Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2023, 10:37 AM

65 posts, read 47,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
Yes you need last year’s income. They go by last year’s tax return and most recent pay stubs
So what if your income is different than last years income ?
For example last year 36k, this year pay stubs would give 52k.
And both incomes fall between the acceptable AMI for 40% and 60%.
Which one would they choose ? And could you be rejected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 10:47 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,645,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yah22 View Post
Have you been asked to submit additional income documents yet? It’s at the time when you submit additional documents that matters if they are processed pretty quickly and a lease offer is made quickly. Delays can occur. If the delays are long enough new income documents will be needed. If this goes on for many months, the $36K becomes less relevant and the 52K more so. Typically they want to look at 6 months past income which right now would only by 2023.

If your paperwork with additional documents is reviewed you can be rejected if they conclude you don’t qualify on income. This conclusion can be appealed but the decision has to be made before it can be appealed.

Old 08-11-2023, 11:24 AM

275 posts, read 204,581 times
Quote:
Yes, there are balconies but it’s rare to get them. I know they are giving balcony apartments to low amis tho
Thank you for your reply.
Do u know if there is studio left for AMI 40% (1 person) ??

Rare to get them, but still giving to LOW AMIs? WOW !
Looking at the building in pictures , doesn't look like they have balcony for any unit . Lol

Old 08-11-2023, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Yes you need last year’s income. They go by last year’s tax return and most recent pay stubs
U misunderstood my writing.
I know they ask to see last year's taxes ( I had been doing this decades) ,BUT they do not go by last year's taxes as requirement income needed to qualify.
They go by how much you make present time and projected 12 months.

I thought must have current income, I never knew they can go by last year's income if present time no income .

Also- thought they cannot go by last year's taxes/income for a person to be qualify/eligible if, current income is NOT enough etc

Old 08-11-2023, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yah22 View Post
They go by current income to meet the income requirement. They ask for last year's taxes to see BUT not to meet for qualification .

To see if you meet income requirement ,they ONLY look at current income - projected 12 months.

I had been doing this for many decades, so I know .
You can also read the HPD handbook (all the rules are there ) .

Old 08-11-2023, 12:25 PM

Does anyone please have phone contact and email for the marketing agent etc for this property? really appreciate it so much and wish everyone best of luck.

Want to contact them to see if any unit left for studio 1 person 40% AMI

Old 08-11-2023, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbound7 View Post
great news. Good luck!!!!!
Congrats .
Do they have any studio left for 1 person in 40% AMI ?

Old 08-11-2023, 01:15 PM

105 posts, read 88,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Does anyone please have phone contact and email for the marketing agent etc for this property? really appreciate it so much and wish everyone best of luck.

Want to contact them to see if any unit left for studio 1 person 40% AMI
Someone said they have studios and 1 beds for 40% and 60%.

Old 08-11-2023, 03:16 PM

116 posts, read 82,127 times
Thank you so mucho for the information, I had the same question due to my last taxes are different from my current payment. I love that most of you guys still here helping us during the process.

Old 08-11-2023, 03:23 PM

250 posts, read 250,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Thank you for your reply.
Do u know if there is studio left for AMI 40% (1 person) ??

Rare to get them, but still giving to LOW AMIs? WOW !
Looking at the building in pictures , doesn't look like they have balcony for any unit . Lol
Balconies are on 3 and another floor. Yes they definitely have it. Doesn’t have to be shown in pictures to know they are there and people are going on their deck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery