Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2023, 08:56 PM

275 posts, read 203,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow-bibble View Post
I signed my lease on 8/14 and it was exactly the same price as listed on housing connect.

Rent has not increased. You are wrong and, not for the first time, you are discouraging people. Do us a favor and stop spamming this thread by responding to every post, and sharing unverified information as if it was fact.
Can you freaking go do a search before you trash me ?
Someone on this thread had mentioned the maximum income increases as of June 2023 , so I did my researched ... I wish I can post a screen shot of the information from HPD .
What is your email address, let me email you all the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 08:59 PM

Quote:
I signed my lease on 8/14 and it was exactly the same price as listed on housing connect.

Rent has not increased. You are wrong and, not for the first time, you are discouraging people. Do us a favor and stop spamming this thread by responding to every post, and sharing unverified information as if it was fact.
It was a question, you could of answered it saying it didn't increase for you.
Instead ,you go and trash me? You should be reported !

Old 08-18-2023, 09:09 PM

Quote:

Www.NYC.gov
look under Area Median Income -HPD

I do know it does increase, but had no idea it was already increased.
Thank god for that person who had mentioned it on this thread that the maximum income on AMIs increased, so I had to check for the minimum and the rent amount too .

Old 08-18-2023, 09:10 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
What is wrong with you ?

Someone did mentioned it on this thread ,so I went to do a research .
It is NOT just for this building ... ALL buildings under housing connect...
As of June 2023 , the income and rent for all AMIs increased.
Asset limit is subject to change too, but that was changed April 2020 .so the next one I don't know when .

I should of just kept this information all to myself.

You are welcome !
There is confusion here. Yes, AMI% increased. Yes, the 2023 New York City Area Affordable Monthly Rents were raised, maximum rents under a particular AMI%.

None of the above means any particular building (this one, or another one) that had previously had units offered raised their rent. They are not required to raise the rent. They are required to qualify households based on AMI%s. They must not charge more than the maximum rent subject to when the clock started on the project. No doubt, as of such and such a date a building can raise rents on vacant units, but again they are not required to do so.

Perhaps, such buildings with units being offered already are bound to keep original rents until such and such a date in the future (Oct 1, Dec 1 whatever). We can expect when they are allowed to do so and think it wise, they will raise rents. Much of this is putting the horse before the cart. When an offer is made, then we know what rent is being asked. I am not much surprised that units are presently being rented at the published sample rents.

Keep looking unit asset limits because I feel they have been raised since April 2020.

Old 08-18-2023, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
There is confusion here. Yes, AMI% increased. Yes, the 2023 New York City Area Affordable Monthly Rents were raised, maximum rents under a particular AMI%.

None of the above means any particular building (this one, or another one) that had previously had units offered raised their rent. They are not required to raise the rent. They are required to qualify households based on AMI%s. They must not charge more than the maximum rent subject to when the clock started on the project. No doubt, as of such and such a date a building can raise rents on vacant units, but again they are not required to do so.

Perhaps, such buildings with units being offered already are bound to keep original rents until such and such a date in the future (Oct 1, Dec 1 whatever). We can expect when they are allowed to do so and think it wise, they will raise rents. Much of this is putting the horse before the cart. When an offer is made, then we know what rent is being asked. I am not much surprised that units are presently being rented at the published sample rents.

Keep looking unit asset limits because I feel they have been raised since April 2020.
Thank you so much for writing all that ...
Yes , asset limit did changed again after April 2020 (of course it did already ) I just saw it ...then I came back here and saw your post.

Old 08-18-2023, 09:44 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,626,371 times
(BTW folks, new MTA bus, subway, MetroNorth, and LIRR fares will rise soon.)
8/18/23:
Refer to building page:
https://housingconnect.nyc.gov/PublicWeb/details/2889

And compare it to HPD page for 2023 AMI:
https://www.nyc.gov/site/hpd/service...an-income.page

I notice that AMI%s for max. income figures agree at any of the AMI% and Household sizes.

Likely, they will raise rents when they are allowed to. This date might not have passed yet. It doesn’t mean much until they are putting an offer in front of you.

Old 08-18-2023, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post

Sorry for another separate reply .

So just to clarify:
The studio and 1 bedroom for this building rent amount stays the same ?

The Maximum income for 40 % AMI 1 person STUDIO is
$39,560 but what is the new minimum
?
40% 1bedroom Maximum is $39,560 but what is the new minimum?

Same question for 60% AMI - I know the new maximum, need to know the new minimum.

Thanl you so much, god bless !

Old 08-18-2023, 10:54 PM

105 posts, read 88,426 times
Quote:
Sorry for another separate reply .

So just to clarify:
The studio and 1 bedroom for this building rent amount stays the same ?

The Maximum income for 40 % AMI 1 person STUDIO is
$39,560 but what is the new minimum
?
40% 1bedroom Maximum is $39,560 but what is the new minimum?

Same question for 60% AMI - I know the new maximum, need to know the new minimum.

Thanl you so much, god bless !
All the information about the rent was updated on housing connect after the AMI changes. Whatever is on the lottery page is the amount.
PLEASE stop spamming this forum and quoting every single post. Let people who have more information about the building process, or something substantial to say get a chance.

Last edited by Plantmom; 08-18-2023 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 08-18-2023, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantmom View Post
All the information about the rent was updated on housing connect after the AMI changes. Whatever is on the lottery page is the amount.
PLEASE stop spamming this forum and quoting every single post. Let people who have more information about the building process, or something substantial to say get a chance.
This building 's post on Housing Connect is NOT updated from the change.
Think about it, why would I ask if the information is updated .
You don't think the information that I gave is more important to know than anything else... ok lol

Old 08-18-2023, 11:53 PM

171 posts, read 127,686 times
Quote:
This building 's post on Housing Connect is NOT updated from the change.
Think about it, why would I ask if the information is updated .
You don't think the information that I gave is more important to know than anything else... ok lol
The buildings post is updated in regards of the AMI increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery