Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2023, 01:27 PM

30 posts, read 31,101 times

Advertisements

So I viewed an apt last week and I noticed that the entrance to the elevators for the other tower was closed off (obv cause they are still building that tower) BUT now I am wondering if there is a way to View an apt in the other tower when done even though I did state I would take the one they showed me. My paperwork is still under review with HPD. Would this be a red flag for them and then they bypass me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2023, 01:31 PM

200 posts, read 219,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala land View Post
So I viewed an apt last week and I noticed that the entrance to the elevators for the other tower was closed off (obv cause they are still building that tower) BUT now I am wondering if there is a way to View an apt in the other tower when done even though I did state I would take the one they showed me. My paperwork is still under review with HPD. Would this be a red flag for them and then they bypass me?
In which of the two are the higher lottery apartments located?

Old 04-22-2023, 02:13 PM

72 posts, read 78,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalala land View Post
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your log number? The tower that’s still being constructed behind this building is a totally separate building with different developers/management. Are you saying they’re connected inside?

It will have its own separate lottery, most likely end of this year. I would still move forward with the apartment you have now and then when the new building is open you can always go view the market rate apartments and enter that lottery as well.

Also, if you’re not happy with the apartment given, I don’t think it hurts to ask your marketing agent if there are other options before you move forward. They’ll most likely say no, but hey… there’s a chance the show you others.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:18 PM

13 posts, read 16,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecmcho View Post
Just to let everyone know, I just got a request to submit documentation, 2,xxx no cb, hopefully, many others will be contacted soon too. BTW, I’m a he.
congrats! are you able to tell me if you're high or low 2xxx? good luck with your journey.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:19 PM

13 posts, read 16,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faby22 View Post
Hi

I have not CB and my log#1800s which seems to be similra to your situation, did they contacted you? I am so anxious as most of us I am looking forward for a home somehow affordable in this city
have you been contacted yet? curious as i see 2xxx no pref heard back yesterday.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:21 PM

63 posts, read 88,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strm777 View Post
have you been contacted yet? curious as i see 2xxx no pref heard back yesterday.
I'm wondering the same. I'm 1xxx no preference and haven't heard anything yet.

Old 04-22-2023, 08:52 PM

111 posts, read 101,093 times
Very perplexing. Do the numbers mean anything at all?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCityGirl View Post
I'm wondering the same. I'm 1xxx no preference and haven't heard anything yet.

Old 04-22-2023, 09:07 PM

63 posts, read 88,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutrientRich View Post
Very perplexing. Do the numbers mean anything at all?!
They absolutely do. I'm wondering if this person (or someone in there household) has a preference they aren't aware of? Not sure.

Old 04-23-2023, 11:27 AM

504 posts, read 459,973 times
I’m log 14xx and haven’t heard a thing I don’t know how they called somebody without CB bc they didn’t get up to city workers yet

Old 04-23-2023, 08:00 PM

250 posts, read 221,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCityGirl View Post
They absolutely do. I'm wondering if this person (or someone in there household) has a preference they aren't aware of? Not sure.
That’s what am thinking too because my log is way lower than his and no contact and I think they are still on CB preference
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery