Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2022, 05:59 PM

111 posts, read 142,340 times

Advertisements

I received an offer today for a one bedroom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2022, 07:49 PM

44 posts, read 42,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GriefOneNYC View Post
congrats!!!! did they call or email you

Old 06-27-2022, 08:16 PM

111 posts, read 142,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parchmentnyc View Post
congrats!!!! did they call or email you
Thanks! It was an email.

Old 06-27-2022, 09:20 PM

151 posts, read 135,353 times
Congrats ! What was your log number?

Old 06-27-2022, 09:48 PM

171 posts, read 184,810 times
Quote:
Congrats! This is an offer for the 2018 or 2021 lottery?

Old 06-27-2022, 11:30 PM

125 posts, read 210,801 times
Quote:
Congratulations! Is the rent affordable for you? Any news on a timeline?

I gotta call these people in the morning.

Old 06-28-2022, 07:55 AM

6 posts, read 6,498 times
List #5124 applied for 1 bedroom. Received email on 6/1 that they were ready to process my application. Submitted all documentation. Did not hear from anyone. Reached out by email on 6/23 to confirm receipt of documents. Was told that my documents had not been received but that I could resubmit. The email indicated that they are low on 1 bedroom inventory but if I wanted to add a spouse, domestic partner or child I could switch to a 2 bedroom. That is not the case for me so I resubmitted all my documents for a 1 bedroom along with proof of the original email that I had sent. I asked for confirmation of receipt of documents and if they had any timeframe for 1 bedroom apartments becoming available. I got a response that my documentation had been received. They could not answer when 1 bedrooms would be available but that I should check back at the end of August. I'm not sure why they are reaching out to process applications when they don't have available apartments. It would be great to know what number they are up to for those offered 1 bedrooms so we could have some sort of a timeline. Any information would be helpful. Thank you!

Old 06-28-2022, 02:44 PM

65 posts, read 73,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfam5 View Post
List #5124 applied for 1 bedroom. Received email on 6/1 that they were ready to process my application. Submitted all documentation. Did not hear from anyone. Reached out by email on 6/23 to confirm receipt of documents. Was told that my documents had not been received but that I could resubmit. The email indicated that they are low on 1 bedroom inventory but if I wanted to add a spouse, domestic partner or child I could switch to a 2 bedroom. That is not the case for me so I resubmitted all my documents for a 1 bedroom along with proof of the original email that I had sent. I asked for confirmation of receipt of documents and if they had any timeframe for 1 bedroom apartments becoming available. I got a response that my documentation had been received. They could not answer when 1 bedrooms would be available but that I should check back at the end of August. I'm not sure why they are reaching out to process applications when they don't have available apartments. It would be great to know what number they are up to for those offered 1 bedrooms so we could have some sort of a timeline. Any information would be helpful. Thank you!
I'm log 15xx. Was asked for paperwork in October. Still waiting on a 1 bedroom. They keep telling me to check back in July...

Old 06-28-2022, 03:41 PM

6 posts, read 6,498 times
Oh wow! Not the best news but thank you for responding!

Old 06-28-2022, 04:09 PM

125 posts, read 210,801 times
Well well well after what felt like forever your boy has an offer!! I am beyond excited. Its all the way on Avenue C but I dont even care man. Anybody know the deadline for turning in the money part? I know they want the lease signed in 5 business days but do they give time to turn the money in? I'm looking for that info in the emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery