Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2023, 11:44 AM

63 posts, read 37,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
My apartment has the lottery finishes. On the side of the stove, there is a huge empty space. I added a countertop on my own (my brother did it). The lack of ceiling light is a little annoying but I got some standing lamps from Amazon and in my son's room, I installed a track light (plug-in).

My friends moved in August and got a Classic Finish (brand new appliances). So it depends on the previous tenant. My previous tenant was in the apartment for 20+ years, so I got the lottery finish like Sabavoon. The bathrooms in my case have new toilets, refinished tub, painted tiles (it is peeling a little) and linoleum floors in the bathroom and kitchen. The wood floor was refinished. If you get a Classic or Platinum finish you should get a microwave (STPCV is not going to remove it and leave a huge gap on the top of the stove.

The Interior Design FB group has lots of ideas about sprucing up the bare lottery kitchen.
Thanks for your reply! I'm going to assume since my apt was updated with the modern finishes, it will stay that way, but I will hopefully find out on Sunday when they said I can tour it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2023, 12:09 PM

283 posts, read 281,819 times
If there was a window on the wall it would have automatically added a lot of space to the kitchen. But I am happy. will think about a good option for the lights on ceilings ( maybe the sky night light) and add a counter top to kitchen. There are a lot of space to fill here as well coming from a small sudio to an actual one bedroom feels amazing

Old 10-02-2023, 12:11 PM

40 posts, read 30,395 times
I live in an affordable housing lottery apartment at Waterside Plaza and they give tours of the apartments before you sign the lease. They actually give you a tour of all the available apartments in the size you were selected for, and you can state your preference. Stuytown's no tour explanation doesn't really make sense.

Old 10-02-2023, 12:21 PM

283 posts, read 281,819 times
They provide tour when they determine your eligibility. They told me that i could get a tour. At the time I chose not to do the tour first and did the tour after signing the lease because I was really excited about the place.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:57 PM

171 posts, read 184,266 times
If your lottery apartment was already updated they won't rip that out and put in the standard lottery finishes. You may or may not end up with new appliances. I'm in a 2021 lottery apartment that had the platinum reno, my neighbors said it was empty for 2+ years before I moved in. I don't know if the reno was done for the previous tenant or while it was sitting empty. I got a sneak peek before I moved in and they were installing the closets shelves, painting, etc.. I was in and out in less than 3 minutes but it was nice to see the place.

I think that empty space in the Peter Cooper lottery finish kitchens is actually a good spot to put in what works best for you, there's so much you can do there. Counter top bar/seating, floor to ceiling pantry cabinet, etc..

Old 10-02-2023, 07:37 PM

4,783 posts, read 6,586,858 times
Wow, that's great you got the platinum finish in a lottery apartment! Are the ACs through the wall?

Old 10-02-2023, 09:11 PM

171 posts, read 184,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Wow, that's great you got the platinum finish in a lottery apartment! Are the ACs through the wall?
Yes, the ACs are through the wall though they look like they are on the older side and noisier than what I had in my previous apartment. They work well though at the cooling the rooms so I don't complain.

Old 10-03-2023, 05:06 AM

66 posts, read 51,994 times
1 Bed, 1 Bath
15 Stuyvesant Oval, Apt 03H
Available Now
$3388.07
Min Income Required: $116,162.46
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=fmM7UiLjYkB

2 Bed, 1 Bath
515 East 14th Street, Apt 02F
Available Now
$4512.11
Min Income Required: $154,700.94

Old 10-03-2023, 05:39 AM

63 posts, read 37,763 times
My apartment is the modern finish which is very nice and also has the wine fridge (which I will need after this move!) - I'm happy to hear that they will not take down my kitchen and install a lottery kitchen.

Old 10-03-2023, 06:36 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,902,326 times
which finish is that with the light wood and white appliances?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery