Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 AM

11 posts, read 69,840 times

Advertisements

No, I haven't taken a position. Thankfully, I am still being canvassed. I will make a decision soon before this list expires.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 08:02 AM

7 posts, read 22,924 times
Congrats to everyone that have been sent a canvas letter or interviewed. I just received a letter on April 3rd and I had to respond by April 10th. The appointment was permanent for senior court Assistant from Jd 8. I scored in the high 80',I'm wondering would anybody have information on how I would be able to decipher exactly which county is hiring all the counties in jd 8 where listed. My ability to accept any position will be determined by the county.We own our home in the area, have children and my husband works near by. I cannot working in some of the counties listed due to the distance.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:37 AM

7 posts, read 28,244 times
After you accept and send back the letter the counties that are hiring will call you for an interview. You have the option of accepting or declining the interview. However don't expect a call from all. They will call you if they feel your resume is strong enough for what they are looking for as each court house might have different needs. You just have to wait.

Old 04-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Thank you for the response.I have one more quick question if you don't mind answering,if one of the counties that I cannot work at calls respectfully I would have to decline the interview with that in any way interfere with receiving other calls from counties I may be able to work at? thanks again for the response from earlier this is actually the first civil service exam I have taken so besides the information I have been able to find on the internet I'm pretty clueless to the process

Old 04-10-2015, 12:07 PM

7 posts, read 28,244 times
No it will not affect your chances at another county or even at the same county for future positions.

Old 04-10-2015, 05:16 PM

Ok thank you again

Old 04-11-2015, 07:32 AM

is it normal to have a starting date listed on the canvas letter?

Old 04-13-2015, 07:22 PM

2 posts, read 8,095 times
I ranked 340 and received letters from Nassau & Suffolk with May / June hiring. I have 29 yrs with the gov't and would need to be offered an early out to make a move. This may not happen for quite a few months. Should I say I'm not interested but keep me on the list? What are the chances they will call me back or should I say yes then explain the situation if I'm called for an interview? Any advice is deeply appreciated!

Old 04-17-2015, 03:23 PM

Have anyone else been called for interview yet

Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,163 times
Angelbaby1212 what was your rank if you mind me asking. I ranked 806 on court assistant. I didn't take the senior assistant (though I should have). I put down Nassau, Suffolk, and the city as my options for hire. I haven't received anything yet but I am hoping I do soon. Also was your rank for assistant or senior assistant. I know the ranks are different for each.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City