Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2023, 02:47 PM

126 posts, read 214,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildAboutHarry View Post
Re ‘ deny the apartment for a number of reasons ’, the Rent is too high, and/or the apartment is too small. Just because it’s a lottery apt doesn’t always mean it’s a good value for each person who gets an offer for it. This would tend to be more so at higher AMI%.
This exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2023, 05:56 AM

2 posts, read 2,571 times
Hey guys I got my notice to submit in October, submitted by end of October, everything was going well for a few days and then strange stuff started to happen.

I'm self employed but work steadily for two clients so I was somewhat ready for the bs that the self Employed normally face in these situations, but even at that things have taken several weird turns;

1. I was sent a Self Employment verification form for another building that Fifth Ave Committee is handling the lottery for. I filled it out and sent it back and at first I didn't think anything of it until I didn't hear back from the agent for 3 weeks so I reached out. She was combative and asked me to justify the figures I put down even though I had already done that and explained why they were there. She never apologized for sending me another building's application form but she commented on what I had put in it so I know it was fully intentional.

Old 03-10-2023, 05:57 AM

2 posts, read 2,571 times
Typed alot more that got cut off.

Old 03-10-2023, 04:35 PM

50 posts, read 47,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1471 View Post
Hi everyone I have CB preferences 13,XXX log number (listed on the excel sheet). Last time I spoke to the agency they only reached out to up to 5k CB. I tried calling them back to see what log they reached but was unsuccessful in getting a hold of someone. Does anyone know what log number they are at or can give them a call and get an update? I do know disability preference units are already filled up. Any update will help. Wondering if they are reaching out in batch’s of 5k
How do you know disability preference is filled up?

Old 03-10-2023, 06:25 PM

65 posts, read 82,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
How do you know disability preference is filled up?
I called a few times and finally got ahold of the project manager. She said disability was filled.
Try giving them a call see where they’re are in the log for each preference.
I don’t want to keep calling them; I believe there’s only one person working all the applications.

Old 03-11-2023, 04:33 PM

126 posts, read 214,263 times
Quote:
I called a few times and finally got ahold of the project manager. She said disability was filled.
I don’t want to keep calling them; I believe there’s only one person working all the applications.
That would be great if someone called for an update to see where we are at with Log numbers

Old 03-11-2023, 07:06 PM

44 posts, read 44,149 times
they’re at 6k. someone in here with log 6k has been called, i have log 7k and have not been

Old 03-12-2023, 11:53 AM

50 posts, read 47,292 times
Quote:
Thank you so much. Is it worth calling if disability units are all filled? I think I’m able to drop the preference but my log is 25xxx so highly unlikely. Are you able to share the number to call?

Old 03-13-2023, 09:00 AM

30 posts, read 35,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itgirl1979 View Post
Typed alot more that got cut off.
Do you mind sharing the rest that was cut off? I also have self-employment income, so I'm curious as to what exactly happened in your case. Thank you!

Old 03-13-2023, 05:43 PM

13 posts, read 16,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR76 View Post
Thank you so much. Is it worth calling if disability units are all filled? I think I’m able to drop the preference but my log is 25xxx so highly unlikely. Are you able to share the number to call?
How does one "drop" a preference? I'm mobility preference 3xxx and waiting. If the disability units are filled up will I just be considered GP? Hoping this is the case as my log is pretty low.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery