Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 01:35 PM

74 posts, read 50,586 times

Advertisements

I moved forward with the processing after the viewing thinking it would take several weeks, I'm already approved and that was just Sunday. So now I'm feeling stressed because this was not my primary choice due to some of the factors you mentioned and my own research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2024, 03:50 PM

20 posts, read 7,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLotto View Post
Hi! This is the first lottery I have ever been called for. I was at the showing Sunday and very disappointed by the building and layouts that were left. There was only 1 type of 1 bedroom layout that was fairly small.

I was also concerned by some of the constructions imperfections I saw in the hallways (I work in design/construction and some of the mistakes I saw were thangs that would be easily caught which makes me concerned about the quality of the building). I saw some google reviews that said there are major problems with insulation and that many windows were installed improperly causing a draft and exorbitant heat bills that the building would not help with. I also saw that they charge $150 if you forget your keys/the doorman has to let you into your apartment. My parents live in a doorman building and I've never heard of any such policy. It makes me worry about the quality of the management. Everyone says the building staff is great but the management isn't very good.

Has anyone already moved into this building and can share their experience?

I'm supposed to submit documents but since this apartment is over my budget I'm feeling very stressed and torn about what to do. I have been desperately hoping to get placed in a lotto apartment for years, it feels crazy that I would turn it down but between the expense and the concerns about construction/management I'm worried about getting into an even worse housing situation than I'm in now.
which 1 bedroom unit layout is the last one left? if it makes you feel any better, I was in the same boat (this was still way out of my budget and def looks better in photos vs. in person) but looking at the market it's really difficult to find a doorman building at this price unless you're ok with living further out geographically. and I'm sure closer to this summer there will still be some chaos with broker fees and bidding. I also believe the draft was from units that had terrace doors (which the lottery units don't have). I would also ask for more time to decide if you do get the lease quickly, because management tries to push you to sign asap.

Old 02-02-2024, 09:44 AM

2 posts, read 710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotterybabe View Post
which 1 bedroom unit layout is the last one left? if it makes you feel any better, I was in the same boat (this was still way out of my budget and def looks better in photos vs. in person) but looking at the market it's really difficult to find a doorman building at this price unless you're ok with living further out geographically. and I'm sure closer to this summer there will still be some chaos with broker fees and bidding. I also believe the draft was from units that had terrace doors (which the lottery units don't have). I would also ask for more time to decide if you do get the lease quickly, because management tries to push you to sign asap.
I can't find the exact floor plan on line the unit was 225. It had a small closet on your right when you first enter with the kitchen running along the hallway. To the left was the bathroom and washer/dryer closet. at the end was the living room and bedroom. (I forgot a measuring tape so very roughly the living room was about 9' x 16' and the bedroom 9' x 8')

If you look at the building on StreetEasy they show unavailable plans. It was almost a mirror image to the plan for 309- but no walk in closet/balcony. I think the bedroom closet was smaller and I think the bedroom and living room overall are both smaller in 225.

Old 02-27-2024, 06:33 PM

this is a really particular question but does anyone know if this building has verizon fios? the verizon website tells me no but a customer service representative is telling me yes

Old 03-13-2024, 07:46 AM

15 posts, read 5,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotterybabe View Post
this is a really particular question but does anyone know if this building has verizon fios? the verizon website tells me no but a customer service representative is telling me yes
Yes, they have Verizon and Spectrum. Its on the lease, in the electric & internet service section. Btw, have you move yet? I’m scheduled to move this friday!

Old 03-15-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAQueens View Post
Yes, they have Verizon and Spectrum. Its on the lease, in the electric & internet service section. Btw, have you move yet? I’m scheduled to move this friday!
thanks! I went to pickup my keys today - I'll be moving in my bulk of the furniture in 2 weeks, hope it's a smooth move!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
View detailed profiles of: