Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 07:34 AM

580 posts, read 729,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post
Anyone lives here yet? if so what are your electric costs like (if you don't mind)
Quote:
Originally Posted by someoneinqueens View Post
I understand Digital Nomad moved into 5Pointz a couple of months ago.
What's up haha. Electric is alright so far. Was around ~$50, but it depends on your usage. It's the only utility charge and it gets added to your rent.

So far place is excellent. It's not perfect and yes there's some annoyances (e.g. the paint jobs could've been better), but maintenance calls are all free and you can have them fix whatever you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 08:15 AM

71 posts, read 65,010 times
Thank you for this post, Digital Nomad. I'm pleasantly shocked your electricity was only $50, mine in a studio is $121 every month on a level-billing.

I'm glad you have positive things to say about the building. I'm putting a lot my eggs in the 5Pointz basket and hoping for best. I love this neighborhood, but I definitely cannot afford if I had to pay market here anymore.

Old 02-15-2022, 08:39 AM

60 posts, read 52,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Nomad View Post
What's up haha. Electric is alright so far. Was around ~$50, but it depends on your usage. It's the only utility charge and it gets added to your rent.

So far place is excellent. It's not perfect and yes there's some annoyances (e.g. the paint jobs could've been better), but maintenance calls are all free and you can have them fix whatever you need.
Thanks for the info! are you in a 1bd? I have one of those central air systems no window unit so im wondering if that would affect my costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
Thank you for this post, Digital Nomad. I'm pleasantly shocked your electricity was only $50, mine in a studio is $121 every month on a level-billing.

I'm glad you have positive things to say about the building. I'm putting a lot my eggs in the 5Pointz basket and hoping for best. I love this neighborhood, but I definitely cannot afford if I had to pay market here anymore.
Are you in a studio in 5Pointz? That seems high for a studio

Old 02-15-2022, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post

No doubt! My next electric bill is absolutely going to be higher this time since I have more things set up.

Neighborhood is amazing so even if I wasn't in 5Pointz just being in Long Island City has been so great. As for market rates, it's not just 5Pointz that's bad. This whole neighborhood in general has really wild market rates so we just have to enjoy what we have.

Anyone on this forum applying to 5Pointz or any other of the Long Island City lotteries--if you win something, sign the lease if it works for you. You guys have to experience this neighborhood if you never lived here before. The E Train from here gets to Manhattan in 1 stop, and that's something I never realized I needed in my life lol. The G train gets to Brooklyn in a couple stops, etc. You don't really appreciate convenience like this until you're experiencing it from all angles.

Old 02-15-2022, 09:16 AM

585 posts, read 585,467 times
Quote:
No doubt! My next electric bill is absolutely going to be higher this time since I have more things set up.

Neighborhood is amazing so even if I wasn't in 5Pointz just being in Long Island City has been so great. As for market rates, it's not just 5Pointz that's bad. This whole neighborhood in general has really wild market rates so we just have to enjoy what we have.

Anyone on this forum applying to 5Pointz or any other of the Long Island City lotteries--if you win something, sign the lease if it works for you. You guys have to experience this neighborhood if you never lived here before. The E Train from here gets to Manhattan in 1 stop, and that's something I never realized I needed in my life lol. The G train gets to Brooklyn in a couple stops, etc. You don't really appreciate convenience like this until you're experiencing it from all angles.
How u liking 5 pointz so far??

Old 02-15-2022, 10:33 AM

71 posts, read 65,010 times
Quote:
Thanks for the info! are you in a 1bd? I have one of those central air systems no window unit so im wondering if that would affect my costs.

Are you in a studio in 5Pointz? That seems high for a studio

I'm at The Maximilian. I think my ConEd bill runs high because I run the HVAC unit all night, every night without fail, even if it's just the fan. It covers the hallway noise, etc, so I never get woken up by it.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Yeah I'm in a 1 bedroom. South Tower.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
How u liking 5 pointz so far??
Excellent man I love it. But half of that credit goes to Long Island City in general. Really great neighborhood in the middle of everything.

But yeah 5Pointz itself is cool. So far no real issues in terms of crowding even though there's so many apartments. Not everyone cares about the amenities which works out in my favor because I use most of them and I'm a very active person lol.

Little annoyances here and there maintenance wise, but the fact that maintenance calls are all free and expedited are great. Don't even need to call anyone just do it through the app or website. All my issues have been fixed so far. The positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

Old 02-15-2022, 11:25 AM

1,604 posts, read 1,840,418 times
$50 for electricity is not bad at all! Mine so far is between $55 & $75 but starting last month I've been using heater a lot so I'll see how much my bill will be this month.

Quote:

Old 02-15-2022, 11:59 AM

603 posts, read 600,762 times
That ConEd electric bill is going to be 2-3x from last month. I went from $134 to $240...which is not bad compared to others I have seen.

Digital Nomad, great to see you doing well at 5Pointz - it's good to hear the positive stories to balance the negative ones out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery