Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,690,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
He was probably locked up for lower level crimes like theft, assault, drugs...not homicide. He should be going there for a long time for this one though.
It's sort of like changing the locks on the door after the horse has escaped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 10:58 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
They caught the guy. Lock him up and throw away the key.
Man arrested in subway shoving that killed Bronx man - NY Daily News
Looks like he has personal problems with Asians. He should be charged with a hate crime as well as first degree murder. In any case I'm glad they caught him and I hope he's put away for life. He's a menace to civilized society.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:27 AM

5,147 posts, read 4,976,546 times
If one steps back and analyze the crimes committed by such low lives, one would wonder what motivated them into such behaviors? Apparently it is a high risk no gain behavior for them. Do they even have the basic brain power to assess the risk/reward on such events that will definitely get them into big trouble for life? Are the brains of this class of humans purely impulsive?

Do we have any neuroscientists here to provide some insights? We need some brain drugs to transform these ghetto thugs into real humans. Law and prison are only reactive and will never be able to eliminate the root of the problems associated with this species of primates.

Old 11-19-2014, 11:51 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,944,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
If one steps back and analyze the crimes committed by such low lives, one would wonder what motivated them into such behaviors? Apparently it is a high risk no gain behavior for them. Do they even have the basic brain power to assess the risk/reward on such events that will definitely get them into big trouble for life? Are the brains of this class of humans purely impulsive?

Do we have any neuroscientists here to provide some insights? We need some brain drugs to transform these ghetto thugs into real humans. Law and prison are only reactive and will never be able to eliminate the root of the problems associated with this species of primates.
Dont forget a waste of tax payer dollars.

Old 11-19-2014, 01:06 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:

Do a web search for black and/or ghetto pathology and you'll find a lot of interesting answers to your question.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:52 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,933,547 times
Quote:

Do some research on "anti-social personality disorder," which is not really considered treatable.

Old 11-19-2014, 04:38 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Do some research on "anti-social personality disorder," which is not really considered treatable.
I question that. Are you familiar with the peaceful, law-abiding Japanese? Their grandparents were all willing to die for the emperor, and the Japanese army was brutal in its conquest of China, Korea & the Philippines, & its dealing with British & Americans POWs. As for those friendly Scandinavians, they used to be known as the Vikings!
I don't think that any subdivision of the human race has a monopoly on either good or bad behavior. Even the wealthy blue bloods have their problem children. The percentages may vary, but the various problems cross all lines.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:08 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
I have indeed met a number of normal productive black people in real life and have seen plenty on TV, internet etc. The problem is they don't represent the majority of black people otherwise they wouldn't have so many problems and so much crime among them.

I've asked before, but is there even one significantly large black community (100,000+) in the entire US that has crime rates that are similar to the national average? I haven't been able to find one as yet and that's a big indicator as to how many problems blacks have that you can't even find one big low crime community among them for all of the US.
blacks who commit crimes to me is considered "black trash" the same way white criminals are seen as "white trash"

Old 11-19-2014, 05:09 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,933,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
I question that. Are you familiar with the peaceful, law-abiding Japanese? Their grandparents were all willing to die for the emperor, and the Japanese army was brutal in its conquest of China, Korea & the Philippines, & its dealing with British & Americans POWs. As for those friendly Scandinavians, they used to be known as the Vikings!
I don't think that any subdivision of the human race has a monopoly on either good or bad behavior. Even the wealthy blue bloods have their problem children. The percentages may vary, but the various problems cross all lines.
I must admit that I have no idea how that connects with anti-social personality disorder ... except that it is, admittedly, a specifically modern-era phenomenon - the world wars reference. Or diagnosis, in any case.

I just realized that you connect that with a race thing. How funny to read that into a psychiatric disorder. Few people even agree on its cause, but most agree that they know it when they see it after an incident like this.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:10 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:

all races have criminals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City