Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2023, 09:36 AM

25 posts, read 24,071 times

Advertisements

Wow, congrats to you!! That living room alone looks larger than my entire studio!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2023, 11:29 AM

3,133 posts, read 2,728,507 times
Nice treetop view there. Hard work pays off!

Old 09-22-2023, 12:01 PM

134 posts, read 85,413 times
Beautiful view and great location! Congrats! And well deserved!

Old 09-22-2023, 12:07 PM

532 posts, read 414,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabavoon View Post
BTW I saw my apartment yesterday and it is massive and gorgeous inside and worth the wait. I shared video of my apartment in case anyone want to see how it looks like.
Don't get discouraged, as long as they have the list up there is a chance.

[vimeo]867208764[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/867208764?share=copy
best wishes for your new home,

sounds and looks very tranquil, cozy, and peaceful. And the video gives a good idea about how spacious the unit is, it could literally be flexed into a 2-bed apartment.

Old 09-22-2023, 12:15 PM

282 posts, read 279,798 times
I was joking to a friend that I could give him the walk in closet and it would be larger than his bedroom right now. The place is huge, I dont think that i would turn it into flex though even if I was allowed. The place is great as it is right now.

Old 09-22-2023, 12:39 PM

532 posts, read 414,009 times
Quote:
I was joking to a friend that I could give him the walk in closet and it would be larger than his bedroom right now. The place is huge, I dont think that i would turn it into flex though even if I was allowed. The place is great as it is right now.
Yup, I was kidding. But there's so much room you could host and entertain well and have amazing gatherings if that's something you want to do.

Old 09-22-2023, 06:55 PM

4,771 posts, read 6,563,439 times
And we all expect to be invited to said gathering!

What I love about your apartment is that you have an extra window on the side wall of the living room that the AC fits into. Then you have an unobstructed view from the large window.

Old 09-24-2023, 09:20 AM

63 posts, read 37,543 times
Quote:
Congrats to you! walk in closet! - which is such an amazing feature! It's nice to see there is some justice in this world getting a beautiful apartment like this at a reasonable price! Video was lovely! All the best to you! Which building is it again? I applied to 440 E 23rd 14D, waiting on this week for news myself!

Old 09-24-2023, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I am moving into the apartment next Saturday.In initial documents it was saying one month security deposit but they use obligo and the default is $1000 and if you qualify with obligo you dont have to pay that (just a service fee).

I think you shouldnt worry about getting into apartments if your income is within range. The process hopefully will go smoothly for you as it went for me. I dont think they will accept cookies. You can always bring the cookies to the forum people. We will wholeheartedly accept and enjoy ur cookies.
Forum people are the best! I just saw your video and commented on it - you're in 510, I applied for 440 - we may be neighbors soon! All the best with your move!

Old 09-24-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPNYC View Post
I have been in PCV since last October, and the package situation is not terrible. Amazon delivers at your door 80% of the time. Other carriers leave in the lobby; I never had a package missing. Also, Fresh Direct and Instacart deliver to your front door. I think the theft is less frequent because most PCV lobbies face the courtyard, and it is hard to see the packages from outside. PCV with children is a dream. The new playground is a hit with my 10-year-old son despite being super crowded.
I'm sorry I'm just seeing your message now - thank you so much for your insight - I have a 10 year old daughter at PS116 who will most likely be going to Baruch next year. We were down there a few weeks ago and she was like "omg the new playground is AMAZING". She's also a figure skater and on a skating team at Chelsea Piers, so having the skating rink at Stuytown will be really amazing to have for extra practices. Thank you so much b/c I was concerned about the stories about package deliveries!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery