry to bother… for people who moved in Stuytown 2 bedrooms. Do you have any light in the bedrooms? I have no chandelier- no place to put a light bulb, absolutely nothing.
I have lights in the living room- hallway- kitchen… but nothing at all in the bedrooms. Before I go ahead and buy a lamp… I wanted to check with you guys. Thanks

Old 10-09-2022, 02:09 PM

171 posts, read 183,717 times
Quote:
Sorry to bother… for people who moved in Stuytown 2 bedrooms. Do you have any light in the bedrooms? I have no chandelier- no place to put a light bulb, absolutely nothing.
I have lights in the living room- hallway- kitchen… but nothing at all in the bedrooms. Before I go ahead and buy a lamp… I wanted to check with you guys. Thanks
That's how they are unfortunately, you will need lamps and/or track lighting. It's annoying that they don't have any overhead lights.

Old 10-09-2022, 05:18 PM

7 posts, read 7,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsnyc View Post
Hi everyone!

I just received my 2-bedroom offer today for Stuytown. I am log number 59XX and I was asked to submit my documents in the middle of June.

I kinda had to pester Susan a bit to have her send out the offer email, but it was worth it!!!

The lease is starting this month so my partner and I are getting packing

I would be happy to answer anyone's question as this thread has been SO helpful for me during the process. Hope you all get your offers soon too!

hey, congratulations I am log#58XX And was told today no inventory is available yet at my range of income may I ask what is the rent amount?

thanks

Old 10-10-2022, 12:04 PM

143 posts, read 162,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIRA26 View Post
hey, congratulations I am log#58XX And was told today no inventory is available yet at my range of income may I ask what is the rent amount?

thanks

This is form CATNYC's previous posting:

I'm at 245 Ave C! The rent right at the 35% mark for me. Its $1700 + $95 for the AC units. A lot of offers for 2 beds are going out right now. I was alerted by Syed on Monday 10/3 that a unit was ready for me and I just needed to wait for the leasing agent, Susan. I bothered them a little and told them that I needed to let my management know when I will need to break the lease and Susan sent over the offer pretty soon after! Hope you get some good news next week

Old 10-11-2022, 06:48 AM

199 posts, read 220,571 times
Quote:
Hi Everyone,
Yaya,
I am so glad you are settling in. I scheduled to pick up my keys one day before my lease starts and I was planning to check the apartment. Should I contact Susan?
Tania

Old 10-11-2022, 09:13 AM

46 posts, read 46,928 times
Hi all! We are doing our big move a week from today. We go in and out frequently with small stuff and are getting used to the rhythm of it. I bought a few rugs which are already down

I have a question: what is the preferred method to hang pictures on the walls in Stuytown? The walls appear to be concrete, I’d be wary of driving a nail through that.

Old 10-12-2022, 06:00 PM

171 posts, read 183,717 times
I should hopefully have some good news early next week!

Since there are so many complaints about the paint job, would it make sense to paint before moving in? Or would the new paint chip away from the old paint? My son will want his room to be blue and I'll probably want to paint the living room.

Has anyone signed up for the package service?

Old 10-12-2022, 07:36 PM

72 posts, read 76,538 times
For those signing a lease recently, is there any indication how long the apartment is guaranteed to remain rent stabilized? Thanks.

Last edited by markienyc; 10-12-2022 at 08:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery