Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2023, 08:53 AM

8 posts, read 5,158 times

Advertisements

Anyone know who I can file a complaint with for the horrible lottery experience.
- No one answers the phone or answers emails!!!!! And that is the best of it...
- Submitted all of my paperwork waited weeks - finally reached out again only to find out ”oops” we need one more thing from you.
- Thats done - now obligo - get the link to my cell phone and I cant make the deposits. HOURS on the phone with obligo and tech support- oops my contact from Stuytown inputted the wrong email address. Tried for days to reach him and no answers to phone calls or emails. Had to fix it MYSELF.
- Next I get an email asking me to fill out the ”attached” form - no form attached to the email - Days of calls and emails pass.
- Now I'm three days to move in - NO LEASE YET. Multiple calls and emails - none answered. FINALLY response - please check you Spam. Obviously they didn't read any of the emails - I did that already. Another day goes by - OH guess what, they sent my lease to the wrong email AGAIN.
- Got an email offering me a walk through. I select a date and time - it is today - NOPE no answer, no confirmation, no return call, no return email. AH after leaving desperate voice messages and emails - sorry I'm not going to be in the office today I cant show you the apartment.
By the way I move in on Saturday and have recieved NO instructions for picking up keys or anything else. I hope no one else is experiencing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 09:26 AM

283 posts, read 281,819 times
I am so sorry you had a bad experience. i had a good experience with the moving in so far. I have scheduled everything and everything moved smoothly. It seems that you have the lease now. There are more than one site that you have to do the works with. To get your keys you should schedule it in https://my.moved.com/ check all your emails for email from residents@moved.com. If not just call welcome center for the moving process. You have to schedule your moving ahead of time , you will be picking your keys from stuytown registration office where is if I am not wrong at 250 1st Ave. Also you can pick your keys the day before moving or on moving date. They need your headshot for key card as well so make sure you have a picture available. As long as I know obligo is different than the stuytown lottery department. I had some issues with it as well but had to use live chat to fix those issues. I am moving in on saturday as well so i dont know how smooth moving in will be. your truck can only be parked in one of these locations "1st Ave Loop, 20th St Loop, Avenue C Loop, or Peter Cooper Road"I am glad that you got the lease finally and hopefully wouldn't move out in long time. As far as where to complain, I dont know where you can complain honestly. The whole lottery process is very messy, I am glad that my process went very smooth and fast and i wouldn't have stress about housing after moving into the place.

Old 09-27-2023, 10:29 AM

4,783 posts, read 6,586,858 times
hbcassy, if I were you, I wouldn't complain until you actually sign the lease and get your keys, but you can try:

Affordable Housing Lottery Helpline: 212-863-7990
Email: nychousingconnect@hpd.nyc.gov

Personally, I have always had good results by contacting my City Council person's office, but your mileage may vary.

Have you also tried going to the rental office in person?

I hope you're able to move in on Saturday and that you enjoy living here!

Last edited by macnyc2003; 09-27-2023 at 10:50 AM..

Old 09-27-2023, 03:22 PM

8 posts, read 5,158 times
Thanks. all! My lease is signed but I'll wait until I move in complain. As mentioned my leasing agent sent my lease to the wrong email address and that was discovered only because I kept sending emails and voice messages that I was concerned. I'm also upset because of all the personal information on that lease that was just sent to the wrong email. Plus that it was the second time he used the wrong email address for me. The same was the cause of the problem with Obligo as he entered the wrong email on that also. I went to the welcome center today to arrange key pick.... the saga continues.... he never entered my move into the system. They have no info that I'm moving in and were asking me about my "welcome" information packet - which of course I never received. I'm glad I am the only person who seems to be experiencing these issues.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:45 PM

134 posts, read 85,901 times
I’m also moving this Saturday. I did asked the same questions a few times before I got an answer but for the most part, the process was better than I expected it to be.

Old 09-27-2023, 09:47 PM

134 posts, read 85,901 times
I have another concern, bedbugs related. I’m not sure it’s my ignorance on the subject but I’m a bit weary of the fact that the building I’m moving into was marked as bedbug infested in the past year. Several floors were affected. Is this a NYC thing or something I should be concerned about and take precautions against?

Old 09-28-2023, 03:58 AM

Can you please post the bedbug link? I’m only seeing an old one, with no current info.

Yes, I have started to read about bedbugs on the Facebook page for one of the groups. It is a terrible thing to live through, and everyone in a multifamily building is at risk. I don’t know how effectively Blackstone has been managing the problem.

In general, I have seen a lack of awareness on the part of residents. We have “bulk pickup” areas in ST and PCV where residents leave furniture and other large items to be discarded. Many people will take items from these areas that look good up to their apartments. I have heard of people even doing this with mattresses and upholstered furniture.

Keeping furniture out of landfills is certainly a worthy goal, but there is a risk.

I know I haven’t answered your question, but there is a lot of information online about avoiding bedbugs, such as plugging up electrical outlets and using diatomaceous earth, that you can access.

Last edited by macnyc2003; 09-28-2023 at 04:18 AM..

Old 09-28-2023, 05:02 AM

66 posts, read 51,994 times
1 Bed, 1 Bath
15 Stuyvesant Oval, Apt 03H
Available Now
$3388.07
Min Income Required: $116,162.46

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=fmM7UiLjYkB

Old 09-28-2023, 06:16 AM

66 posts, read 51,994 times
2 Bed, 2 Bath
8 Peter Cooper Road, Apt 14B
Available Now
$4344.59
Min Income Required: $148,957.42

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=oyQx6rGUXc2

Old 09-28-2023, 06:48 AM

To me, that two-bedroom posted above at 8 Peter Cooper Road is a great deal. High floor, direct river view, two bathrooms. It’s a mystery to me why this one keeps coming around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery