Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2023, 05:25 AM

271 posts, read 308,895 times

Advertisements

One is available now:

1 Bed, 1 Bath
647 East 14th Street, Apt 02C
Available Now
$2348.28
Min Income Required: $80,512.44
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2023, 06:28 AM

200 posts, read 209,854 times
Map of Stuytown at link. If you zoom in you can see the apartment letters and therefore which direction the apartment faces. Hope it’s helpful!

https://imgur.io/gallery/tmO4Aq4

Old 09-25-2023, 06:29 AM

66 posts, read 52,141 times
3 Bed, 1 Bath
15 Stuyvesant Oval, Apt Unit 03B
Available Now
$4189.74
Min Income Required: $143,648.27

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=RQTs2EXDWXQ

Old 09-25-2023, 06:31 AM

66 posts, read 52,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post
Map of Stuytown at link. If you zoom in you can see the apartment letters and therefore which direction the apartment faces. Hope it’s helpful!

Oooh wow!! This is great. Thank you so much for posting!

Old 09-25-2023, 06:55 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,604,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blus19 View Post

Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Apartment 3D in 15 Oval is a true three-bedroom and has the extra walls, making the living room into a sleeping area if desired. The primary bedroom has a walk-in closet, and the original floors appear to be nicely refinished. The main rooms face the basketball court, so you will hear balls bouncing in nice weather.

Old 09-25-2023, 08:38 AM

199 posts, read 221,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurryHillMomma View Post
I'm sorry I'm just seeing your message now - thank you so much for your insight - I have a 10 year old daughter at PS116 who will most likely be going to Baruch next year. We were down there a few weeks ago and she was like "omg the new playground is AMAZING". She's also a figure skater and on a skating team at Chelsea Piers, so having the skating rink at Stuytown will be really amazing to have for extra practices. Thank you so much b/c I was concerned about the stories about package deliveries!
She is going to have a blast at the skating rink and so many kids attend Baruch so she is going to be around her friends all the time. STPCV have great Facebook groups as well (Stuytown Moms, Community Giving and and Interior Design Group). They are all run by wonderful community members.

Old 09-25-2023, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
I am moving into the apartment next Saturday.In initial documents it was saying one month security deposit but they use obligo and the default is $1000 and if you qualify with obligo you dont have to pay that (just a service fee).

I think you shouldnt worry about getting into apartments if your income is within range. The process hopefully will go smoothly for you as it went for me. I dont think they will accept cookies. You can always bring the cookies to the forum people. We will wholeheartedly accept and enjoy ur cookies.
I met wonderful people from the forum, and we dropped off flowers and a cake for the office staff once we moved. They were so happy to get a thank you note and some cake

Old 09-25-2023, 08:52 AM

283 posts, read 283,680 times
This is a great idea to give them thank you note once moving into the apartment. I am planning to deliver them thank you note with some delicious cookies as well. But i think it is not a good idea to do it when they are still processing your application.

BTW, when I got my tour, I told them the frustration of people with this type of lottery and how it will discriminate against a lot of people so they could send it to higher ups and hopefully in future they fix their lottery method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
I met wonderful people from the forum, and we dropped off flowers and a cake for the office staff once we moved. They were so happy to get a thank you note and some cake

Old 09-25-2023, 09:08 AM

[quote=Sabavoon;65872166]This is a great idea to give them thank you note once moving into the apartment. I am planning to deliver them thank you note with some delicious cookies as well. But i think it is not a good idea to do it when they are still processing your application.

BTW, when I got my tour, I told them the frustration of people with this type of lottery and how it will discriminate against a lot of people so they could send it to higher ups and hopefully in future they fix their lottery method.[/QUOTE

Yes you are right. Before might not be appropriate.

I am always wondering if the city council should be notified about this Hunger Games lottery. This is so unfair to the elderly and people without computer access during the morning hours.

Old 09-25-2023, 09:13 AM

283 posts, read 283,680 times
I benefited the most from this hunger game lottery but i still think it is not a good idea. I think city council will put a pause the lottery system, and if they do that it will take the stuytown probably a few months to a year to reorganize and do this other type if there is no legal action. And that way probably no one will get into these apartments. so hard decision to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery