Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2021, 08:48 PM

52 posts, read 64,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuseorange17 View Post
When you say very few, about how many, I am going for a one bedroom my number is under 300, and im pretty sure I'm in the lower income bracket. I sent in my paperwork but i am hoping i have a shot.
lol only in nyc is ~60k a year 'lower income bracket' but same
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2021, 09:37 PM

28 posts, read 49,789 times
Hi there, I saw few concerns about breaking existing leases, so sharing my experience. I moved into the lottery apartment last week, and so had to break my lease 2 months early. I had an open conversation with my landlord (management company) and explained the reason why I wanted to leave early and on such a short notice. They were actually very receptive and let me break the lease without any penalty. Maybe talking to the landlords in advance regarding your options could be a good strategy imo.

Old 07-24-2021, 01:22 PM

64 posts, read 95,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavi View Post
Hi there, I saw few concerns about breaking existing leases, so sharing my experience. I moved into the lottery apartment last week, and so had to break my lease 2 months early. I had an open conversation with my landlord (management company) and explained the reason why I wanted to leave early and on such a short notice. They were actually very receptive and let me break the lease without any penalty. Maybe talking to the landlords in advance regarding your options could be a good strategy imo.
Great to see that someone has moved into a 2021 lottery apartment? How are you liking it so far? Did the actual unit resemble the images sent?

Old 07-24-2021, 08:18 PM

54 posts, read 66,218 times
Can I ask what specific documents they are requesting? I would like to have everything together ahead of time. I hope they contact you soon!!

Old 07-24-2021, 09:05 PM

4,768 posts, read 6,555,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycwalker View Post
Can I ask what specific documents they are requesting? I would like to have everything together ahead of time. I hope they contact you soon!!
A previous post in this thread had the list of documents.

Old 07-25-2021, 02:06 AM

Thank you the thread is 62 pages. I was hoping someone would kindly share.

Old 07-25-2021, 06:30 AM

52 posts, read 63,611 times
Default checlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nycwalker View Post
Thank you the thread is 62 pages. I was hoping someone would kindly share.
CHECK LIST***

its on page #46 in a google link

Last edited by Akeita89; 07-25-2021 at 07:30 AM..

Old 07-25-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeita89 View Post
CHECK LIST***

its on page #46 in a google link
You are a gem thank you thank you!

Old 07-26-2021, 09:44 AM

173 posts, read 147,075 times
Received rejection email today saying I did not submit all my documents on time, which is false.

They followed-up for docs and I had sent everything they requested and never heard back. I even followed-up two weeks ago and still did not hear anything. Honestly, management there sounds incompetent. Going to appeal and see what happens, but I'm pretty sure they'll just ignore my email.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:49 AM

56 posts, read 59,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post
Received rejection email today saying I did not submit all my documents on time, which is false.

They followed-up for docs and I had sent everything they requested and never heard back. I even followed-up two weeks ago and still did not hear anything. Honestly, management there sounds incompetent. Going to appeal and see what happens, but I'm pretty sure they'll just ignore my email.
I am sorry that this happened, i got some luck emailing stuytownlotteryquestions@stuytown.com -- try to reach out to that email address about this. What was ur log number?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery