Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 11:12 PM

23 posts, read 121,681 times

Advertisements

Just what does -canvassed by every single court upstate- mean?
How many did you sign up to be available for?
What kind of score did you get that you got called so quickly?
I know of someone who got mail from the Brooklyn area 2 weeks ago.
She is wondering if anyone knows what the interviews entail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 10:05 AM

6 posts, read 28,090 times
what was your rank on the list?

Old 01-02-2015, 08:48 PM

7 posts, read 28,244 times
I got canvassed from the 3rd- 9th Judicial Court including the Court of Claims. I only signed up for NYC, Nassau, Suffolk and 9th Judicial District. I started getting canvassed about 2 weeks after we received our score. I scored a 95 on the exam. What was your friends rank Nom de Plumb?

Old 01-02-2015, 10:02 PM

I didn't get her rank. But she scored a 98. I will ask her on Monday and let you know.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:03 AM

5 posts, read 13,111 times
Hi all,

This is my first experience with UCS. I usually only do county and city civil service (in Rochester). I scored at 92.5 and ranked at 276. I was canvassed on Dec 11 by 7JD and 8JD on Dec 12. Since I am up here, those were my two preferences. I have some of the same "concerns" someone else had ...I make more than the starting salary but I did read the CSEA contract and I think I would ramp up faster than the private sector with waaaay better benefits and all around career potential. I did put downstate as a preference because I desperately want to move downstate but this salary seems tough for that cost of living. I could survive on it at least in Rochester because it sucks up here to begin with (that is a separate conversation).

Anyone know if you decline a certain county within the JD are you removed from consideration for the entire JD?

Old 01-06-2015, 11:18 PM

4 posts, read 17,815 times
Hi everyone,

My first time taking the test also. I scored an 80 and I swore I would ace it but oh well. My rank is 27**. Do you think there is a chance for me or I shouldn't even hope?

Old 01-07-2015, 01:39 PM

5 posts, read 13,111 times
I'm not sure, assuming your looking for NYC area JD. Since I am upstate, I'm not sure if there is a huge difference in competition but taking population into account, I assume that it is.

I almost ran out of time, I finished with 8 minutes left on the clock. I honestly thought I would score higher also. I was surprised at the .5 at the end of the score. Locally, the scores are in multiples of five only not actual raw scores. I desperately hope this works out because I hate my job right now. I am trying to hold off on applying elsewhere because if UCS wants me I know I am going to quit. I dont know anybody who works there so I have no idea how long this process takes.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:26 PM

4 posts, read 17,815 times
Does anyone know how many people they will call off this list or and idea?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:54 PM

The following is my understanding, not Gospel.
The list is good for four years and maybe one more if no new test is given to succeed this one by that time. When a position needs filling, the first 3 names on the list in rank order are presented to the JD that needs to fill a spot. After an interview, someone from the three, if appropriate, is selected and then the other two go back on the list to be called again in the future.

Old 01-12-2015, 08:50 PM

7 posts, read 26,978 times
Default Sr. Court Office Assistant exam

Hi everyone,
I received a 90 on the senior portion of the exam and a 95 on the entry level portion. As of December 16th, I received my first inquiry letter from Buffalo. The next day I received one from White Plains, and a week later Albany and then finally Saratoga Springs. I said yes to all, because I have no desire to stay here in Brokelyn. I did have to email the court analyst in Albany in order to confirm that I am willing to be interviewed, because she noticed that I am in NYC. Still waiting on my interview dates. Wishing everyone the best of luck
Feel free to ask questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City