Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2022, 08:53 AM

64 posts, read 95,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesfear View Post
For a 1 BR unit, How much will the rent offer be if you make 65k ?

I know the site says
Rent range is 1.2k-2k for income range of 41k-131k

I would say between $,1700-$1,900. Just double check the total amount they calculate on the asset form since they included other sources of income (paypal, cash app, zelle, etc.).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2022, 09:09 AM

2,069 posts, read 1,684,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesfear View Post
For a 1 BR unit, How much will the rent offer be if you make 65k ?

I know the site says
Rent range is 1.2k-2k for income range of 41k-131k
If I understand correctly. The rent is tied to each unit. This is based on rental history of rent increases of a particular unit. They don’t adjust the rent for the applicant. But they seem to try to locate a unit with a rent that is appropriate to the applicants’ household income. There seems to be a guideline that recommends the rent not exceed 35% of monthly income.

Old 08-06-2022, 06:58 PM

44 posts, read 48,432 times
We were contacted a few weeks ago and I turned in the documents.

I have been noticing comments on the student affidavits and realized that even though neither of us are students that we will need to sign affidavits to that effect.

And we have two elementary school aged kids and we are supposed to get letters from the school in the middle of the summer?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Old 08-07-2022, 08:20 AM

108 posts, read 104,098 times
What's the rent on a 2br unit if my income is 70k

Old 08-07-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjohnson55 View Post
We were contacted a few weeks ago and I turned in the documents.

I have been noticing comments on the student affidavits and realized that even though neither of us are students that we will need to sign affidavits to that effect.

And we have two elementary school aged kids and we are supposed to get letters from the school in the middle of the summer?

Can anyone shed any light on this?
We got some background from some other posters here.

EVERY adult (18+) has to fill out the student affidavit, whether they are students or not. Every one.

AND you need to get letters from the school if your kid is in middle school or elementary. Additional documents for high school that are spelled out in the checklist.

I know it's sort of obvious when you look at it closely but the wording is confusing and more than a few people have had their applications delayed because of it.

Old 08-07-2022, 01:21 PM

147 posts, read 166,123 times
Default student affidavit for anyone who needs the form

student affidavit for anyone who needs the form
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Stuytown lottery-screenshot-8-.png  

Old 08-07-2022, 03:41 PM

199 posts, read 221,995 times
Does anyone know which credit score agency ST/PCV uses? I just got an alert my credit score on Experian is low 99 points. My student loan was 90 days late (I sent the payment but they posted on the wrong account) and now my credit is 579 on Experian and 584 on Vantage. I am so upset because they are going to pull my credit this week. Does anyone know if I can fix it fast? I have rent payment history of many years (I've been in the same apartment for 8 years and I always pay on time)

Old 08-07-2022, 03:48 PM

There was someone who went through this on this thread somewhat recently. I don't have time to find it, but it did get sorted...

Old 08-07-2022, 05:53 PM

345 posts, read 855,219 times
Has anyone received any information from the people who they are in contact with at Stuytown; if any of the apartment offers are being rejected due to rent prices being too high for a particular renter?

Old 08-07-2022, 05:53 PM

76 posts, read 121,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Does anyone know which credit score agency ST/PCV uses? I just got an alert my credit score on Experian is low 99 points. My student loan was 90 days late (I sent the payment but they posted on the wrong account) and now my credit is 579 on Experian and 584 on Vantage. I am so upset because they are going to pull my credit this week. Does anyone know if I can fix it fast? I have rent payment history of many years (I've been in the same apartment for 8 years and I always pay on time)
To be honest I have no clue ! The company they use is Obligo to verify and I have signed my lease and I have yet to be notified that my credit was pulled yet I have alerts on !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery