Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2022, 06:43 PM

171 posts, read 184,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post
Well well well after what felt like forever your boy has an offer!! I am beyond excited. Its all the way on Avenue C but I dont even care man. Anybody know the deadline for turning in the money part? I know they want the lease signed in 5 business days but do they give time to turn the money in? I'm looking for that info in the emails.
Fantastic news! I know people living on Avenue C and like it, nice and quiet. They face the east river, have a great view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2022, 07:00 PM

151 posts, read 134,984 times
Quote:
Well well well after what felt like forever your boy has an offer!! I am beyond excited. Its all the way on Avenue C but I dont even care man. Anybody know the deadline for turning in the money part? I know they want the lease signed in 5 business days but do they give time to turn the money in? I'm looking for that info in the emails.
Congratulations!! What was your log number?

Old 06-28-2022, 08:58 PM

240 posts, read 322,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeNYC View Post
Fantastic news! I know people living on Avenue C and like it, nice and quiet. They face the east river, have a great view.
Yes, it's very quiet compared to 1st Ave or Ave A or B. Street parking is a little easier too, though, I got spots on 14th street loop Friday, left Sunday and came back Sunday and got a space right near the previous one a few hours later!

Old 06-29-2022, 06:19 AM

151 posts, read 134,984 times
I called Ms. Pryce the other day and she assured me that I would get an offer eventually. She said it’s not that they don’t have the apartments, it’s that they need to be renovated. My log number is 56xx and my application is currently on hold. I don’t see how any of that is true if people with logs 15xx haven’t even gotten an offer AND that doesn’t include past lotteries. But that is what she said! Who knows!

Old 06-29-2022, 06:28 AM

23 posts, read 27,223 times
Quote:
I don't think they explicitly had a time limit for the payment but once you sign your lease and your payment has been verified, they'll send you links to start the moving process (ie: pick up keys, reserving elevators etc). It makes sense to submit it all together! I submitted everything on the same day, I was too excited/relieved to not have to look for a place in this market!
CONGRATS!!!!!

Old 06-29-2022, 07:26 AM

125 posts, read 210,505 times
Thank you all! This has been ... a process to put it lightly lol. But I am very happy and excited. Been wanting to move for the last few months. My current location has become very ... sketchy lets put it like that haha. I absolutely loathe moving so HOPEFULLY this is one of the last times I have to do it.

For reference my log # is 10XX from the previous lottery.

Old 06-29-2022, 07:48 AM

110 posts, read 213,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeNYC View Post
I was wondering about this because what about the FDR? Isn't that loud?? The views would be great though.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:12 AM

171 posts, read 184,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readysteady View Post
I was wondering about this because what about the FDR? Isn't that loud?? The views would be great though.
They're on 16th street, I think it's nosier on the 18th-20st stretch right next to the FDR.

Old 06-29-2022, 08:22 AM

4,777 posts, read 6,581,779 times
I want to congratulate all the lucky winners moving in or on the wait list!

It's a lovely time of year to be arriving, with the flowers in bloom and residents enjoying events on the Oval, picnicking with friends there, or just relaxing.

I am helping a young friend try to find a new apartment in the neighborhood, and the prices are insane. Plus, the units are market rate, so chances are there will be a hefty increase at the end of the lease.

So to get a well-maintained, renovated apartment with a reasonable rent, good location—plus rent stabilization—is such a boon, and a rarity in today's competitive market.

I hope you enjoy living in Stuy Town/PCV, and let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 06-29-2022 at 08:35 AM..

Old 06-29-2022, 09:51 AM

106 posts, read 178,281 times
I saw this article this morning about ST/PCV. Many interesting things I didn’t know before! Apologies if it’s already been shared and I missed it.

https://untappedcities.com/2022/06/2...eid=450f3efb6d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery