Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2023, 11:16 PM

8 posts, read 8,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantmom View Post
I wonder when they’re gonna put up the second tower on housing connect.
Hi there. I recently learned about this building and saw the news about the finishing up. So it is true that the second tower will have units too? Do we know how many?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2023, 04:34 AM

72 posts, read 78,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsfrank4you View Post
Hi there. I recently learned about this building and saw the news about the finishing up. So it is true that the second tower will have units too? Do we know how many?
Yes! Funny enough, these buildings were supposed to be completed at the same time, but you know, Covid happened.

It’s supposed to include 55 units, referenced on page 63 of the below link. Not as many as this building, but still gives people who missed out a little bit of hope! For CB4 members this doc also includes past and other upcoming projects as well. I like to search for it through nyc.gov every year for updates.

606 West 30th Street:

40% AMI- 22
60% AMI- 22
100% AMI- 11

https://cbmanhattan.cityofnewyork.us...s-12.15.22.pdf

Old 04-12-2023, 11:01 AM

8 posts, read 8,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriNYC View Post
Yes! Funny enough, these buildings were supposed to be completed at the same time, but you know, Covid happened.

It’s supposed to include 55 units, referenced on page 63 of the below link. Not as many as this building, but still gives people who missed out a little bit of hope! For CB4 members this doc also includes past and other upcoming projects as well. I like to search for it through nyc.gov every year for updates.

606 West 30th Street:

40% AMI- 22
60% AMI- 22
100% AMI- 11

This was very helpful and insightful. Thank you for that!

Old 04-12-2023, 03:07 PM

2,027 posts, read 1,642,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsfrank4you View Post
This was very helpful and insightful. Thank you for that!
I second that. It’s a very comprehensive report on Community Board 4 Manhattan housing. ~160 pages with pictures, charts, tables, maps, building profiles, and so on. A good knowledge resource.

Old 04-13-2023, 10:39 AM

30 posts, read 31,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqa5164 View Post
I currently live 2 blocks away and routinely go for late night walks in the neighborhood. its far enough from Penn Station that all whatever happens over there doesnt make it this far over, but its also so far west that there really isnt anything going on. some nights its silent (i mean actually silent its weird). i find the neighborhood very safe. its also important to note that across the street theres a building that sold its penthouse for like $30M - so their security is very good at keeping the area clear. you can see their lobby from the lobby of this building. also, one block up (33rd st between 11 and WSH) the whole block is police cars so there's a station somewhere close.

i hope this info is helpful. if you havent been around at night i actually recommend checking it out. in the summer theres a lot going on at hudson yards. they do free concerts, popup bars, free movies on the weekends etc. its a lot of fun even if you dont live in the area!

good luck!

Those "cop" cars on 33 st and 11th ave are actually Traffic Agent cars. The closest precinct is Midtown South on 35 street btwn 8 & 9 Ave.

Old 04-13-2023, 03:25 PM

17 posts, read 19,015 times
Pretty sure I know the answer to this question but here goes: I currently live in CB4, but my lease ends in June and I might move to a different CB. At that moment I would have to update my address in HousingConnect and I would lose CB preference right?

Old 04-13-2023, 04:51 PM

105 posts, read 88,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc1717 View Post
Pretty sure I know the answer to this question but here goes: I currently live in CB4, but my lease ends in June and I might move to a different CB. At that moment I would have to update my address in HousingConnect and I would lose CB preference right?
Yes

Old 04-13-2023, 05:23 PM

2,027 posts, read 1,642,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc1717 View Post
You should evaluate if you a near to getting an offer with CB preference here. Start by examining how many units you qualify for. Also, if you log# is low enough you might be offered a unit AFTER the CB preference has been filled no matter where you’re live.

If you really think CB will be the difference you can explore extending you lease or taken a new lease where you are or elsewhere in CB which is a big place.

Old 04-13-2023, 07:07 PM

17 posts, read 19,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
You should evaluate if you a near to getting an offer with CB preference here. Start by examining how many units you qualify for. Also, if you log# is low enough you might be offered a unit AFTER the CB preference has been filled no matter where you’re live.

If you really think CB will be the difference you can explore extending you lease or taken a new lease where you are or elsewhere in CB which is a big place.
Thanks! I appreciate the thorough response. My log is 24,xxx. So not amazing, especially with how slow they seem to be moving. I think I have a good chance with CB but it seems like it’ll take several more months. I suppose they might still reach me in general pop, but not super likely.

I will definitely explore options to stay in CB4, but staying at my current place is not very likely.

Old 04-15-2023, 04:15 AM

59 posts, read 64,916 times
Thanks to everyone who responded, I really appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery