Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 07:48 AM

19 posts, read 15,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by popartist View Post
No, you do not tip each time for maintenance. At Christmastime, you should give annual tips to building staff though. If they assist you in something personal that is not in their job description, like hanging a picture or something like that, then you can give them a tip for that. This is in general, not just 5Pointz.
Got it! I figured as much but thought I would ask just to make sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2022, 07:28 AM

60 posts, read 52,565 times
I've been living here for about a month now and there's an annoying droning/vibrating noise in my apartment. Maintenance also hears it but they confirm it's not coming from any A/C units or from the unit above me. It's affecting my sleep, they kinda did the bare minimum and open a wall but didn't find anything. Is this a problem for anyone currently living there? or Any advice on what I should do if management is apprehensive about looking into this further?

Thanks all!

Old 03-15-2022, 09:47 AM

18 posts, read 13,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post
I've been living here for about a month now and there's an annoying droning/vibrating noise in my apartment. Maintenance also hears it but they confirm it's not coming from any A/C units or from the unit above me. It's affecting my sleep, they kinda did the bare minimum and open a wall but didn't find anything. Is this a problem for anyone currently living there? or Any advice on what I should do if management is apprehensive about looking into this further?

Thanks all!
I hear what sounds like a compressor pump go off every 30-60 minutes or so. The noise only lasts about a minute at a time though. It sounds like it's coming from my neighbors unit.

Old 03-16-2022, 09:16 AM

65 posts, read 68,488 times
is anyone in a 2324 - 3824 1 Br apartment? If so is there central AC or PTAC? any photos of closet space?

Old 03-16-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgonyc View Post
is anyone in a 2324 - 3824 1 Br apartment? If so is there central AC or PTAC? any photos of closet space?
Here is the floorplan for a 2324 - 3824 unit: https://s3.amazonaws.com/img.streete...6c791fb25a.jpg

My guess is that it's using a VTAC unit which is housed in-between the bedroom and living room by the windows.

This website includes some images that show what an installed VTAC looks like: https://www.base-4.com/hotel-hvac-systems-p2/

Old 03-17-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsingh16 View Post

Thanks all!
I think I may be hearing what you are today. It's happening on the floor above me. I made a recording and uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q3e8mw7ap...noise.m4a?dl=0

It's possible maintenance is working on something upstairs, I'll follow up if the noise continues into tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2022, 12:21 PM

60 posts, read 52,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgometsbaby View Post
I think I may be hearing what you are today. It's happening on the floor above me. I made a recording and uploaded it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7q3e8mw7ap...noise.m4a?dl=0

It's possible maintenance is working on something upstairs, I'll follow up if the noise continues into tomorrow.
that def sounds like mainteance. The sound im hearing is more like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/udy9x4xxms...%2016.m4a?dl=0

it sounds pretty low in this recording but thats probably due to my iphone.

Old 03-18-2022, 06:14 AM

When I get bored I will sometimes peek at the new market-rate availabilities on the 5pointz website... they've really outdone themselves with these terrible layouts and misleading floorplan drawings.

I annotated the floorplan for one of the available units to demonstrate:

https://imgur.com/a/UtvtIfS

Old 03-18-2022, 06:54 AM

505 posts, read 469,631 times
The apts are so small just like Sven, more low income buildings is coming to LIC like 8 court square, that market rate Will drop like crazy sooner or later

Old 03-18-2022, 08:29 AM

151 posts, read 197,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgometsbaby View Post
When I get bored I will sometimes peek at the new market-rate availabilities on the 5pointz website... they've really outdone themselves with these terrible layouts and misleading floorplan drawings.

I annotated the floorplan for one of the available units to demonstrate:

Omg the location of that table has me on the floor lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery