Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 AM

88 posts, read 261,665 times

Advertisements

Zactly all that needs to be done is common sense..stay away from the edge of the platform..and as for doin anything like ppl have mentioned..if u see someone murder someone in front of ppl ur 1st reaction or at least mine is to get away from the person..maybe try to get a pic to help the police but im not tackling that person who knows wat they are capable of. These ppl r sick and ib hope they find this lady and they shoulf fry her.. it amazes me how these so called mental ppl know how to run away and hide after theyve done something horrible..MOSIAC LAW EYE FOR A EYE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 08:19 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,986,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Yes it is.
Letting out schizophrenics while imprisoning people for marijuana possession is completely insane.
Are most schizophrenics violent to this disagree?

Don't get me wrong, if someone is violent, then yes, they do need to be put away. But I don't know that everyone who has a disorder needs to be locked away. It seems like people are close to wanting mentally ill people rounded up en mass and locked away.

I don't know about that, because it seems like it could lead to people who are just weird (but harmless) being locked away. And as for schizophrenics, are most of them violent like this? Because of the person isn't violent, wouldn't it be inhumane to just lock them up?

Old 12-29-2012, 08:28 AM

25,373 posts, read 37,093,283 times
Back in the day, it required a spouse and a doctor to agree on the need to hospitalize someone long term for schizophrenia and the criteria was usually that they are apt to harm themsselves or others without full time care.
Even now, it takes the consent of the person. The dicey part is that sometimes when consent is given it is hard to get retracted...becasyue the person is "incompetent."

Many have gone into the system and come out again when and if they improve.

Schizophrenia, defined pretty much as seeing and hearing things that are not there, is a pretty serious mental illness, unlike neurosis or depression. Perhaps waiting until a person pushes another into an oncoming train is waiting too long.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,053,361 times
I would of ran after her and choke her fat ass out.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:47 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,989,403 times
It's funny people all are thinking enough to snap photos of the one getting run over in cases like this but too frozen to do anything productive.

This woman was probably supposed to be on medication and she wasn't taking it. They can get delusional and see things that aren't there. These people are usually in and out of the system, especially if they have no family to take care of them. It's a very serious condition, one you sure as hell wouldn't want a life sentence dealing with.

They say it would cost a billion or two for fancy barriers like they use in Europe and Asia. MTA didn't go with the idea of a line feed so the driver could see the station ahead of him, too expensive, so they opted for some call box option. If some big shot had been pushed onto the tracks things would change but as its just an average person, it hardly matters to them. As they scoff, well the idiot should have been further back from the tracks. I would think even installing steel Mojo Barriers along part of the track could be helpful. A physical barrier even part way might make one more aware of how close they are, versus just the yellow line.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:12 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,695,036 times
this is starting to remind me of the Renee Katz tragedy in 1979 where a 17 year old music student was pushed onto the tracks in front of an oncoming E train at 50th street and 8th Avenue

Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,243,325 times
Cops nab suspect in Queens subway-push death - NYPOST.com

Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM

25,373 posts, read 37,093,283 times
Self Defencee department:
I have tried to look under the plaflorms (nervously) and it seems almost all of them are cantilevered over empyt space, easily large enough to hold even a very big person.
So if you find yourself on the tracks make your first thought getting off the tracks and UNDER the platform, even if you have to crawl.
Let them worry about getting you out later...when the trains are shut down.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:40 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,593,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
this is starting to remind me of the Renee Katz tragedy in 1979 where a 17 year old music student was pushed onto the tracks in front of an oncoming E train at 50th street and 8th Avenue
Yes she did some sort of bodyroll and lost only 1 hand.well you know what I mean. Only is just a figure of speech it's not meant to diminish the crime. the criminal as I understand the situation, meant for her to die. the victim did not die as i mentioned.she is alive today to tell the tale.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,695,036 times
was his name publicized? if it was I forgot his name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City