Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2022, 02:27 PM

580 posts, read 728,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime99 View Post
That ConEd electric bill is going to be 2-3x from last month. I went from $134 to $240...which is not bad compared to others I have seen.

Digital Nomad, great to see you doing well at 5Pointz - it's good to hear the positive stories to balance the negative ones out.
Yeah we use Studebaker Submetering. Mine going up next bill.

Thanks haha it's actually been really nice here. No major complaints. Just waiting for the Sky Lounge to officially open up. They had to close it for additional construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 08:39 AM

71 posts, read 64,850 times
Are they still charging extra for just Sky Lounge access?

Old 02-18-2022, 01:01 PM

18 posts, read 12,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC_Lyfe View Post
Are they still charging extra for just Sky Lounge access?
The Rooftop / Sky Lounge still isn't done yet

As far as I can tell that plans have not changed—Rooftop / Sky Lounge access will be an extra $80 per person/month on top of the $80 per person/month amenity fee.

Old 02-20-2022, 07:49 AM

18 posts, read 12,864 times
Uncovered some disturbing issues with the window frame seals in my Living Room.

Yesterday morning I noticed a breezy cold draft and constant humming sound coming from the area around the window. I would describe the sound as being like a vacuum cleaner. I figured it was the PTAC but after turning it off I could still hear it.

I started inspecting the window frame and what do you know, there's a 1/8" inch gap between the head jamb and the frame at the top left of the window. You could feel and hear the cold air rushing through the gap in the frame.

Video of top left of frame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sd24mddsa...reeze.mov?dl=0

To the building's credit, I had maintenance in the room about two hours after submitting the request. The worker took some silicone to the gap which stopped the breeze. However, when the gap sealed up we could both still hear a high pitched whine like a teapot. While standing there neither of us could locate the source of the sound. He mentioned that the building is going to have a crew do repair on the exteriors of some of windows of the building and that I would be adde to the list.

After three hours of trying to get used to living in a perpetual teapot, I decided to again inspect the window to see if I could figure out where it was coming from. I eventually discovered that the seal is also compromised at the top right corner of the window.

Slightly humorous video of me stopping the noise with my finger to seal the window: https://www.dropbox.com/s/713uthouc4...eapot.mov?dl=0

Thankfully, I was able to get the whistling to stop with some scotch tape placed over the corner.

Old 02-21-2022, 07:17 AM

60 posts, read 52,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgometsbaby View Post
Uncovered some disturbing issues with the window frame seals in my Living Room.

Yesterday morning I noticed a breezy cold draft and constant humming sound coming from the area around the window. I would describe the sound as being like a vacuum cleaner. I figured it was the PTAC but after turning it off I could still hear it.

I started inspecting the window frame and what do you know, there's a 1/8" inch gap between the head jamb and the frame at the top left of the window. You could feel and hear the cold air rushing through the gap in the frame.

Video of top left of frame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4sd24mddsa...reeze.mov?dl=0

To the building's credit, I had maintenance in the room about two hours after submitting the request. The worker took some silicone to the gap which stopped the breeze. However, when the gap sealed up we could both still hear a high pitched whine like a teapot. While standing there neither of us could locate the source of the sound. He mentioned that the building is going to have a crew do repair on the exteriors of some of windows of the building and that I would be adde to the list.

After three hours of trying to get used to living in a perpetual teapot, I decided to again inspect the window to see if I could figure out where it was coming from. I eventually discovered that the seal is also compromised at the top right corner of the window.

Slightly humorous video of me stopping the noise with my finger to seal the window: https://www.dropbox.com/s/713uthouc4...eapot.mov?dl=0

Thankfully, I was able to get the whistling to stop with some scotch tape placed over the corner.
I just moved in a week ago. The building seems to have alot of random noise issues. There's an annoying droning sound in my apartment.

Old 02-22-2022, 11:01 AM

21 posts, read 18,894 times
Thankfully you found the gap. That noise would have driven me crazy.

@jsingh16 How do you like the building so far? Do you know if the underground parking area is open yet for residents?

Old 02-23-2022, 08:20 AM

60 posts, read 52,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazoob View Post
Thankfully you found the gap. That noise would have driven me crazy.

@jsingh16 How do you like the building so far? Do you know if the underground parking area is open yet for residents?
I think it's okay right now. Didn't get a chance to use much of the amenities except the gym which I find to be very small for the number of apartments this building has.

Not a big fan of the in-unit dryers being electric as well as the huge gaps under the entrance doors to each unit (my door mat slides right through to the hallway!). Although Im halfway up in the building I could hear the 7 Train quite a bit in the night time.

Old 03-02-2022, 07:13 AM

19 posts, read 14,956 times
Those of you who are at 5Pointz - are we supposed to tip each time someone comes for maintenance?

Old 03-02-2022, 08:57 AM

1,408 posts, read 2,032,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappyCamper01 View Post
Those of you who are at 5Pointz - are we supposed to tip each time someone comes for maintenance?
No, you do not tip each time for maintenance. At Christmastime, you should give annual tips to building staff though. If they assist you in something personal that is not in their job description, like hanging a picture or something like that, then you can give them a tip for that. This is in general, not just 5Pointz.

Old 03-02-2022, 03:03 PM

21 posts, read 18,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post
I think it's okay right now. Didn't get a chance to use much of the amenities except the gym which I find to be very small for the number of apartments this building has.

Not a big fan of the in-unit dryers being electric as well as the huge gaps under the entrance doors to each unit (my door mat slides right through to the hallway!). Although Im halfway up in the building I could hear the 7 Train quite a bit in the night time.
Maybe you can use a door draft stopper to put on the bottom of the door? That might work to get rid of hallway noise and any draft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery