Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:44 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times

Advertisements

The other day I HAD to take to subway and it was a royal PITA! Smelly, rude people rubbing against you. Arhg.
Waited on the platform for 15 mins and when the danm thing came it was stuck midway in a tunnel for like another 15 min.
And now the new trend is psychos pushing people onto the tracks.

So many reasons for avoiding the subway as much as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
I feel the U.S. needs to reform it's mental health system because the lunatics are winning the war against civility in the city.

Madness, Deinstitutionalization & Murder

Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times

Old 12-28-2012, 12:19 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I feel the U.S. needs to reform it's mental health system because the lunatics are winning the war against civility in the city.

Madness, Deinstitutionalization & Murder

Thank Mr. Reagan for the sea-change.

Lily Tomlin's bag lady said it best: "I used to be crazy but then Ronald Reagan became president and now I'm SANE."

I'm older than most of you but well remember the system of State Hospitals where one could get cradle to grave decent care...AWAY from society. Having schizophrenics on the streets hearing commands from Hitler and Christ and their dog is NOT at the core of a decent society.
But as we approach a dog-eat-dog Dickensian society we will see more and more of this "acting out."

Last edited by Kefir King; 12-28-2012 at 12:30 PM..

Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,402,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Sorry but you are being extremely judgmental. It's easy to say if you were there you would have knocked out the lady out. You have no idea how your body would have responded to that incident. Also, how can you be sure this lady doesn't have a knife or a gun, etc. Trying to apprehend a person that just threw someone to his death can be pretty intimating and scary. This woman had nothing to lose which makes her extremely dangerous. The average human tries to avoid conflict.
Well you don't have to approach the lady if you are too afraid. How about just following the murderer and taking a picture of her so that the rest of the world can be a little safer? Is that too much to ask? All these cowards that saw this woman push this man did nothing? How can you accept that and just turn a blind eye? I'm sorry but you are speaking from a cowards perspective.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,404,247 times
they should have set all the innocent prisoners free.
instead they let loose all the insane. isn't that insane?

Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
What irritates me is how cowardly the witnesses were. They saw this woman push this man onto the tracks and not one person when after that murderer? I hope anyone who saw the woman and did nothing about is lives in shame for the rest of their lives. What is wrong with these cowards!?
Extremely selfish.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:42 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
What irritates me is how cowardly the witnesses were. They saw this woman push this man onto the tracks and not one person when after that murderer? I hope anyone who saw the woman and did nothing about is lives in shame for the rest of their lives. What is wrong with these cowards!?
I think it's a fair assumption that many were in shock. I think I'd be, too. This had to be horrifying.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:49 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
they should have set all the innocent prisoners free.
instead they let loose all the insane. isn't that insane?

Yes it is.
Letting out schizophrenics while imprisoning people for marijuana possession is completely insane.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
This is really a highly unusual and very rare event. And yes it is appauling, but let's take a step back and realize that you are far more likely to die in a car accident, or walking on the sidewalk than being pushed in the tracks.

There is no need to be "extra careful" anymore than being "extra careful" every time you read about a car accident...which would be just about every few minutes. These things happen, very rarely, and there is no need to change your routine or feel like it is more dangerous now than before.

What you should be doing now is what you should have been doing 1 year ago, 5 years ago, 20 years ago etc...always staying alert and staying away from the crazies. It's NYC remember...and has been for quite some time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City