Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 10:30 PM

448 posts, read 685,483 times

Advertisements

Some of y'all are really....................sad.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:36 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Did you see that "toy" gun in California? What a fool. That kid gets popped every time. The "militarization" of the police has absolutely nothing to do with that situation. You really expect the cops to do an expert analysis of AK-47 variants and recreations in the span of 1 second? FOOL.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:50 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
The Rev Al pimps the ladies, baby!! He has the pimp juice!!
hahaha, this guy is such a total scuzz ball

Old 07-21-2014, 08:49 AM

706 posts, read 1,042,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
hahaha, this guy is such a total scuzz ball
LOL. Rev Al the pimp. Dude lost 170 lbs going Vegan. He only wears Slim fit clothing...

Old 07-21-2014, 09:04 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,218,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
LOL. Rev Al the pimp. Dude lost 170 lbs going Vegan. He only wears Slim fit clothing...

He looks like a bobblehead...

Old 07-21-2014, 10:13 AM

68 posts, read 85,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Refusing to issue your ID is not grounds for an arrest; that is well within your right as a citizen. You do not consent to unlawful searched and seizures (4th Amendment), I'm sure that you have heard the saying before unless you have a warrant for such. You can actually tell an officer that you do not consent to present your ID due to the fact that you have not committed any criminal actions.

I did this when an officer accused me of not living at my current residence, I told this him and his partner. They didn't seem to like it and continued to ask for it and I continued to restate it even though I had my ID with me. I was serious as hell. I showed them my key and I pointed to my mail box and that was the end of it and that was my idea not theirs. They went on their way. He nodded his head with his lips curled up and said okay. I wish that I could have made friends with them because they were good officers. Even though they attended night school at my residence. They respected my request to have my rights respected. I haven't encountered anything since (2009). We can do it we just need to do it more often.

It doesn't get done enough.

Did the guy know his rights? Well we will never find out.

But I do know this because of the negligence of the officers and the use of a banned choke hold or whatever we want to call it. He was a chronic asthmatic anything can happen to them easily, my hard earned money and that of many NYer's now has to go to the family of this felon of 31 crimes because of someone who could not control themselves and the brotherhood of his piers who stood by and did nothing to prevent the over excessive use of force and refused to breathe in his mouth to resuscitate him.
Dear Bronxguyanese,

You can be arrested for refusing to provide ID, if an officer observes a violation. Also, the officers that you encountered could have also arrested you for Trespassing, because you refused to provide ID to prove that you reside at your location. The officers choose to use their discretion, and not book you.

Also Mr. Monday Morning QB Police officers don't walk around with the medical history of every perp they encounter, nor do they have the expertise to make on the field evaluations on a persons health. And I would not expect any officer to risk their life to go "soft" on someone because they could possibly get injured. They have their own health and safety to worry about.

Sincerely,

Old 07-21-2014, 10:47 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
There are times when a militarized police force may be needed, here is an example.

North Hollywood shootout - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, definitely, as with this incident:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_s...olice_officers

But that is why we have SWAT teams....these situations are the exception not the rule. We don't need our police treating every stop as a re-con mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Did you see that "toy" gun in California? What a fool. That kid gets popped every time. The "militarization" of the police has absolutely nothing to do with that situation. You really expect the cops to do an expert analysis of AK-47 variants and recreations in the span of 1 second? FOOL.
7 shots FOOL...1 to get him to drop the gun, the other 6 to be sure he was dead.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:52 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Only 7? If I was faced with a possible AK-47 pointed at me, I'm pretty sure I'd pull the trigger much more than that! Go Youtube what an AK can do, since that is very likely the closest you'll ever get to one.

Definition of irony: calling out the militarization of the police using an example of regular cops having a look-alike military weapon pointed at them.

Again: FOOL

Old 07-21-2014, 04:02 PM

250 posts, read 269,515 times
Lookie here, the cop who put Garner in a choke hold was sued twice for civil rights violations. Keep defending these scumbags who continue to ruin the reputation of the department along with their tool, Pat Lynch. I've never seen such a bigger tool than Pat Lynch.

Cop Who Put Eric Garner In Chokehold Has Been Sued Twice For Civil Rights Violations: Gothamist

Quote:
The NYPD officer caught on video putting a Staten Island man in a chokehold moments before he died has been sued twice for alleged civil rights violations, costing taxpayers $30,000 in settlement money (so far). Officer Daniel Pantaleo, an eight-year veteran of the NYPD, allegedly subjected two men to "a humiliating and unlawful strip search" on a Staten Island street, where they were forced to "pull their pants and underwear down, squat and cough."

That lawsuit was settled in January for $30,000. The plaintiffs alleged that Pantaleo and other officers "unlawfully stopped" them as the drove in a car through Staten Island. According to the lawsuit, Pantaleo falsely claimed that he saw crack and heroin in the backseat of the car—everyone in the vehicle was arrested, but the charges were subsequently dismissed.

The Staten Island Advance reports that a second lawsuit, which is still winding its way though the courts, accuses Pantaleo and other officers of misrepresenting facts in a police report to substantiate charges that were eventually dismissed. The plaintiff, Rylawn Walker, alleges that Pantaleo arrested him last February for marijuana-related charges, even though he was "committing no crime at that time and was not acting in a suspicious manner."

Pantaleo has been stripped of his gun and is now on desk duty pending the outcome of the investigation. Patrick J. Lynch, president of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, tells the Times that the modified duty “under these circumstances is a completely unwarranted, knee-jerk reaction for political reasons and nothing more. It is a decision by the department that effectively prejudges this case and denies the officer the very benefit of a doubt that has long been part of the social contract that allows police officers to face the risks of this difficult and complex job.”

Garner's son, 18-year-old Eric Snipes, obviously disagrees. "He should be in jail," Snipes tells the Daily News. "No protective custody, either. Put in the (general) population. I want to ask the man that did it, ‘What made you choke him like that?’ What made him put his hand around his bare neck?”
So as you can see, anyone can be brought up on bull**** charges after an arrest and waste the courts time with nonsense and have the city pay for it.

Your tax dollars at work.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:39 PM

7 posts, read 14,134 times
Why is it that the police never kill whites for minor crimes, like selling cigarettes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: