Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2022, 07:47 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,843,536 times

Advertisements

Hi, hopefully Digital Nomad is checking this thread & able to answer your questions as he is a 5P resident now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondHands View Post
Hi guys! question for those who have moved in or viewed recently.

Im 7xxx and recently was able to view 2 units only where where the xx24 and xx26 units which were around 500-520 sq ft. did any of you guys select this apartment as well? it looks really small in my opinion and can you still hear noise from the train?

they were also apartment with no w/d which was the best setup. is the communal laundry room ever full?

and lastly does anyone know what floor can hear the train? i was also offered one on 12th floor south building and was unsure if the noise would be terrible as there was no train passing by.

Is there a difference between north and south tower?

I also have a car and was wondering if anyone knows about the parking situation there. i saw there’s a garage but not sure if it’s full at this time and what the fee is!

@Digital Nomad
@goku23
@someoneinqueens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 08:56 AM

325 posts, read 394,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinNYC View Post
Hi! Congrats on this! So, I am hopeful about the Bell Slip coming up but there are zero floorplans online anywhere. Any chance you have a floorplan of the place you won so I can kind of get an idea of what these developers might be doing with Bell Slip, as well?
Thank you! I do have my floor plan - I just don't know how to upload it - any suggestions?

Old 04-03-2022, 09:27 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,843,536 times
Upload it on https://imgur.com/ then share the link in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by janexstasy View Post
Thank you! I do have my floor plan - I just don't know how to upload it - any suggestions?

Old 04-03-2022, 09:39 AM

453 posts, read 499,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janexstasy View Post
Yes, imgur.com, upload the pic and then share the link here would be the easy way. Thank you!

Old 04-03-2022, 04:08 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,899,781 times
some of these units are smaaaaall ooooooou weee, but I like 5 pointz more than 425 GC

Old 04-04-2022, 07:13 AM

19 posts, read 14,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondHands View Post
Hi guys! question for those who have moved in or viewed recently.

Im 7xxx and recently was able to view 2 units only where where the xx24 and xx26 units which were around 500-520 sq ft. did any of you guys select this apartment as well? it looks really small in my opinion and can you still hear noise from the train?

they were also apartment with no w/d which was the best setup. is the communal laundry room ever full?

and lastly does anyone know what floor can hear the train? i was also offered one on 12th floor south building and was unsure if the noise would be terrible as there was no train passing by.

Is there a difference between north and south tower?

I also have a car and was wondering if anyone knows about the parking situation there. i saw there’s a garage but not sure if it’s full at this time and what the fee is!

@Digital Nomad
@goku23
@someoneinqueens

I believe my studio is around 500sq ft and I thought it was teeny when I was viewing it but once I decorated it with furniture it actually feels pretty spacious. I did have to downsize to a twin size bed though lol.

I do have w/d in my unit but I use the communal laundry room to wash my blankets. It's empty whenever I go down there, maybe one other resident and that's it.

I'm on a lower floor in the south tower and do not hear the 7 train at all.

The parking garage literally just opened last week or so, and it's $400/month with tax and fees included. I've just been leaving my car at my mom's place - I haven't even bothered trying to find street parking, but I'm guessing you can find some spots if you time it right.

Old 04-04-2022, 11:00 AM

8 posts, read 5,026 times
I got called for these apartments way back in December(a studio), went and viewed it with a friend of mine and saw SMALL they were; decided I wasn't about to pay for what is the stereotypical NYC apartment(but not really because this isn't Manhattan). I never responded to the placement email and they still haven't rejected me in housing connect. I went to another viewing at 276 Grand Concourse(studios are so much bigger but it's the Bronx) and the leasing agent there told me that 5 pointz has been trying to rent out all their places for over a year. Looking at the size of the apartments I get it and now know why they haven't rejected yet when other companies reject within days of no response.

Old 04-04-2022, 12:07 PM

60 posts, read 52,304 times
Im in the North Building and checked out some 1bd on the 21st floor. Still could hear the 7 Train there. The building has alot of random issues which is a result of shoddy construction imo.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:28 PM

71 posts, read 65,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailieann View Post
I got called for these apartments way back in December(a studio), went and viewed it with a friend of mine and saw SMALL they were; decided I wasn't about to pay for what is the stereotypical NYC apartment(but not really because this isn't Manhattan). I never responded to the placement email and they still haven't rejected me in housing connect. I went to another viewing at 276 Grand Concourse(studios are so much bigger but it's the Bronx) and the leasing agent there told me that 5 pointz has been trying to rent out all their places for over a year. Looking at the size of the apartments I get it and now know why they haven't rejected yet when other companies reject within days of no response.

Hi, I'm 12XXX and still patiently waiting my number to be called, which Neil said should be June or July. I already live in LIC/Hunter's Point and the 35 years of rent stabilization and getting to stay in this neighborhood will forgive a lot of flaws with this building for me at least. I'm in a great building now, but it's only stabilized through 2030 at the longest.

Old 04-04-2022, 06:52 PM

27 posts, read 20,965 times
@LIC_Lyfe I went to go see them recently and there are only 2 style of 1bd left which is the line 24 and 26 apartments that are about 506-527 sq ft. I didn't proceed as that is way too small in my opinion!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery