Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2022, 07:55 PM

36 posts, read 42,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeNYC View Post
Congrats, that's great news! I haven't been checking here as much since I have gotten so discouraged. Where in the complex are you moving?!

Also, does anyone know if they still follow the 2020 AMI to qualify, or do they follow the 2021 or 2022 numbers now?
Going by 2022 numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 07:58 PM

36 posts, read 42,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstardanc2007 View Post
For anyone waiting for a 1-bedroom, I spoke with the lottery office today and the news isn't great. There is currently no inventory, and there is no estimate for when more will become available. Could be tomorrow, could be months from now. Looks like we're going to need to wear our patient pants for awhile longer!

For reference, I am log 15xx and had originally been asked for paperwork last October, was asked to resubmit my paperwork at the beginning of July, was asked if I had any pets in mid-July, and was informed that my application was ready for final processing last week. It was confirmed for me today that I'm at the top of the list for an apartment once they become available again, there just aren't any available.

So the wait continues. It's crazy how differently the 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom lists are moving!
I am log #26xx and also waiting for a 1bed. I receive an email from Syed on 7/6 stating to check back end of august for another update. Spoke to Ms. Went today, who also stated the same info .. low inventory for 1 beds .. and there’s no pending date that they expect 1 beds to become available. I asked what are the chances that I will receive an offer before the lottery ends, and she said she didn’t know.

I think you will get an offer .. but it seems like they won’t get to my log number before 1 beds run out and lottery ends.

Please do keep us posted!

Old 08-05-2022, 09:03 AM

199 posts, read 220,377 times
Log #34xx - 2 bdrm
One more phone call and a little glimpse of hope. Syed told me my name is on their board and Ms. Pryce is working on my file today. I am on a first-name basis with them, because he remembers every time I call. I don't know if this is a good or bad sign. Hopefully, she will finish my file today.....

Old 08-05-2022, 09:43 AM

143 posts, read 162,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
Log #34xx - 2 bdrm
One more phone call and a little glimpse of hope. Syed told me my name is on their board and Ms. Pryce is working on my file today. I am on a first-name basis with them, because he remembers every time I call. I don't know if this is a good or bad sign. Hopefully, she will finish my file today.....
Good Luck TPNYC, with your relatively low (for 2 bdrm) you should be well on your way. I don't recall but were you looking for a sub $2k rent. it it is very strange how someone with higher log numbers are getting apartments ahead of others.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:08 AM

76 posts, read 120,865 times
Quote:
Log #34xx - 2 bdrm
That all sounds like good news!! Rooting for you to get an offer next!!

Old 08-05-2022, 11:45 AM

118 posts, read 126,281 times
Quote:
Log #34xx - 2 bdrm
Yay!!! Hopefully you will have your offer next week.

Old 08-05-2022, 12:01 PM

16 posts, read 16,163 times
Hi! Was wondering if anyone has Ms. Vance? my log # 83xx. Was she responsive?Thanks!

Old 08-05-2022, 04:28 PM

199 posts, read 220,377 times
Log #34xx - 2bdr
Today Ms. Pryce finally finalized my process and I got the final email from her. It was nerve wracking until the last minute. After I spoke with SyedI had to leave work after lunch because I had an appointment downtown. Off course Ms. Pryce calls me fro her direct line and I was on the subway. She leaves me 2 vm asking about my son´s birth certificate. I was all the way at Bowling Green heading to the Natural History Museum (so it was a loooong ride).
I got the train, my phone battery was 45% and she also sent me an email in the meantime asking to review some cash deposits and if I have a pet. I called her direct line and she was super kind but I was freaking out.
I frantically downloaded Word for Iphone to sign and explain the cash deposits. I had to dig from ma gmail my son´s birth certificate but in 20min I was sending all the files. I was outside in front of the museum sweating and typing. I called her again to reassure she got my email but she didn´t answer......So at 345pm I got her final email!!!!

Good Evening
I have completed my review of your file. Everything appears great. There are a few details I would like to go over. They are as follows:
Rent Rage for Two Bedroom - $1,400-$2,600
- Utilities are included in your monthly rent (ie. electric & gas)
- Only additional monthly cost is A/C fee, Air Conditioning units are standard in each unit, you are not allowed to bring your own. The monthly fee currently is $27.16 per unit, there are 3 units in a 2-bedroom apartment. $27.16 x 3 = $81.48.
I am submitting your file for Final Review today. If you are qualified, you will receive an email with an apartment offer. Please respond as per email instructions.
It has been my pleasure assisting you with this process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Now my last hurdle is the price. I am looking for an unit for less than $2,100. I am hoping for the best.

My timeline

03/31/2022 - first email asking for documents
04/06/2022 - sent all my documents and got automatic response
04/28/2022 - got email asking if I am still interested and how many bedrooms
06/23/2022 - got email disqualifying me because I didn't choose the unit size
06/23/2022 - called Ms. Pryce (1st time talking to her) and she acknowledges it was a mistake and reinstate my case
06/24/2022 - sent updated documents and MY student affidavit stating I am not a student I missed the first time
08/02/2022 - sent new 401k statement, new savings account statement
08/04/2022 - sent new school letter for my son (it was over 120 days)
08/05/2022 - got the last email from Ms. Pryce

Old 08-05-2022, 05:10 PM

16 posts, read 16,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
These apartments are rent stabilized and will go up every year depending on what the rent stabilization board determines. My rent will increase 3.25% in October.
Quote:
Log #34xx - 2bdr
Today Ms. Pryce finally finalized my process and I got the final email from her. It was nerve wracking until the last minute. After I spoke with SyedI had to leave work after lunch because I had an appointment downtown. Off course Ms. Pryce calls me fro her direct line and I was on the subway. She leaves me 2 vm asking about my son´s birth certificate. I was all the way at Bowling Green heading to the Natural History Museum (so it was a loooong ride).
I got the train, my phone battery was 45% and she also sent me an email in the meantime asking to review some cash deposits and if I have a pet. I called her direct line and she was super kind but I was freaking out.
I frantically downloaded Word for Iphone to sign and explain the cash deposits. I had to dig from ma gmail my son´s birth certificate but in 20min I was sending all the files. I was outside in front of the museum sweating and typing. I called her again to reassure she got my email but she didn´t answer......So at 345pm I got her final email!!!!

Good Evening
I have completed my review of your file. Everything appears great. There are a few details I would like to go over. They are as follows:
Rent Rage for Two Bedroom - $1,400-$2,600
- Utilities are included in your monthly rent (ie. electric & gas)
- Only additional monthly cost is A/C fee, Air Conditioning units are standard in each unit, you are not allowed to bring your own. The monthly fee currently is $27.16 per unit, there are 3 units in a 2-bedroom apartment. $27.16 x 3 = $81.48.
I am submitting your file for Final Review today. If you are qualified, you will receive an email with an apartment offer. Please respond as per email instructions.
It has been my pleasure assisting you with this process. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Now my last hurdle is the price. I am looking for an unit for less than $2,100. I am hoping for the best.

My timeline

03/31/2022 - first email asking for documents
04/06/2022 - sent all my documents and got automatic response
04/28/2022 - got email asking if I am still interested and how many bedrooms
06/23/2022 - got email disqualifying me because I didn't choose the unit size
06/23/2022 - called Ms. Pryce (1st time talking to her) and she acknowledges it was a mistake and reinstate my case
06/24/2022 - sent updated documents and MY student affidavit stating I am not a student I missed the first time
08/02/2022 - sent new 401k statement, new savings account statement
08/04/2022 - sent new school letter for my son (it was over 120 days)
08/05/2022 - got the last email from Ms. Pryce

Wow, you're almost there TPNYC! I'm confident you will get an offer next week for sure! Good luck!

Old 08-05-2022, 05:18 PM

4,774 posts, read 6,571,114 times
Wow, this is so exciting, it should be a reality TV show! Or maybe it’s too much reality.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery