Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 05:51 PM

4 posts, read 17,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBurke View Post
Hi everyone,
I received a 90 on the senior portion of the exam and a 95 on the entry level portion. As of December 16th, I received my first inquiry letter from Buffalo. The next day I received one from White Plains, and a week later Albany and then finally Saratoga Springs. I said yes to all, because I have no desire to stay here in Brokelyn. I did have to email the court analyst in Albany in order to confirm that I am willing to be interviewed, because she noticed that I am in NYC. Still waiting on my interview dates. Wishing everyone the best of luck
Feel free to ask questions
Hi McBurke,

Congrats on the canvass letters. If you don't mind me asking what rank are you on the list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 05:52 PM

3 posts, read 15,400 times
so glad I found this post I too took the exam scored a 90 and ranked 523 I received canvass letters from JD3 andJD8, I live in Buffalo but would really like to relocate to Albany. Does anyone have any suggestions or idea what the process is going forward in regards to JD3?

Old 01-14-2015, 07:36 PM

4 posts, read 17,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraesea View Post
so glad I found this post I too took the exam scored a 90 and ranked 523 I received canvass letters from JD3 andJD8, I live in Buffalo but would really like to relocate to Albany. Does anyone have any suggestions or idea what the process is going forward in regards to JD3?
Yes, I know it's cool that I found this page, too. I was wondering if anyone would like to create a facebook page where we can all keep each other informed?

Old 01-15-2015, 06:29 AM

3 posts, read 15,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynlatina76 View Post
Yes, I know it's cool that I found this page, too. I was wondering if anyone would like to create a facebook page where we can all keep each other informed?
I think that is a good idea just to give people some insight as too what this process is

Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 8,281 times
I'm glad I found this page. I passed the exam with a 97.5. Rank 12. My location prefernces is for 9th JD. So far I haven't received any canvass letters. Is there anyone who has received a canvass letter from 9th JD for the senior exam 45-783?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:40 AM

23 posts, read 121,681 times
earlier in this thread someone named McBurke with a lower score than yours said s/he had been called to what I think is the 9th. Go back and look to see if I am correct.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:49 AM

7 posts, read 26,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynlatina76 View Post
Hi McBurke,

Congrats on the canvass letters. If you don't mind me asking what rank are you on the list?
Hi, for some reason I thought that I would be updated by e-mail every time someone replies to this post. Any who, I am 436 for senior court office assistant and 359 for the other one. And thank you!!!

Last edited by MCBurke; 01-27-2015 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add common courtesy sentence

Old 01-27-2015, 07:32 PM

7 posts, read 28,244 times
Chasingmoons I got canvassed for the 9th judicial district back in December. I accepted the interview but have not heard back yet on a date. I scored a 95. My preferences were in NYC but haven't recieved anything yet from NYC yet. You should contact them to find out if they have your correct contact information

Old 02-07-2015, 06:42 PM

3 posts, read 11,427 times
Never really used one of these I just usually read. However I live in NYC and I also took the exam back in May. Received my results in November with a score of 91.5 and a rank of 757. I didn't receive any letters to my knowledge. Does anyone know if they'll get to rank 757 or if anyone close to that rank has received a letter. I'm currently in my last semester of college and I'm anxious to hear something back from the courts.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:20 AM

2 posts, read 8,190 times
I was wondering how to see the recently established court assistant exam list ? My daughter took it and scored a 88 not sure if she will ever be called . If that mark is to low , hmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City