Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2023, 12:05 PM

200 posts, read 219,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc1717 View Post
Oh I should’ve clarified “6,xxx with CB”. Do you have any preference?
not CB, but other
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2023, 06:16 PM

17 posts, read 19,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWhatUsedToBe View Post
not CB, but other
Based on what people have been posting here, it looks like they’re only doing CB right now, and have reached up to 6,xxx only.

Old 03-04-2023, 08:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc1717 View Post
Oh I should’ve clarified “6,xxx with CB”. Do you have any preference?
Quick question (sorry if this has been answered). Do they go through entire CB logs first, then jump to the regular log numbers once CB is completely finished?

Just trying to figure out as someone with no preference and a log in the 2,xxx range, if there's any hope LOL. I've always thought anything in 1,000 range and above is a long shot.

Old 03-04-2023, 10:01 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,453,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker328 View Post
Quick question (sorry if this has been answered). Do they go through entire CB logs first, then jump to the regular log numbers once CB is completely finished?

Just trying to figure out as someone with no preference and a log in the 2,xxx range, if there's any hope LOL. I've always thought anything in 1,000 range and above is a long shot.
Not always, every agency does it differently. They are allowed to process preference and non-preference at the same time as long as the set-aside of units has been made for the preference folks.

Logs 1000+ can definitely have a good chance if the building is larger, and the AMIs higher. Overall, it's really hard to predict.

Old 03-05-2023, 11:08 PM

44 posts, read 44,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqa5164 View Post
Does anyone know what "Pending" means as a status? My application no longer says "Applies" in the corner, it says "Pending" now. Has anyone seen this and know what it means?
ok i spoke to someone at fifth ave council on friday and they said it means i should be getting a request for documents. i’m bing cautiously optimistic. i will keep you all posted if i hear anything else. fingers crossed!

Old 03-06-2023, 09:29 AM

7 posts, read 7,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean.nyc View Post
Hi! Fingers crossed for you! Hoping you get contacted by the leasing team soon. Please do inform us when you are. I'm sure it'll be alright!

When do you wish to move in?

My submission was delayed because the agent asked for more docs. I was just informed today that they will submit my documents finally to HPD. Really hoping for the best!!!
Hi!
This forum has been so helpful as a first time applicant. My log number is 3*** with CB Preference. I believe from your post that both our files were sent to HPD on the same day, the 13th. I was wondering if you have heard anything back yet, because I have not and I know most people hear within 14 days. Hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advance and good luck, hopefully we will be neighbors soon!

Old 03-07-2023, 10:07 AM

41 posts, read 43,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky117 View Post
Hi!
This forum has been so helpful as a first time applicant. My log number is 3*** with CB Preference. I believe from your post that both our files were sent to HPD on the same day, the 13th. I was wondering if you have heard anything back yet, because I have not and I know most people hear within 14 days. Hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks in advance and good luck, hopefully we will be neighbors soon!
Hi! Also in the same log number range, with CB. I followed up last week and they said there were HPD delays in reviewing so they said to give it another week. I'm so nervous!! Please also let me know if you've heard back from them. I could really use the delay since my lease isn't up yet, but hoping to hear back and have some good news soon!

Old 03-07-2023, 02:17 PM

7 posts, read 7,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean.nyc View Post
Hi! Also in the same log number range, with CB. I followed up last week and they said there were HPD delays in reviewing so they said to give it another week. I'm so nervous!! Please also let me know if you've heard back from them. I could really use the delay since my lease isn't up yet, but hoping to hear back and have some good news soon!
Hi! Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it. I called HPD today and they essentially told me the same thing. I’m nervous as well but it’s good that we know the reason for the delay. I will definitely update when I hear back, please do the same. I am actually hoping we hear back soon as my lease is up in a few weeks. Quite the opposite problem lol! Either way fingers crossed.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:21 AM

41 posts, read 43,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky117 View Post
Hi! Thanks for sharing. I appreciate it. I called HPD today and they essentially told me the same thing. I’m nervous as well but it’s good that we know the reason for the delay. I will definitely update when I hear back, please do the same. I am actually hoping we hear back soon as my lease is up in a few weeks. Quite the opposite problem lol! Either way fingers crossed.
Thank you for calling!! I appreciate the confirmation that there was a delay lol. I hope we hear back in the next few days or next week latest. I'll let you know!

Old 03-08-2023, 09:49 AM

22 posts, read 14,716 times
Anyone know how far along the building is in filling up CB?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery