Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 03:10 PM

8 posts, read 10,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Congrats!!

Others here will answer your question, but in the meantime I recommend you skim this thread to get an idea of what to expect. What is your approximate log number?
I was just over 1,000. And I actually read back and I saw in the past couple of days people did answer that It seems to take about a month.

I sent everything that they asked for as separate attachments. I'm hoping that that is the best way as I wanted to make sure that I didn't just send a random zip file. Gosh in the end they were like 15 attachments lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 10:12 PM

28 posts, read 49,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_Porter89 View Post
On the student status page, do I need to get a notary? No one on the application is a student
Yes still need to submit a notarized form - just put no for student. I had left it out in my original submission and they asked for it when they were reviewing my paperwork.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palpable View Post
I'll also vouch for this other email address. Received a response a few hours after I sent my email saying they did not receive my documents / attachment follow-up, even though it was definitely sent. Maybe some error in the system. Sounds like they're going to let me update my file still... fingers crossed

I had received this exact rejection too during the initial stages, but I swamped them with phone calls and emails - I actually also printed all documents from my original submission with a rebuttal and FedEx'd (maybe I went overboard ) - but I did hear back from them with a confirmation within a couple of days.

Based on my experience, just make sure all documents in your original submission are pdfs (even photos which are usually jpgs or pngs) and unzipped.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettherebejames View Post
I was just over 1,000. And I actually read back and I saw in the past couple of days people did answer that It seems to take about a month.

I sent everything that they asked for as separate attachments. I'm hoping that that is the best way as I wanted to make sure that I didn't just send a random zip file. Gosh in the end they were like 15 attachments lol
I think that is the right way to go - based on my experience, do not send zipped file/folder - they will ask to re-submit everything as unzipped files , all as PDFs - a back and forth that led to unnecessary delay in my app processing. Good luck!

Old 07-30-2021, 05:03 AM

182 posts, read 314,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavi View Post
Yes still need to submit a notarized form - just put no for student. I had left it out in my original submission and they asked for it when they were reviewing my paperwork.
Thanks. What do I need to write on the notarized letter?

Old 07-30-2021, 06:24 AM

8 posts, read 13,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_Porter89 View Post
Thanks. What do I need to write on the notarized letter?
Nothing, just fill out the form provided on the application checklist. Check that you are neither a full-time or part-time student and have a notary stamp it.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:18 AM

42 posts, read 57,275 times
Quote:
I had received this exact rejection too during the initial stages, but I swamped them with phone calls and emails - I actually also printed all documents from my original submission with a rebuttal and FedEx'd (maybe I went overboard ) - but I did hear back from them with a confirmation within a couple of days.

Based on my experience, just make sure all documents in your original submission are pdfs (even photos which are usually jpgs or pngs) and unzipped.
bavi, do you remember how long exactly it took you to hear back? I got a rejection email on Monday, emailed the stuytownlotteryquestions address on Tuesday and Wednesday, and submitted an appeal (a letter + screenshots of my original submission email + all my original documents reattached) on Wednesday. I haven't heard anything since then...should I be worried? I'm nervous since today is the last day for me to file an appeal--do people think that there is more I should be doing? I'm reluctant to do FedEx unless it's really necessary since that's a lot of extra time and expense on my end.

Old 07-30-2021, 11:32 AM

8 posts, read 11,501 times
Hi all! I have a log number <100 and sent in documents towards the end of May. Got an email in June requesting me to re-send some of the documents since they couldn't open them. Haven't heard anything since. Does anyone who already received an offer for an apartment remember if they had to re-submit the student status page if it wasn't notarized when you initially submitted it? They mentioned in the application we could submit it without notarizing it to begin with, so we did. Will we need to re-submit a notarized copy?

Old 07-30-2021, 12:07 PM

173 posts, read 147,196 times
Quote:

I think I did had one thing, which was a screenshot, because it was a unique situation where I couldn't get an actual PDF, but maybe just need to make the extra effort to convert it.

Thanks for the tips!

Old 07-31-2021, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacritousalpaca View Post
bavi, do you remember how long exactly it took you to hear back? I got a rejection email on Monday, emailed the stuytownlotteryquestions address on Tuesday and Wednesday, and submitted an appeal (a letter + screenshots of my original submission email + all my original documents reattached) on Wednesday. I haven't heard anything since then...should I be worried? I'm nervous since today is the last day for me to file an appeal--do people think that there is more I should be doing? I'm reluctant to do FedEx unless it's really necessary since that's a lot of extra time and expense on my end.
Hi ! So looking back again at the dates - I had sent rebuttal as both email and mail (printed docs with overnight FedEx) - I received a confirmation email from the Stuytown lottery folks the very next day noon. It was a couple of hours after my fedex package was showing as delivered - so TBH not sure if they were responding due to my email or my doc mail package.
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery