Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2023, 12:23 PM

275 posts, read 203,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity210 View Post
What’s the point of saying this? You could say that for every building in every borough. Were you denied over this building or something and now you are trying to make other ppl not want it??
WTF ? This forum is not for this type of crap and stop assuming .
It is a big TIP , because from my experiences in the past and currently and seeing other people experienced it and currently too .
I DID say NYC ( so that implies for ALL, DUH ! ) ...BUT for this area seems more buildings will be built.

I'm currently experiencing view block and construction noise etc , also thinking there might be more in the FUTURE...so I'm moving but not sure about /to this area.

If I was denied I wouldn't post that , I'm not that type of person.

I'm in G.P and I haven't been contacted yet.

In the past , I had made the mistake couple of times by not doing research before accepting an apartment, but sometimes you cannot find or know the information especially if is in the future.
Example-
My current apartment, the location of the new project that will be built (the teared down building that was here I would of never thought it would be removed for a new building) .

I had been living in hell from this , so I made that post as a tip to ALL .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2023, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincity210 View Post
What’s the point of saying this? You could say that for every building in every borough. Were you denied over this building or something and now you are trying to make other ppl not want it??
Like I said KEEP IN MIND - some area are more likely than other areas to have new buildings .
THIS LOCATION DEFINITELY MORE THAN 100% that many more new buildings will be built ( regardless if a spot is not empty ) !

Old 08-13-2023, 12:54 PM

42 posts, read 31,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Like I said KEEP IN MIND - some area are more likely than other areas to have new buildings .
THIS LOCATION DEFINITELY MORE THAN 100% that many more new buildings will be built ( regardless if a spot is not empty ) !

Dude, I think we understand your point, but it's important to stay positive. Some of us are more in need of safe and secure accommodation, than concerned about construction in the area. All the best.

Old 08-13-2023, 02:59 PM

65 posts, read 46,972 times
For the people who moved in already: how is the parking situation in the area?

Old 08-13-2023, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku23 View Post
Show the whole apartment
Congrats, did you moved in yet ? So far can you hear the trains n is it loud? I see a lot trains in your picture.

Old 08-13-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
Congrats.
So far do you hear the trains? (If you moved on already ) is it loud? I see trains in your picture

Old 08-13-2023, 05:59 PM

116 posts, read 81,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshmallow-bibble View Post
Dude, I think we understand your point, but it's important to stay positive. Some of us are more in need of safe and secure accommodation, than concerned about construction in the area. All the best.
Thank youuuuu!! Best respond

Old 08-14-2023, 10:29 AM

[quote=Rachxm;65686861]Thank youuuuu!! Best respond[/QUOTE

LMFAO. Y'ALL DEFINITELY DO NOT GET MY POINT .
(easy to misunderstood from reading tho)

I could make a comment and explain to every single word you guys wrote ... but it would take me few days and would be a book long in details..so I will just say this only :
I'm not talking about not staying postive and obviously I know why we are looking for affordable housing etc .

I'm not talking about your normal everyday construction noise -It's killing , toxic and absolute unbearable excruciating pain from excavation of the hardest bedrock etc that would go on many years (sometimes they get approved to do work odd hrs and 7 days) .
Well for me at my current building my apartment is literally vibrating and glasses moving from the excavation of the construction.
Definitely a major health and safety concern.

If you want safty and secure then this is no brainer.

I was just saying (giving tip at a forum ) something to be considered when moving to a new place .
Obviously ,some might not care to go through excruciating pain as long as rent is affordable but it was just a tip to some that cares.

Last edited by Waterlinesquare; 08-14-2023 at 10:54 AM..

Old 08-14-2023, 11:19 AM

171 posts, read 127,686 times
Thank you for the tip

Old 08-14-2023, 11:21 AM

171 posts, read 127,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkbound7 View Post
Thank you for the tip
All of NYC is under construction currently due to new buildings being built all over. We don’t know what areas will do such excruciating work & there’s nothing we can do about it. In the mean time we are all just trying to find affordable, safe and secure housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery