Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 10:19 AM

125 posts, read 210,348 times

Advertisements

I just dont like the no communication. Like I said earlier in the thread I was in the 2018 lottery. Requested to turn in documents earlier this year. Turned everything in within two days. Then radio silence. Left numerous voicemails and emailed and nobody ever has gotten back to me. A simple reply to an email or VM would be nice. But I guess thats not their forte
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 11:10 AM

64 posts, read 95,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavi View Post
Hi! Yes I submitted all my documents they had asked for. My log number is 3# and I had received an email from them ( asking for documents) first week of May. I haven’t received any additional info from them regarding units available or rent. That’s why was wondering how long they take to review documents and get back with a response.
When you submitted all your documents, did you get a return email saying "Your Request has been logged in ServicePRO, reference # ?"

Old 06-02-2021, 11:46 AM

28 posts, read 49,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmmrivs View Post
When you submitted all your documents, did you get a return email saying "Your Request has been logged in ServicePRO, reference # ?"
Yes I did - that is an automated response though

Last edited by bavi; 06-02-2021 at 11:55 AM..

Old 06-02-2021, 12:48 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,840,418 times
I'm afraid I don't remember exactly but it was a few months after I got the initial email from them which was in March 2018, sorry.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you recall how long they took to respond? I submitted my documents and am anxiously waiting for some sort of response. My current lease will also be up for renewal in 2 months so I really hope they get back to me before that happens !

Old 06-02-2021, 02:59 PM

269 posts, read 334,999 times
Thanks everyone for sharing your wisdom and perspective. It does help to not feel so lost in this process. I guess it's like baseball..."It's a long season and you have to trust it."

I did get the automated reply as well. It was April 30th.

Old 06-02-2021, 03:20 PM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
I don't know if any of you are in the ST area, but every Thursday from 5 to 6 p.m., the managers meet with residents in the "Oval Office," which is a tent pitched near the Oval fountain. There you can speak directly with people who should have answers to your questions. And I would certainly complain if I had submitted documents and didn't hear back! Also, for those of you with low log numbers, it's a chance to see Stuy Town for yourself before you have to make the decision to accept the apartment or not.

If you scroll down, you will see Oval Office listed. I guess it doesn't take place in bad weather.

https://www.stuytown.com/events

Old 06-02-2021, 07:54 PM

173 posts, read 147,271 times
Does anyone know what they're asking for with the Household Composition question? It's just me, so I'm not exactly sure if I need to prove my household composition. Seems redundant to provide any further documents over what's already being included since I'm the only one in the household.

Edit: do they also want statements for bank accounts that are essentially inactive? (ex. no balance for the last few months)

Old 06-02-2021, 08:33 PM

28 posts, read 49,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post
Does anyone know what they're asking for with the Household Composition question? It's just me, so I'm not exactly sure if I need to prove my household composition. Seems redundant to provide any further documents over what's already being included since I'm the only one in the household.

Edit: do they also want statements for bank accounts that are essentially inactive? (ex. no balance for the last few months)

The household composition question mentioned 'all household members', since its just me so I put my name and for document I put Birth certificate - and sent my birth certificate as a supporting document for this question.

If I were you, I would just send all bank statements for all open accounts.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:24 PM

173 posts, read 147,271 times
Quote:
The household composition question mentioned 'all household members', since its just me so I put my name and for document I put Birth certificate - and sent my birth certificate as a supporting document for this question.

If I were you, I would just send all bank statements for all open accounts.
Thanks! Appreciate the perspective

I was thinking the birth certificate, since it's the only thing I have, but even then it seems so unnecessary since they're literally asking for everything else in my life haha

Old 06-03-2021, 07:54 AM

4,776 posts, read 6,573,986 times
Also, in general, if anyone has any bank accounts that you basically don't use, it's best to close them and get a receipt from the bank. It just makes supplying documents that much easier. I have two accounts I've been meaning to close, and I keep putting it off!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 06-03-2021 at 08:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery