Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2023, 09:09 AM

75 posts, read 54,027 times

Advertisements

No haven’t heard anything yet. It’s been almost 2 weeks since I submitted docs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2023, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 1,624 times
can email susan on the contact but dont think itll go anywhere did that last week and no response so its just a waiting game

Old 12-28-2023, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 468 times
Im new to applying but, for this building im log # 5XX and was not reached out to send documents. I saw here that someone with a log #7XX was reached out to. Does anyone know any reason they would skip over log numbers?

Old 12-28-2023, 12:28 PM

70 posts, read 45,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxcx View Post
Im new to applying but, for this building im log # 5XX and was not reached out to send documents. I saw here that someone with a log #7XX was reached out to. Does anyone know any reason they would skip over log numbers?
On Reddit, it looks like people with #1,XXX logs have been called. You should definitely have been called by now.

It's disappointing to hear how unreliable agencies can be about adhering to log numbers. I hope you're able to resolve this; if not, I suggest reporting this to HDC.

Old 12-28-2023, 01:15 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,684,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxcx View Post
Check your spam box. Log into HC2 with your password and see if there is a notification or status change. Contact the company.

You might not have been skipped. Being reached out to for documents is not the same as getting a unit.

Let’s say your 5xx and the 7xx are same household size and income. If 7xx has been processed today that does not mean they are ahead of you for getting a unit it only means the paperwork has been requested. If this time next week, you get a document request and get a unit before 7xx gets an offer there has been no foul play.

It could be that your 5xx and the 7xx are NOT the same household size and income. If your 5xx only qualify for a studio, and the 7xx only for a 2 bedroom then you don’t need to fear that they have gotten ahead of your 5xx.

Old 12-28-2023, 02:08 PM

75 posts, read 54,027 times
If your income was within the range at the time you submitted your application you should get an email. They are requesting documents but have not reached out in 2 months for anything else. So not sure what's going on with this lottery.

Old 12-30-2023, 11:52 AM

20 posts, read 8,232 times
has anyone successfully persuaded management to push the lease start date out (~2 months)? my current lease isn't up until march and I was just offered a 1bd beginning in jan.

for reference, log #3xx, was reached out to around october for documents in this second round of lottery units

Old 01-03-2024, 10:00 PM

15 posts, read 5,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotterybabe View Post
has anyone successfully persuaded management to push the lease start date out (~2 months)? my current lease isn't up until march and I was just offered a 1bd beginning in jan.

for reference, log #3xx, was reached out to around october for documents in this second round of lottery units
Hey, I'm in the same situation and I notified the management that the earliest I can move is April. He said he will talk to "Ownership" to see if they are willing to hold the unit. It's been a week & I haven't heard back. Maybe try asking too, I feel that they may allow it

my log is also #3xx LOL, but I was reached mid-december and was offered the unit by dec 26, the process was quick compare to what I read here. Which floor was the unit offered to you? if u don't mind sharing

Old 01-04-2024, 04:03 AM

20 posts, read 8,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAQueens View Post
Hey, I'm in the same situation and I notified the management that the earliest I can move is April. He said he will talk to "Ownership" to see if they are willing to hold the unit. It's been a week & I haven't heard back. Maybe try asking too, I feel that they may allow it

my log is also #3xx LOL, but I was reached mid-december and was offered the unit by dec 26, the process was quick compare to what I read here. Which floor was the unit offered to you? if u don't mind sharing
congrats! I was offered a 1 bedroom on the fifth floor, how about you? although I do think the layout the I requested was on the smaller side space wise.

crossing our fingers that management allows this since it seems like it’s been taking them a while to fill in these units anyway - let me know of any updates on your end

Old 01-04-2024, 05:08 AM

15 posts, read 5,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotterybabe View Post
congrats! I was offered a 1 bedroom on the fifth floor, how about you? although I do think the layout the I requested was on the smaller side space wise.

crossing our fingers that management allows this since it seems like it’s been taking them a while to fill in these units anyway - let me know of any updates on your end
I’m on the 2nd flr. The units they showed us are mostly on that floor just different layouts, and I only liked one layout (one with kitchen island) which is not available in higher floors anymore. What was the rent offered in your lottery? I heard from here that they lowered the rent since the very first lottery. Did they offer you any incentives? (Free amenities, 1 month free rent)

Yes thats what I thought too, it would be easier for them to hold unit for already approved tenants. Tbh I was on the fence taking it since the rent is still high considering additional utilities. But the process went by so quickly and I havent gotten this far in the process so thought I was really lucky!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: