Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2023, 03:35 PM

275 posts, read 206,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ispynyc View Post
Balconies are on 3 and another floor. Yes they definitely have it. Doesn’t have to be shown in pictures to know they are there and people are going on their deck
Yup thanks.
I meant looking at the whole building standing , don't really see unit balconies. I guess because only 2 floors have them (and low floors) , so it's hard to tell .Also I guess how and where it is located/positioned etc .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2023, 03:55 PM

250 posts, read 252,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
Yup thanks.
I meant looking at the whole building standing , don't really see unit balconies. I guess because only 2 floors have them (and low floors) , so it's hard to tell .Also I guess how and where it is located/positioned etc .
But trust me, you are not missing out. The dog park is on the same level as one of the balconies and anybody who walks past in the dog park can see into the balcony apartments. Also, the balcony walls are not high enough so if you are a tenant outside, enjoying the balcony you’re going to be eye level with people that are out there walking the dogs. It will be awkward.

They also have very strict rules for those balcony apartments

Old 08-11-2023, 04:04 PM

66 posts, read 47,881 times
Does anyone know which number they reached in gen pop? Or if there’s a way to find out ?

Old 08-11-2023, 04:37 PM

116 posts, read 83,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yah22 View Post
Does anyone know which number they reached in gen pop? Or if there’s a way to find out ?
I think they still in the first batch, maybe 100-200.

Old 08-11-2023, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria212 View Post
Just came back from my second viewing, I was shown this apartment during my first viewing. After my request to see another layout my agent had told me “ sure no problem we have another layout available for you to view please let me know we can schedule a viewing and let me know which one you decide on” then about 10 minutes later corrected herself and told me there is only one layout which is this one and I can only chose a floor higher or lower. Had anyone else their seen studio apartments at that address?

(Apologies in advance if I had posted incorrectly, still figuring out how to start a thread of my own on 601 west 29th, thank you)

Video link attached:

https://imgur.com/a/We17oBn
Congrats
This studio for which AMI ?
Do u know if there is any studio left for 40% AMI ? Maybe 10 studios left for 40% AMI ?

Old 08-11-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighborhood Friend View Post
I know they have one bedrooms and studios for 40% and 60% AMI for GP I was told. about 85 left now, a good amount That is all I know. Not sure about 100% AMI and 2 bedrooms though, it can be different for every AMI of course.
If 85 units left total for 40 and 60 % AMI 1 bed /studio.
Then maybe around 10 or less studios left for 40% AMI (they only built 15 studios for 40% AMI)

Old 08-11-2023, 10:23 PM

188 posts, read 269,982 times
You must also keep in mind there are a number of units that are set aside for agency referrals also

Old 08-11-2023, 11:11 PM

31,962 posts, read 27,101,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynDee View Post
You must also keep in mind there are a number of units that are set aside for agency referrals also

Of all set asides those for "agency referrals" is usually lowest behind city workers and disabled or handicapped.

Old 08-12-2023, 03:38 PM

To ALL -
Keep in mind (before accepting an apartment) that NYC are building a lot new buildings ALL THE TIME / ongoing . Especially in this neighborhood for this building.
- need to think about construction noise etc
- it will block your view .
You might not see any construction or anything being built BUT u never know in the future (near or far future ) .
Asking them ,you will not get the true answer though .

Old 08-13-2023, 05:10 AM

6 posts, read 2,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterlinesquare View Post
To ALL -
Keep in mind (before accepting an apartment) that NYC are building a lot new buildings ALL THE TIME / ongoing . Especially in this neighborhood for this building.
- need to think about construction noise etc
- it will block your view .
You might not see any construction or anything being built BUT u never know in the future (near or far future ) .
Asking them ,you will not get the true answer though .
What’s the point of saying this? You could say that for every building in every borough. Were you denied over this building or something and now you are trying to make other ppl not want it??

Last edited by Sincity210; 08-13-2023 at 05:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery