Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 07:17 AM

87 posts, read 60,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
Yes - studio @ 2,343 instead of 3,300, 1 bed @ 2,464 instead of 3,800, 1 year amenities free and $1000 gift card towards moving cost
Wait, do you mean 1 bed @ 2,464 instead of 2,698?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2023, 07:30 AM

Can anyone please give more details on the $2,464 reduced rent on the 1 bedrooms? I was approved for $2,698 rent but haven't signed the lease yet and am going to try to get them to reduce it, but want to make sure this reduction is a real thing.

Do we think asking for a reduced rent will risk my approval if they have already sent me a lease to sign?

Old 06-19-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syad8486 View Post
Yes - studio @ 2,343 instead of 3,300, 1 bed @ 2,464 instead of 3,800, 1 year amenities free and $1000 gift card towards moving cost
Are you sure they are reducing the rent for 1 bedrooms to $2,464 and not giving one month free on $2,698 which is why there is a reduction? Because I was approved for a 1 bedroom at $2,698 which is the rent posted to the Housing Connect website.

Old 06-21-2023, 04:30 PM

5 posts, read 3,882 times
@brooklynbuddy I see that you’ve mentioned being approved for the apartment and having your lease. Was wondering how long HDP approval took for you and how long were you given to sign the lease? Currently waiting for approval for a unit in this building. Thanks for any info provided!

Old 06-24-2023, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaat0718 View Post
@brooklynbuddy I see that you’ve mentioned being approved for the apartment and having your lease. Was wondering how long HDP approval took for you and how long were you given to sign the lease? Currently waiting for approval for a unit in this building. Thanks for any info provided!
My docs were sent to HDP on May 24 and I was approved on June 7. There was a holiday weekend in there, so that might have impacted the wait. I sent Reside an email asking them to nudge HDP and I think that helped.

After approval, I heard from building management the next day asking me if I wanted a one or two year lease. I got the lease to sign five days later, but I had a question about the lease start date.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Old 06-24-2023, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbuddy View Post
My docs were sent to HDP on May 24 and I was approved on June 7. There was a holiday weekend in there, so that might have impacted the wait. I sent Reside an email asking them to nudge HDP and I think that helped.

After approval, I heard from building management the next day asking me if I wanted a one or two year lease. I got the lease to sign five days later, but I had a question about the lease start date.

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Thank you for your response! I have to provide my current building with a 30 day notice but want to wait for HDP approval before doing so which leaves me questioning the start of the new lease and move in.

I see from the other thread that you were able to get the one month free rent. Was this through reside or with the building directly and would you happen to know if it’s offered for all size apartments?

Thank you again for your help any info provided!

Old 06-24-2023, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your response! I have to provide my current building with a 30 day notice but want to wait for HDP approval before doing so which leaves me questioning the start of the new lease and move in.

I see from the other thread that you were able to get the one month free rent. Was this through reside or with the building directly and would you happen to know if it’s offered for all size apartments?

Thank you again for your help any info provided!
I'm pretty sure everyone is elegible for the one month free, even if it wasn't advertized. They didn't offer it to my group of log numbers, but when I heard that they offered it to another group of log numbers to incentivize people, I wrote Reside and asked them for the month free to be treated fairly. And they and Ductch House gave it to me.

Reside can start the initial conversation about the one month free, but the building is who ultimately gives you the one month free. They do a concession on your lease that you don't have to pay for one month. On my lease, I don't have to pay for October / the fourth month of my lease.

Old 06-24-2023, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure everyone is elegible for the one month free, even if it wasn't advertized. They didn't offer it to my group of log numbers, but when I heard that they offered it to another group of log numbers to incentivize people, I wrote Reside and asked them for the month free to be treated fairly. And they and Ductch House gave it to me.

Reside can start the initial conversation about the one month free, but the building is who ultimately gives you the one month free. They do a concession on your lease that you don't have to pay for one month. On my lease, I don't have to pay for October / the fourth month of my lease.
Got it! Thank you. Were you given a timeframe to sign the lease?

Old 06-28-2023, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Got it! Thank you. Were you given a timeframe to sign the lease?
Not really, just as soon as possible.

Old 07-01-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Not really, just as soon as possible.
Received an email from management inquiring about 1-2 year lease and lease start date but didn’t get a response yet.

I inquired via email if lease start date would be the same day we receive keys to move in and how lease signing and payment are accepted… can you speak to the options you were given?

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: