Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2023, 08:52 PM

116 posts, read 83,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow-bibble View Post
Signing my lease today. I'd like to encourage everyone to be patient with the process. I went through some ups and downs from submitting documents, rejection, appealing, and final approval. Everything I learned about the process, I wish I knew a day earlier.

Remember: "if you don't ask, you don't get"
Congratulations!!! Thank you for helping us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2023, 10:03 AM

53 posts, read 36,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow-bibble View Post
Signing my lease today. I'd like to encourage everyone to be patient with the process. I went through some ups and downs from submitting documents, rejection, appealing, and final approval. Everything I learned about the process, I wish I knew a day earlier.

Remember: "if you don't ask, you don't get"
Congrats again! Wish you the most happiness in your new home

Old 08-16-2023, 02:59 AM

21 posts, read 18,509 times
Log #32XX no CB
Not much unit to have hope I guess …

Old 08-16-2023, 08:13 AM

254 posts, read 227,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Please911 View Post
Log #32XX no CB
What’s your AMI

Old 08-16-2023, 08:16 AM

AMI In the 40%

Old 08-16-2023, 08:56 AM

254 posts, read 227,716 times
Quote:
AMI In the 40%
Hopefully they will reach your log# and you secure yourself one. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best

Old 08-16-2023, 10:00 AM

Thank you, very kind of you. Such a motivating reply. Appreciate it!

Old 08-16-2023, 10:08 AM

5 posts, read 5,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighborhood Friend View Post
UPDATE.... I just received the update today that I was approved from HPD, I had also just accepted the unit, it is a really nice sized one bedroom, I'm very happy with it, they nailed the unit and I didn't need to view another one luckily. I was submitted to HPD on 7/21/ and got approval today on 7/27 on housing connect, the status from Under Review changed to Review completed and soon after I got an email sayingI was approved and to go onto the site to accept my assigned unit or reject it. I'm sure everyone's process it different, none of us are the same.
My application manager was amazing, she wasn't used to someone with my multiple employers and my kind of work but actually said she learned a lot from my process, which made me happy to hear. Like I said, we all have different situation and vetting can take longer for some, like me. But it took 7 weeks because I literally had everything ready, this wasn't my first rodeo and I jumped through hoops, getting docs literally right away to hours after, long before the deadlines they give us. If you have any question please let me know. I wish you all the best and hope you all get a unit, if you keep playing you are going to win eventually, do not give up and hey, you never know, the saying for the money lottery is true, no one can predict what happens. At least you know they are still in CB and there are more than 1/2 the units still left for this building, which is reassuring to a lot of you. Lots of other lotteries coming up in 2024 also, in LIC and Hudson Yards with many chances to win those as well. Best
Hi, would you mind sharing your log number? A ballpark is fine too. Thank you and congratulations!

Old 08-16-2023, 01:48 PM

116 posts, read 83,480 times
Quote:
Log #32XX no CB
If your application still said applied, you can have a lot of hope!

Old 08-16-2023, 02:21 PM

275 posts, read 206,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachxm View Post
If your application still said applied, you can have a lot of hope!

@Please911 You are 1 person and qualified for studio and 1 bedroom?
- contact them to see which log# they are on now and how many studio and 1 bedroom left ...then you can do an estimation guess .( it won't be 100% accurate but at least an idea where u might stand. )

Last edited by Waterlinesquare; 08-16-2023 at 02:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery