Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2024, 12:19 PM

74 posts, read 51,229 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard about this lottery recently? I submitted documents back in October. Log #7XX. I sent one follow-up email and that was a month ago. I was told they are still processing logs lower than mine. Should I reach out again? From what I hear on these boards, Reside doesn't have the best reputation for being on the up and up. Any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 08:56 AM

20 posts, read 8,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAQueens View Post
Just saw it, they require specific amount to be insured (page 17 under Insurance). My insurance will go up from $15 to $25 when I insure the amount they require, I’m with Lemonade insurance if you want to check them out!

I read from here that management will have schedule move-in dates for us that we have to follow. But they told me they will only let me know after signing the lease and payment. Did they let you know already?
thanks, will definitely check them out closer to move-in!

so management was pressuring me to sign (or else that they would give away the unit lol) so I ended up signing. they only do move-ins on the weekdays and you need to schedule a slot with them. I was a bit annoyed because we can't use the garage (it's going to be "full" and is run by a separate company). but I'm moving in towards the end of march since I'll still have my current lease until then

Old 01-25-2024, 10:32 AM

15 posts, read 5,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
Has anyone heard about this lottery recently? I submitted documents back in October. Log #7XX. I sent one follow-up email and that was a month ago. I was told they are still processing logs lower than mine. Should I reach out again? From what I hear on these boards, Reside doesn't have the best reputation for being on the up and up. Any thoughts?
Yes you should follow up and confirm if there’s still units left. Susan was responsive to me when she was processing my application, and the whole process was pretty quick. I already signed my lease and waiting to move-in. Good luck!

Old 01-25-2024, 10:38 AM

15 posts, read 5,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotterybabe View Post
thanks, will definitely check them out closer to move-in!

so management was pressuring me to sign (or else that they would give away the unit lol) so I ended up signing. they only do move-ins on the weekdays and you need to schedule a slot with them. I was a bit annoyed because we can't use the garage (it's going to be "full" and is run by a separate company). but I'm moving in towards the end of march since I'll still have my current lease until then
They did the same to me so I also signed lol yeah just saw the schedule, 15th falls on a Friday so I don’t have a choice but move-in that day cause they don’t allow on weekends and time slots are only 3hours! I didn’t know about the garage though, you mean we can’t park moving trucks at the garage while moving? I guess street parking is the only option then, it will be difficult on transporting furnitures from the lobby though

Old 01-25-2024, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAQueens View Post
They did the same to me so I also signed lol yeah just saw the schedule, 15th falls on a Friday so I don’t have a choice but move-in that day cause they don’t allow on weekends and time slots are only 3hours! I didn’t know about the garage though, you mean we can’t park moving trucks at the garage while moving? I guess street parking is the only option then, it will be difficult on transporting furnitures from the lobby though
yeah they won't allow our vehicle in the garage at all unfortunately which is a bummer (made a huge difference for me in my current building using the garage), management said to just double park if there's no spots which I'm feeling iffy about, oh well!

Old 01-26-2024, 10:55 AM

They finally reached out for a viewing. I look at the place this weekend.

Old 01-26-2024, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZBRKLYN21 View Post
They finally reached out for a viewing. I look at the place this weekend.
that's a great sign, congrats!

Old 01-26-2024, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotterybabe View Post
that's a great sign, congrats!
Thank you! I wonder how many different layouts they have left to show.

Old 01-29-2024, 08:58 AM

Went to the viewing on Sunday. A lot of people were called to view the Studios and 1 bedroom. Per the agent, only 1 floorplan remains for the 1 bedroom regardless of the floor.

Old 02-01-2024, 12:04 PM

2 posts, read 717 times
Hi! This is the first lottery I have ever been called for. I was at the showing Sunday and very disappointed by the building and layouts that were left. There was only 1 type of 1 bedroom layout that was fairly small.

I was also concerned by some of the constructions imperfections I saw in the hallways (I work in design/construction and some of the mistakes I saw were thangs that would be easily caught which makes me concerned about the quality of the building). I saw some google reviews that said there are major problems with insulation and that many windows were installed improperly causing a draft and exorbitant heat bills that the building would not help with. I also saw that they charge $150 if you forget your keys/the doorman has to let you into your apartment. My parents live in a doorman building and I've never heard of any such policy. It makes me worry about the quality of the management. Everyone says the building staff is great but the management isn't very good.

Has anyone already moved into this building and can share their experience?

I'm supposed to submit documents but since this apartment is over my budget I'm feeling very stressed and torn about what to do. I have been desperately hoping to get placed in a lotto apartment for years, it feels crazy that I would turn it down but between the expense and the concerns about construction/management I'm worried about getting into an even worse housing situation than I'm in now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: