Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2022, 11:44 AM

118 posts, read 127,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastcookie View Post
They'll give you an offer for the apartment (you cannot choose another one, it's either that or nothing) and they'll give you 5 days to respond if you accept it or not (they prefer you answer within 2 days). They also ask for a lease start date which has to be within 30 days of the offer and if you want 12 or 24 month lease. Once you give them that info, they'll send you the lease to sign via docsign and links to make a payment for 1st month + security.

The offer email will contain the building address and unit + monthly rent. They'll send you a floor plan and a virtual tour of a similar unit. The floor plan they sent me wasn't 100% accurate but it was close enough, the virtual tour is mainly to show what the finishes look like (ie: kitchen cabinets, etc). You'll get some other info after signing the lease.
@ thelastcookie- did you get a 2 bedroom? If so, would you mind sharing the floor plan ( if you can remove personal details of course). I am curious to see what a 2 bedroom looks like for the lottery.
I saw on YouTube couple of Stuytown 2 bedrooms, but the finishes seemed too good to be true for the lottery.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2022, 03:57 PM

65 posts, read 73,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya24 View Post
@ thelastcookie- did you get a 2 bedroom? If so, would you mind sharing the floor plan ( if you can remove personal details of course). I am curious to see what a 2 bedroom looks like for the lottery.
I saw on YouTube couple of Stuytown 2 bedrooms, but the finishes seemed too good to be true for the lottery.
Thanks
This virtual tour of a lottery 2 bedroom was posted awhile back in this thread. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=c8pLEuJPGrF

Old 07-01-2022, 06:37 PM

125 posts, read 211,164 times
This week has zoomed by. From nothing for months and months to now having the lease signed, deposits paid and having a scheduled move in and key pick up. All within three days wow. My excitement levels are still very high.

Anybody who either lives there or has knowledge of the buildings whats the layout? I have an apartment with a singular number and a letter. Does that number denote the floor its going to be on? Or because its only one digit does that mean it would be floor one? Also what are the M and T levels ?

Old 07-01-2022, 06:58 PM

171 posts, read 185,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post
This week has zoomed by. From nothing for months and months to now having the lease signed, deposits paid and having a scheduled move in and key pick up. All within three days wow. My excitement levels are still very high.

Anybody who either lives there or has knowledge of the buildings whats the layout? I have an apartment with a singular number and a letter. Does that number denote the floor its going to be on? Or because its only one digit does that mean it would be floor one? Also what are the M and T levels ?
T is terrace and M is main floor. T is the ground floor and M is one floor up (but may seem also like ground level depending which way you face). The number is the floor and the letter which apartment on that floor.

Old 07-01-2022, 06:59 PM

171 posts, read 185,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdsimmons View Post

Very exciting, you'll be moved in shortly!

Old 07-01-2022, 07:09 PM

4,792 posts, read 6,623,234 times
Gdsimmons, if you want, you can message me and I will help you interpret it. The information Chloe posted is correct.

But yes, if you have a singular number and a letter, such as 3E, you will be on the third floor in the E line. If you have ME, you will be on the Main floor, in the E line (as Chloe explained).

Old 07-01-2022, 08:55 PM

125 posts, read 211,164 times
Thank you both. I may hit you both up in the private messages just for all the low down and everything on Stuytown. Share anything and everything you may think I need to know. I welcome any information haha.

Old 07-01-2022, 11:28 PM

81 posts, read 89,920 times
Default Received a letter!

Log #1672 - one bedroom, just received the "reprocess your application" letter!

Here we go..not gonna lie I'm excited, but also a bit sad to learn of a mugging with the suspects walking into Stuy Town post on FB 7 hours ago! https://www.facebook.com/groups/358760671689

RA

Old 07-02-2022, 04:45 AM

76 posts, read 121,893 times
Hello everyone,
Thank you for the invaluable information in this forum! You have literally made this process less mysterious and a little easier.

Log 6XXX

6/14 - received request to submit documents - Qualify for a 2 or 3 bedroom. Decided to go for a 2 bedroom as I was told 3 bedroom may take several months
6/23 - submitted all documents
6/27 - had to resubmit some documents
6/28 - informed that final review was conducted and that I should hear from leasing before mid July. I was told from the beginning of the process that inventory should clear up for 2 bedroom in July by the way.

My lease end on 7/30, I am really crossing my fingers for a miracle but staying hopeful. My process has been super smooth so far thankfully.

Old 07-02-2022, 07:39 AM

147 posts, read 166,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Family0609 View Post
Hello everyone,
Thank you for the invaluable information in this forum! You have literally made this process less mysterious and a little easier.

Log 6XXX

6/14 - received request to submit documents - Qualify for a 2 or 3 bedroom. Decided to go for a 2 bedroom as I was told 3 bedroom may take several months
6/23 - submitted all documents
6/27 - had to resubmit some documents
6/28 - informed that final review was conducted and that I should hear from leasing before mid July. I was told from the beginning of the process that inventory should clear up for 2 bedroom in July by the way.

My lease end on 7/30, I am really crossing my fingers for a miracle but staying hopeful. My process has been super smooth so far thankfully.
Congrats, interesting how high your number is. this seems to indicate that 1 bdr are in a sperate universe compared to the the 2 & 3 bdrs. Also that many people must decline answering the initial email. still curious about how some people are told to submit docs and others simply to indicate which size they are interested in.

can you please share how you are getting the information, "informed that final review was conducted" and
"from the beginning of the process that inventory should clear up for 2 bedroom in July" ? Did you speak with them, if so did they call you? or was it by email?

this whole process seems to have mysteries and certain inconsistencies, like others waiting extended times after submitting docs and getting offered apartments. This seems especially true in 1 bdr land but maybe in 2 bdr land as well.

How many others are waiting for 2 bdrs and how long since you submitted docs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery