Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2023, 02:09 PM

116 posts, read 81,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_in_a_hat View Post
Im in ami 60% i believe and here are the documents they requested copied and pasted straight from the email I got.

"1. Applicants have the choice of either providing 12 months of complete rent payments or consenting to a credit review. If found eligible, you will be asked which option you would like to proceed with.
2. Copies of birth certificates for all minors in the household
3. Copies of last 4-6 most recent consecutive pay stubs, OR Employment Verification Form (Attachment I-3) filled out in its entirety.
4. Copies of last year’s W-2 forms (all pages).
5. Copies of picture ID for all persons over 18 (examples: driver’s license, passport, Military ID, NYC Municipal ID, non-driver ID)
6. Copies of signed & completed most recent year’s federal and state tax returns, including all schedules
7. Copies of Social Security cards or Tax ID (ITIN) for each person in the household
8. If paid in cash, proof of cash payments, provide notarized letters from employers and/or bank statements that support deposits
9. Most recent statements for any other deposit accounts, i.e. savings, money markets, e-banking such as Venmo/Cashapp/Paypal"

Edited paragraph break for readability
Thank so much! This is really helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 02:13 PM

I have almost all my documents already in the HC portal, just in case.

Old 08-08-2023, 02:23 PM

72 posts, read 78,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighborhood Friend View Post
I just signed my lease and paid my rent for my first month, does anyone recommend any insurance companies for the building? I know it is required before we move in, Thank you. Any advice would be super appreciated!
I went with Lemonade right under $10/month… super affordable and App was easy to use and adjust coverage to my needs.

Old 08-08-2023, 03:19 PM

82 posts, read 72,533 times
AriNYC thank you so much!!! I heard this is a good insurance from another renter in Greenpoint last year, so I think I'm going to go with this one, sounds great!. Super affordable.

Yes they started GP! Good Luck everyone! Be patient it's a long, grueling process, there are many lotteries also coming up in the next months to years, I lost a few before I got one so you know.

Old 08-08-2023, 03:51 PM

25 posts, read 15,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantmom View Post
OMG YES FINALLY. Gonna get my documents together. Hopefully this goes by quick!
Congratulations

Old 08-08-2023, 03:52 PM

65 posts, read 47,029 times
Wow, i hope they get at least to 21XX. Will be waiting patiently.. i know this question might sound weird but from your experience how long you think it might take them to reach 2XXX. Estimation wise, weeks months? If they got to that number of course

Old 08-08-2023, 04:08 PM

42 posts, read 31,316 times
That's awesome for Gen Pop, hopefully you all have a smooth process. After I was approved last week and accepted the unit, I am now waiting for building management to reach out with details about the lease. I am advised my file has been sent over, so looking forward to planning my move-in date. All the best to everyone.

Old 08-08-2023, 04:09 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,439,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
I went with Lemonade right under $10/month… super affordable and App was easy to use and adjust coverage to my needs.
Quote:
AriNYC thank you so much!!! I heard this is a good insurance from another renter in Greenpoint last year, so I think I'm going to go with this one, sounds great!. Super affordable.

Yes they started GP! Good Luck everyone! Be patient it's a long, grueling process, there are many lotteries also coming up in the next months to years, I lost a few before I got one so you know.
I second Lemonade. I haven't had to use it (knock on wood) but it was super easy to set up and very affordable.

Old 08-08-2023, 05:05 PM

250 posts, read 250,046 times
Quote:

I’ve heard good things about lemonade as well, I went with State Farm though lol it’s $10 a month

Old 08-08-2023, 05:30 PM

So you need to have an insurance company before move in ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery